Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Has anyone heard of this as a scam

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Has anyone heard of this as a scam

Unread postby Thelastguy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:58 am

I met a woman on a phone app her bio lists her as a widow & single mother she let slip that they were separated she is an army woman & sweet but even I think it's to fast she did ask me to take down my bio,& did likewise after asking me to Google Hangouts (that has auto spell) rather than money she asked for an iTunes card claming it was for an assignment, for reasons of fair play I did so I don't regret that but she claims that her dead parents left her inheritance but in order to claim it she needs access to a credit card that she can not get on base she asked me to get a pre paid card an empty prepaid card that her lawyer can fill. I hope I am wrong & is everything she seems but she's too good to be true. I can't prove to her that I am real & she. Can't prove it to me either. Has ennyone ever heard of a card scam that needs no money to start, am I in danger of becoming an accomplice in a laundering scam or am I worrying too much? Please enny information I would appreciate I am sorry if I violated enny rules, I am kind of rushed, as she claims that without her inheritance she can't feed herself, I also noticed what could be a discrepancy in her name tag or it could be her maiden name, I don't know. Please advise.
Thelastguy
New survivor

Re: Has anyone heard of this as a scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:50 am

Absolutely, positively, 140% classic military/romance scam. Stop all contact with them now. Not one more reply to them. Block them everywhere.

iTunes cards, prepaid cards count as money, as they can be converted to cash. And asking for money in any amount, even one cent is a scam. Eventually, if you continue they will turn you into a money mule before dumping you. You could also become a victim of a recovery scam or a blackmail scam/sextortion at the end of this romance scam.

There is no real woman. The scammer is a man, abusing stolen photos and videos of an innocent woman.

We need the scammer's DETAILS in order to warn other victims.
Please post the email address used to scam, the name used by the scammer, any emails sent from the scammer to you (remove your name or personal details when posting them,) the phone numbers used by the scammer, pictures sent, documents, ID cards, chat names and IDs, and the name and address of the person that you sent the cards to.

Read these posts for other advice and for descriptions of romance scams and how they work.
What to do if you are a victim of a scam
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =3&t=26504

How the scams work
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =4&t=24589

How to spot if your valentine is a scammer.
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=18085
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Thelastguy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:53 pm

I will try to upload the most telling photo but it will be tricky I also want to upload my photos so that they can't be used. but I am concerned about the actual widow in the photo & her reputation, is it possible for you to locate & warn her, since her photos are not presently flagged she could be getting scammed also. I will have to retrieve the photos so give me an email to send them to the name tag prominently displayed in her photo is ECKERT U.S.ARMY the screen name is Carolyn Savage
Thelastguy
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Do read our guidelines for posting photos. We do not post photos of PPL in Hospitals or minor children. Also Nudity of any kind is forbidden. (Anything your wouldn't your minor child or your mother)

See our FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19

for more information.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Thelastguy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Also she claims to be demestic in Texas in a Lock down situation, but I wander if there is any precedents for this.
Thelastguy
New survivor

Unread postby Thelastguy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

How about a day in the life type photos?
Thelastguy
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Those are fine.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Thelastguy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:12 pm

OK guys I think I stepped into something, I decided to build a photo chronology for this, found more information on her claim to be "military officer out of Texas camp Bowie, Brownwood" decided bi might try emailing FBI about possible witness protection when something occurred to me decided to wiki soldier's under duress. The key part that made me suspicious was her mentioning a $750000. Inheritance & wanting a specific type of empty secured credit card and was adamant it not be a debt, would not accept a prepaid even when proposed. Then there's also the prominently displayed name tag that does not match her name & she won't explain it. Would be easy to claim it's a maiden name & put fear to rest she said nothing. Lastly when I questioned her about this she posted a cut up video 3 frame's one split in half of her puffing out her cheeks & sticking out her tung split between a clip of her sister on a couch, I wracked my brain, & broke rule one, I told her "I liked the video you sent with your sister it was tung in cheek was that from your inheritance?" " Like family meeting" she replied simply "yes" establishing a connection between 750000 & her making faces. I know it's not much but is there any way to confirm she is not a soldier under duress, without risking her life, if I am right she was knowingly willing to risk federal jail to bring me this. And yes I know I am reaching.
Thelastguy
New survivor

Unread postby Thelastguy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Won't let me post a pic
Thelastguy
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Thelastguy,

Try, please, to forward to my email address the messages, pictures and documents received from "her" and anyone else contacting on "her" behalf. You can find my email address here under every post I made. We will edit all the elements about you - if mentioned in the messages - and we will keep just the details about the scammer, because if posted right those info may save another victim before to be too late.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?