Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Am I going to be scammed?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Am I going to be scammed?

Unread postby IdiotMistake » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 am

First off, I feel like a total idiot, but here goes:

On POF there was an account that I matched with that had a sob story about how she "is struggling with lease bills and she is currently in college... blah blah blah" anyway, she goes on to say that she is selling nude pictures for money. In my moment of weakness, I'm thinking to myself that $20 bucks to help someone in college and also of course I'm thinking that her pictures would be cool because she looks very pretty. Anyway, all internal justifications aside, I sent the money via paypal and received the pictures. Then like an idiot I send her my number when she asked.

On her POF profile, it lists her as 19 (I'm 24 and have dated girls who are 30 so I don't feel that 5 years is that big of a deal), and before I open the pictures I asked her via text her age, because I didn't want to do anything illegal and she responds "19." So I think everything is good until I see another match on POF of the exact same account, but with different numbers after the name. Everything else is exactly the same. I get a terrible feeling in my stomach and start google searching POF scams and I end up here seeing some horror stories. I took pictures of her POF account, emails and texts that all list her as 19 for proof, but I'm afraid that I'm going to start getting nasty-grams about how she is "actually not 18" or something and demanding money.

Long story short, I'm curious if anyone else has suffered anything similar? Also, is it possible I could actually be prosecuted for something like this? I am DEFINITELY NOT LOOKING FOR OR AM INTERESTED IN ANY UNDERAGE MATERIAL.

"her" name is listed as "lexgirl" followed by several numbers that have changed on the two accounts that I saw.

I know this is a long post, but thanks in advance for any words of advice or help.
IdiotMistake
New survivor

Re: Am I going to be scammed?

Unread postby Big Al » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Rather be safe than sorry. I recommend you go to our Blackmail website, fill out the form, & take the outlined steps to protect yourself.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Also, is it possible I could actually be prosecuted for something like this?

Absolutely not. 18 and over is legal consent in any state or country in the world. In some places it could be lower.
If she says, "19" before anything gets going, you are safe. If the person later changes the age after the fact, then they are breaking the law. They are the criminal, not you. Any threats of either posting material, whether they actually do it or not is a crime. Posting material without your consent is also a crime in most places. Extortion for "more pictures or videos" or money is a federal offense.

Please do go to the link Big Al suggested. http://blackmailscams.com
We can investigate using the EXACT details you have. If we cannot determine 100% that the person is a scammer, we will hold them hidden from view in case another person reports that they did threaten or attempt to extort money.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby IdiotMistake » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Thank you all for your advise. I will follow your instructions. I am glad there is a forum like this people can go to for assistance.
IdiotMistake
New survivor

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?