Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby myvictimplanet » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 pm

First of all, I would like to thank the admins of this site. You are doing truly holy work. I wish I had found you 4 months ago. Sorry for the bad English.

I was scammed 4 months ago too. After a dating site, we switched to Telegram. I gave very few videos naked. They recorded my face, but when I was naked, my face was not. Then they played my video which is just my face. In the first two days, they contacted me from two different accounts. However, I blocked them and deleted my Telegram account. They spoke to me in Arabic. Later they spoke English. I don't remember the numbers. I was not on social media anyway. They threatened me with a Facebook friend list of a person unrelated to me. Our name is the same but only the first letter of my last name is the same. I never sent them money. Both times I blocked it very quickly. They have not been able to reach me since then. I have some questions for you.

1. The only place they can reach me is WhatsApp! They know my number. But they did not communicate from there. What are the chances of reaching me after 4 months?
2. I don't have an account on Facebook. However, there are some photos shared with my name by some institutions. They can also find me when they search the internet. I cannot delete them. Is this a risk?
3. There are hackers/scambaiters on the internet who claim to access the blackmailer's device and delete their data. There are even those who say they do it for free. Is it possible?
4. I don't think they know my last name. But they know my number. Can they learn my last name through this?

Thank you for the work you do. I would like to donate to you on my first paycheck.
myvictimplanet
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:18 pm

After 4 months of no contact, it's highly unlikely they'll try again. I'm not going to say it's 100% guaranteed as you've left an opening for them to contact you and we always recommend you close everything. The signs are definitely good though.

As for hackers, it's not something we condone here, and would never recommend anyone go that route.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby myvictimplanet » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:43 pm

Wayne wrote:After 4 months of no contact, it's highly unlikely they'll try again. I'm not going to say it's 100% guaranteed as you've left an opening for them to contact you and we always recommend you close everything. The signs are definitely good though.

As for hackers, it's not something we condone here, and would never recommend anyone go that route.

Dear Wayne, thank you for this quick reply. You gave me some relief after 4 months of suffering. God protect you. I need to use my mobile phone to run my business. However, I will do my best to resolve this issue. You are right.

So what do you think of my being visible on the internet? So I'm talking about my 2nd and 3rd question. I am a photographer and I am well known in my city. I have my name on the internet and Facebook because of the awards I have received.

In addition, I would like to say something to those who read this post. Yes, we made a mistake, but it is very important to learn from these mistakes. If I tell you from my own point of view, I suffered a lot psychologically. But this scourge has made me a more human being. I am more religious now. I don't judge people. I'm being tolerant. I am more compassionate towards animals.

Every human makes mistakes. According to the injustices and atrocities in the world, we made a small mistake. This brought us to ourselves. Healing takes time. But you will get better every day. There will always be doubt in you. But this is delusion. It is necessary to be able to stop that delusion. Spend more time with your family and real friends. Take part in organizations to help others, like the story of the admins on this site.
myvictimplanet
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 pm

myvictimplanet wrote:So what do you think of my being visible on the internet? So I'm talking about my 2nd and 3rd question. I am a photographer and I am well known in my city. I have my name on the internet and Facebook because of the awards I
have received.

As I say, there's not much you can really do now, but the fact they haven't contacted you in 4 months is a good indicator they've moved on. If they do contact you, go straight to the flashing link at the top of this page and follow everything there. Odds are though that they won't.

myvictimplanet wrote:In addition, I would like to say something to those who read this post. Yes, we made a mistake, but it is very important to learn from these mistakes. If I tell you from my own point of view, I suffered a lot psychologically. But this scourge has made me a more human being. I am more religious now. I don't judge people. I'm being tolerant. I am more compassionate towards animals.

Every human makes mistakes. According to the injustices and atrocities in the world, we made a small mistake. This brought us to ourselves. Healing takes time. But you will get better every day. There will always be doubt in you. But this is delusion. It is necessary to be able to stop that delusion. Spend more time with your family and real friends. Take part in organizations to help others, like the story of the admins on this site.

Whatever doesn't kill us.......
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby Makeshift » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Hey guys, looking for a little reassurance or possibly some clarity since you’ve seen so many cases and are experts. Sorry if more lengthy than needed.

This happened to me some time ago. Don’t exactly remember the day but around the month it happened last year. I’ve read how everything works, how many they scam, getting rid of evidence, money focus, etc. I accept all that, am not concerned.

I did pretty well to protect myself on the front end as I was on a NSA dating site. Used all throw away stuff, no phone, an alias, age was off a couple years, even had the frame of mind to ask for their email to add them on Skype as opposed to give mine as Skype doesn’t share email. Skype was fake name, G rated pics I shared prior were on nothing else. Really all they had was my city then the video.

Anyway, they made their threat about exposing me to family and friends, didn’t have any list to show me, and I just closed out and deleted everything compromised and the dating site. Left the email up for 30 days as that’s how long Skype takes to close to see if they tried messaging it and they didn’t.

Didn’t really think anything of it other than it’s a cheap scam. Never even thought about taking my real social media down either. They never found me…much later out of extreme precaution I changed the urls and profiles to landscape pictures. Did a reverse image search of pics I shared, nothing comes up. Not worried at all about them coming back or anything.

So, considering I didn’t know about the steps or anything but clearly took action to be safe prior. My only question is about not setting a google alert back then. At this point I’m not even fully sure what the alias I gave was so I can’t even really search anything in those time frames. I’m of course not worried about them posting it currently as I know they delete, but never thought to search in the first few weeks. I remember the first name, maybe I gave them a last name, not even sure. But there was zero contact after I exited the skype.

So while I fully understand you can’t say what 1 of many may do and I’m sure it’s probably happened before, I’m just looking for reassurance where you say the google alert is purely a precaution. Is it a rarity in your experience that they would put it somewhere if they couldn’t show me and had no contact? I mean it won’t be tied to my real name, but it IS all of me in the video after about 30 secs, and if I’m maybe on some adult site or something. I understand the majority of the time it’s YouTube on a private link, to show someone, so don’t care about that.

My scammer was surely Philippine based on pics/vid, if that means anything. Or how do they label them when the post them? But hopefully you guys can maybe provide some reassurance. Or maybe I’m just overthinking this and scaring myself or not looking at it properly and worrying about nothing.

Thanks for the time.
Makeshift
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm

Makeshift wrote:My only question is about not setting a google alert back then.

The Google alert is simply a way to show if anything does turn up using one single resource instead of looking at sites constantly. It makes no difference to the scam itself, just as a "no news is good news" precaution.
Wayne

Unread postby Makeshift » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Wayne wrote:
Makeshift wrote:My only question is about not setting a google alert back then.

The Google alert is simply a way to show if anything does turn up using one single resource instead of looking at sites constantly. It makes no difference to the scam itself, just as a "no news is good news" precaution.

Okay I get that. But two the 2nd part of it in their MO to put them places without the victim knowing? Thanks for the patience
Makeshift
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:03 am

Makeshift wrote:But two the 2nd part of it in their MO to put them places without the victim knowing?

And if they did, Google would find it and alert you. Very few scammers actually ever upload the video anyway. Simply showing you they have it is enough.
Wayne

Unread postby cantouchworld » Mon May 30, 2022 7:24 pm

Hello, I registered before. but i forgot my username. so i created a new account.

God bless the amazing people here.

It's been 7 months and no message from anyone. I followed all the steps here. I just went back to Whatsapp 3 months ago. I couldn't change my phone. But no one sent me a message. I actually felt very relieved thanks to the nice people here. But I guess lately I've become obsessive. Because I do checks on the internet every day. I'm looking at the profile pictures of the phone numbers I've blocked. I've been reading the news about scams. I think my scammer is from Morocco. I'm afraid they will come back. I dream that they are texting my friends. Actually, my mind says they won't come back, but my heart is afraid.

I guess I'm not well. I can't get out of this vortex. I even created a fake Facebook account. I'm looking for my own name. I'm under the misconception that scammers opened accounts with the same name as my own. I always got technical help from you. But this time I came for spiritual and psychological help. Please forgive me.
cantouchworld
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Mon May 30, 2022 8:37 pm

If you have not gotten any contact from the scammer in 7 months then it is doubtful you will ever hear from them again. They attempt to scam around 30 people per day.

Let's do the math:
7 Months times a minimum of 28 days = 196
196 days times 30 people per day = 5880 people

That means in the time since you last heard from the scammer they have tried to scam over 5800 people many of which do send money and there is little chance that the scammer would remember you. Especially if you did not send money.

The scammers care nothing for their victims. They only care about the money.

no money and no contact to deliver their threats and they move on to victims they can get money from and threaten.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?