Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Should i be nervous

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Should i be nervous

Unread postby nervousnelly123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:52 pm

close to a year ago, i stupidly was drunk and video chatted on omegle. i did not show my face (they asked me to) and they didn't show theirs. i could not tell if the video was fake or not but i wasn't relaly looking honestly. i did not give any personal info, did not click any links or anything. the only possible info they could have would be my ip, i can't remember if i used vpn or not.

Anywasy i got a friend request on several social channels from a person with a blank profile but the same first name as the one they gave me in the chat. Its a very common name but i got nervous and blocked them, and set all my social media to private. I have not had them contact me in any way since, have gotten no other requests anywhere, do you think i'm dealing with a random creeper or could this be a attempt at blackmail almost a year later? i know i'm probably being paranoid but even if they recorded me i didnt kno this blackmail stuff happened.
nervousnelly123
New survivor

Re: Should i be nervous

Unread postby Big Al » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Blackmail scammers tend to move on quickly if they don't get paid. Since you did this a year ago your probably safe. Leave your privacy settings high and be careful of new contacts.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby nervousnelly123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:09 pm

ok thank you. i have never actually been blackmailed, never got any messages or requests or anything but just to be safe followed most of the steps on the website when i hear about it. did not deactivate my acounts because it seems to be okay for now but privacy settings are super high.

have you guys heard of cases where the inital blackmail takes place a year after first recorded?
nervousnelly123
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

i have never actually been blackmailed, never got any messages or requests or anything

= it was not a blackmail scam/sextortion.

Its a very common name
= it could be a coincidence.

It is good to be careful while online, but being paranoid for something happened a year ago without an aftermath at that moment it is little overreacting.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?