Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I have someone trying to scam me

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

I have someone trying to scam me

Unread postby poppetgong » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:18 am

Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have someone trying a version of the romance scam on me, but I am aware of what he's trying. I wanted to share his information so people are aware and wanted to know what steps I should take.

Summary: Contacted me on instagram pretending to work for the EU in Turkey at the refugee camps. Has all the red flags of only being able to message me at certain times, is a "single dad" with multiple layers of hard luck story. Now he's stepped up his game and wants to send me all his belongings and money, as long as I Contact his agent.

Please advise next steps.

Poppet
poppetgong
New survivor

Re: I have someone trying to scam me

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:43 am

You have come to the right place.
The scammer sends a non-existent package by a non-existent diplomatic courier or using a fake website delivery service.
The package supposedly contains personal belongings and a sum of money or jewelry.
The package gets stopped at a border somewhere and needs some sort of credentials to move forward.
They use terms like diplomatic yellow tag, Security Clearance tag, Anti-money laundering tag etc. as the reason money is needed.
The scammer says he doesn't have access to his money and asks the victim to pay the diplomat or courier promising to reimburse the victim when they come to be with them.
If the victim sends money then more money is asked for.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat until the victim is broke or stops paying.
Then the scammer will contact the victim in the guise of being a fake law enforcement entity.
They will claim they have scanned or opened the package and found the valuables within.
They will tell the victim they will be arrested if they do not pay another sum of money to finish the delivery.
If the victim pays, more money is asked for. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You should stop all contact with the scammer and any associates.
They will all be part of the scam.
Do not tell them you know they are a scammer.
Then be careful of any new contact from anyone you do not know because the scammers often try again.
If you sent the scammer a copy of your ID or Passport then you should have your line of credit frozen.

Please post as much information as possible concerning the scammer.
E-mails, E-mail addresses, Photographs and Fake documents, Phone numbers, & places you were asked to send money are all helpful.
Remove any of your real life references.
If you are not sure what to post you can forward the e-mails etc to me at my E-mail address which is in my signature line below.
Feel free to ask any questions,
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?