Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Should I be concerned..?

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Should I be concerned..?

Unread postby Smallevil » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:04 pm

The incident I am about to disclose happened three or four years ago and unfortunately I have no information for the scammer. We met on Omegle where he introduced himself as a female. We chitchated for a while and I, then 18 years old, became affected by the anonymous. So when she asked me to move to Skype webcam I didn't hesitate and from then on you can guess what happened. The scammer didn't appear on cam at all, but tricked me into stripping. Once the stranger had what he needed, he threatened to upload the footage in Instagram and Snapchat. Quite luckily, throughout the whole chat I hasn't shared any personal details and the scammer didn't even know my real name.
I deactivated my facebook immediately, blocked the scanner's skype profile and lost all of his contacts..
Now, years later, this incident was brought back to my mind by a friend who suffered terrific damage from scam. Many years have passed; I haven't been blackmailed and I havent heard from this scammer ever again. My concern however remains; does he really possess the footage? At the time he did not play it back to me.
I may have public appearances in the future, so I fear I may come to be identifiable.. How likely is it that this footage emerges from somewhere in the web sometime in the future ..?
Smallevil
New survivor

Re: Should I be concerned..?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:30 pm

My concern however remains; does he really possess the footage? After 4 years, not a chance in Hell.

At the time he did not play it back to me. That's because he did not record it at all, or save it, or you disconnected before he had a chance to loop it to you.

I may have public appearances in the future, so I fear I may come to be identifiable.. Ridiculous fear, as scammers do not chase victims for years, merely until you block them and close your own social accounts in the beginning of the scam.

How likely is it that this footage emerges from somewhere in the web sometime in the future ..? You have a better chance of an asteroid hitting you in the head, and you are the only one who gets killed.

How many of the 26-27,000 reports on our site did the scammer return after 3-4 years? ZERO. All your fear is self-generated in your own head.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Smallevil » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:19 pm

So it is unlikely that he has posted it somewhere.. Or saved it...?
Smallevil
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Please read again SlapHappy first answer above.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com