Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.
Post a reply

Jason Neil - jasonnirl32@gmail.com

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Form Submitted On: 2021-09-17 19:29:44

What name did the scammer use?: Jason Neil
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Facebook
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: jasonnirl32@gmail.com
Please include any photos/documents sent to you by the scammer.:

Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : He sent a friend request on facebook. I liked his picture so I accepted, next day he started talking throughput the facebook messenger. The same day we started talking he asked if I could download hangouts because he didn’t use facebook that much and wanted to keep taking to me. So I downloaded the app and started taking through that. After about a month he started asking me to send an expensive gift to his son that had a birthday, I told him I couldn’t. Then he asked for a google play gift card for his internet access because he needed to keep talking to me, I really didn’t find any where I live so he changed tactics. He started saying that his son got sick and needed to go to Dallas to see him. He even sent me a picture of his son connected to a respirator. He asked me to fill a form for him to get leave so he could see his son because spouses and girlfriends had better chance to get the vacation time faster. So told him I didn’t want to lie to the government so he got it a couple of hours later and then he started asking me to send him money through bitcoin or money gram or whatever place I could find to send money. He told me he was an orthopedic surgeon working in Oman for the United Nations. I contacted UN and they told me that nobody named Jason Neil worked for them. I checked the lists for doctors working for UN and there isn’t even orthopedic surgeons working for them.
Did you send any money to the scammer? If so, how much?: $500
Post a reply