Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Robert Chan - robchan5050@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Robert Chan - robchan5050@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Posted on behalf of the targeted victim:

I was targeted recently on a dating website for people in recovery, called Single and Sober. A man called 'Robert' contacted me - picture attached, explaining his broken English to say he was Italian by birth, lived in LA, had a Brazilian father and a Mexican mother. His loving emails lasted around 3 months, letting me know he was an architect working in Qatar on a big project out in the desert, building one of the stadiums for FIFA, but owing to the desert location he had poor internet and struggled with connections. He sent emails then wanted to use an app where we could text for little cost, which I installed. Lots of communications at all hours of the day and night, then started describing problems with his workers - he employed Chinese workers who turned out to be illegal immigrants, leaving him with fines to pay or else face jail; $11 000 per worker. He had half the money but couldn't get the other half until after he was paid and the government wanted all the money within five days.

I told my family and my son and my sister both raised concerns. I read about some scams and realized he hadn't exactly asked me for money, but had left it sort of hanging in the air as the only possible solution. As a test I asked him to photograph the charge sheet he got from the Qatari court and I would have an Arabic speaking friend look over it...but of course the 'signal was bad'. So I knew then. Thankfully I never sent him a penny, but I am left feeling sad, foolish and embarrassed. I'm grateful for your website, it's making me feel better. His scam was excruciatingly elaborate with doctored web chat screens, even acting out being interrupted by a phone call and so on...really sophisticated. I totally fell for it all, until there was this drama about money.

Here's a pic of no doubt some poor innocent chap somewhere...he used the email address robchan5050@yahoo.com

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Robert Chan - robchan5050@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Messages received on the dating site:

My name is Robert .Have been sober due to the death of my wife 2 years ago .I am currently ready for a new relationship

You should be home now i presume..When have been to England on three different occasion .I am also a football lover, i love Manchester United football team
I actually earn more in undeveloped country .I do not really have a favorite building design, i am versatile.Meanwhile my late mom was a chorister,she taught me how to play Piano at age 6 , so i was not surprised when my boy decided to be a priest .
I Romantic books and inspirational books ..
I like Harry porter movie, Titanic,hocus pocus..Bands-Bon Jovi
Rob

You such a nice woman with beautiful heart .Well you have a good plan meeting me halfway. Lol. Perhaps, travelling to Milan will be good to see my son and you .Although it depends on your schedule
Thanks for the kind gesture , i feel blessed receiving messages from you and thank you so much
Well when i am giving a job, i am paid 10 percent .I use my money for construction, like i moved all my money here in Qatar to pay workers and complete this project..I receive a huge sum of money when i am done which is my remaining 90 percent .well i had to set up my retirement plan few years back.I have multiple investment option,
I wanna invest in a Gas station hopefully, real estate rentals and supplementary educational businesses.
I already have a property in California and Netherlands respectively .Although my property in Netherlands is an inherited property from my mom ;she was a medical doctor
Also my retirement plan is gonna be merry merry merry .lol and I would like a revenue stream in retirement...
Truth be told, i could relocate for someone i love.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: robchan5050@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Emails received:

On Wednesday, 23 September 2020, Robert Chan <robchan5050@yahoo.com> wrote:

Good Morning xxx,
Sorry for the Covid -19 pandemic.
Like i said earlier,i am a simple man on the outside but internally optimistic and naturally curious. What can I say? I love love
I only ask for and expect what i can give myself. I do not judge, or try not to ,and am very compassionate and empathetic;almost to my detriment.
I believe effective and consistent communication and mutual respect are essential to a healthy relationship.

Life isn't always rosy.Sometimes it can be very mean, it can serve you a handful of punches at times.So i made up my mind to level up and live a good life, stay positive and happy.
I make an effort to find a positive side in everything. I don"t get angry, i rather make it an opportunity to develop my patience level

Robert
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Robert Chan - robchan5050@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm

To:
Sent: Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Subject: Re: Hey Beautiful

Hey xxx,
Thanks for your mail which i read with smiles.Yea i am actually working on some building in Qatar for the Fifa project.
In regards to your questions about feeling and emotional involvement,.
December 10 2019 in Marriotts Maui Ocean Club, i was on a vacation and i met a woman , we liked each other .I developed feelings for her and we kissed and had sex 8 days later. I was astonished when she woke me up in the middle of the night to inform me that she was married and she wanted to file a divorce before she met me.I was peeved and i totally disconnected from her..cuz you don't start a relationship with a lie ..Mutual trust is the bedrock of a relationship
I love your outlook and perspective.
I am optimistic when it comes to "love" and hold it in very high regard. I do want to experience that emotional connection with one person and I am willing to reserve it for the right person.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: robchan5050@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 pm

On Thursday, 24 September 2020 , Robert Chan <robchan5050@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi xxx

The source of my creativity is fueled by many things such as nature, travel, personal transformation,poetry and all things colorful, I find my deepest well of inspiration simply in the process of creating something out of nothing.
In addition to my current creativity would be a deep desire to do something big, the necessity to do something more.
Tell me more about you growing up as a wonderful woman.I wanna know your childhood friend, i wanna know how you developed yourself to be a wonderful woman that you are .
I should be done with my job next month .I will officially retire next year .

Regards
Robert
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.