Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Rodney Startin - roddy1957@hotmail.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Rodney Startin - roddy1957@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:43 pm

The scammer is active on CristianCafe. One of his targets there asked us to check his profile, because it was looking suspicious to her, after receiving few emails - and she was right.

Fake identity used: Rodney Startin
Email address used: roddy1957@hotmail.com

Stolen pictures used:

One of the pictures is also used on another dating site, where he claims to be in Clarksville:

Peter59 year old man
I'm a sweet and loving man with a good heart, i enjoy the outdoors and am not opposed to trying new things. I like going out for dinner and am also a very good cook especially trying new recipes, taking long walk, I enjoy going for concert, wine tasting, water parks. I will give everything I can to someone who give me the same. I believe in marriage and dating the way it was originally intended, not the way the world has let it currently became. I have a lot to say about my self but I think it will be nice to keep some things private and share with that special person. Let's communicate.

peter.JPG
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Rodney Startin - roddy1957@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Type of messages sent to the victims:

Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019
To:
Subject: Re: Rodney from christiancafe

Hello xxx,

Thanks for getting back in touch with me, I'm glad I found you. I have been extremely busy with work and I have lots of projects piled up myself for next week with a short time frame to execute. I have been active in Architectural and Interior Design projects since the mid-nineties. I had been involved in the industry even before I graduated. I was involved in government service and for just the curiosity of it, the private practice. I obtained my degree in Business management major in Italy, I also have masters in architecture. I've been widowed for 6yrs now. I was born and raised in Bologna, Italy before I migrated to Seattle WA with my parents. A story for when we meet.

I got married to my college sweetheart after graduation and we both moved down here Washington state together because of my work at the time. We were happily married before I lost her to cancer. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 and she was doing great until one day the Dr informed us there were some complications and she would be gone in 4 days, she lasted three. It was heartbreaking and devastating for me, I was terribly sad but by the grace of God I am healed, but thats not the end of the story. God is not done with me yet. She was a kind, loving wife. She will always be remembered.

It was hard to get over at first as I waited for 3½years before I started dating again. After then I got myself in 2 relationships that didn't seem to work out, they were loving and very caring but the chemistry just wasn't there. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. I've never minded being alone for those years; however recently I've started feeling somewhat lonely. I believe strange things happen to make extraordinary things come in place, the fact that you are meeting someone online is strange, the fact that you make something remarkable come out of it makes it extraordinary. I’m a lonely person in a big world and I’m searching for a honest woman, who is eager to find her second half and perfect fit. Life is not so easy and I am too naive to understand this. I believe in happy future. Maybe you too?.

I miss having that one special someone to come home to. That one person that you call when something wonderful happens as well as when you need a shoulder to cry on. I long for that one relationship that can withstand anything... the good and the bad. That one relationship that will last an eternity. Ok, I feel like I’m writing you a novel... lol. Your turn!

Take care and hope to hear from you very soon. I have attached a couple of my pictures.

Blessings,
Rodney

The highlighted quote can be seen also in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=813, while being used by a scammer pretending to be a woman.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Rodney Startin - roddy1957@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 4:51 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Rodney from christiancafe

Good morning xxx,

Thank you for giving me an insight of you. I don’t even know where to begin, to say what I want to convey to you. I will do my best to express my thoughts and hope you can understand what I mean. I have wanted to reply to your email ever since it arrived but this is the first moment I have had. I understand the age difference but I don't think it should be an obstacle from my own perspective. You see, I really want to meet you and see where this friendship goes after our meetings but I've been tied down with a lot of work lately. I've met couple of women on online dating that turns out to lie about their relationship status, while they were still married. I had to stop communicating with them, as I don't want to get myself in that situation or be a home wrecker.

I would like to tell you a story that touched my heart last Wednesday. I visited a nursing home with a friend to see his mother. In the nursing home there was a lady who was unresponsive. I'm not sure of her history. The nurse put her in a lazy boy chair and wheel her to the nurses desk. She laid there with her head to one side with drool coming out of her mouth. She never moved. I was coming around the corner on my way out. As I turned the corner another patient was next to her. He was an older gentleman with a baseball cap on. He was on a wheelchair. As I came around the corner I saw him take a Kleenex and he wiped the drool off the side of her face. He was talking to her softly. He was looking at her and then held her hand. I had paused my movement so I would not disturb him. After a few moments he glanced my way and stopped talking. He then tucked her blanket at her shoulder. I witness his love for her and it brought tears to my eyes.

My late wife (Kelly) was British, we do visit London regularly before she passed on, her family still lives in London. I lost both of my parents on the same day Sept 7 2014 in an accident. I will never forget them for they have shown me how much I truly mean to them many times even at my worst but I never really cherished it when they were alive. My father was the one driving, my mother was in the front passenger seat with him. The fatality was both of them and that was because they weren't wearing their seat belt properly. My mother kept the lap-belt on, but put the chest belt behind her back. The details of "how" aren't so important to the question, but they ended up striking a car nearly head-on and they both was thrown forward and broke their neck on the windshield as the car was crushed into the oncoming vehicle. I'm told it was instantaneous. I'm inclined to believe it.

You see, interior decorators on the other hand (of the serious variety) are also ‘Investors’ to varying degrees, and when I say ‘investor’ that can mean not just in terms of money. When you decorate a home/office, your clients want much much more than a pretty house/office when they are considering hiring you. My job has taken me to several countries, I have been to different, (London, Holland, Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia) I sometimes work from home. I have been in and out of this job for 18 years now. BUT, a month ago I wanted to move to Paris or so I thought. I was interviewing for Disney there, and also a company in California called me for another interview and I got hired here first, 4 days later I got a call from Disney. I still wonder if I did the right thing, but I believe God gave me the California contract for a reason, so I don't second guess myself about my decision to work for Disney. Who knows, maybe that opportunity may present itself again in life. When God opens a door, just walk through it and see what happens... my point is, I am not unstable, so don’t panic, just looking for something I never had ever since my wife passed away. I haven't been asked out for a while now, maybe because I'm sometimes selective, that is why I signed up on the dating site. I am a money maker, I never have a problem finding work, now love, that’s another story.

I've since started working on the California contract for the past weeks, It's an office building and I've been contracted to renovate and decorate the whole office space for about 60 staffs including the President and the VP of the company. The interesting part is I get to import the items myself from Turkey before it opens for service by March next year. I'm truly honoured! I've made all arrangement since I got the contract and I will be traveling to Istanbul, Turkey next month. I'm a little bit nervous but can't absolutely wait to enjoy and explore the beautiful city. I will be leaving first week in January and spending only 2 weeks there. I hope this won't be a deal breaker for our friendship?. I promise we won't loose communication a bit, I will take my laptop with me and my phone will be on. 509-640-3061.

It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with. My goals and dreams are to live a good life, and maybe meet someone that believes in unconditional love. However I wouldn't consider myself a “dream” man at all. I am just an average man who is really seeking what God would have for me and even through my faults, and failures that God would give me a second chance at a good marriage. I felt like I had wasted a lot of years but I don't blame myself. God through His grace can take any situation and turn it for good.

Questions for you :

- What makes you smile?
- What makes you cry?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- Who do you look up to & learn from?
- What are the 4 words that your friends would use to describe you?

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to build this special friendship with you! My special friendship with you is something I want to make permanent and we can say we are happy at the end. I will totally understand if it doesn't work out and of course, we can always remain friends.

Blessings,
Rodney

+15096403061
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: Onvoy, Llc - Wa
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Raphael Saunders - ChristianCafe.com

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Submitted On: 2021-10-17 10:53:36

What name did the scammer use?: Ralph (Raphael) Saunders
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: ChristianCafe.com
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: Did not exchange email addresses
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?: 757-571-7800

Briefly explain what happened during the scam. :
Met on ChristianCafe.com. Sent a few messages through their site (only 1 example of his below). He sounded intelligent and genuine. He gave me his phone number. I talked to him once on the phone and he had a fairly thick accent. We texted back and forth for a few days. I asked to video chat and he said his phone didn't have a camera nor did his laptop (first red flag). I did a reverse image search of his picture and found him on this site, confronted him with it when he called and he said he would get a camera for his laptop but, of course, didn't hear from him again.
Example of what he wrote in response to my questions:

Good morning ,

I hope you had a good night rest. I'm not sure if my pictures are visible to others now, please let me know. I can see you've had a fair share with online dating being that you met your second husband online even though that was 21 years ago. This is my very first time trying online dating, I used to think it's not for me but here I am.

I really enjoyed reading your letter, you talk in details and I appreciate that. Please feel free to ask anything you want to know about me, I would be pleased to answer. I know you said you have a date on Friday but I would still like to get acquainted with you. Not sure if to wish you good luck with the date or not. haha.

My interest in the studying the word is Creation Science. That alone is enough for everyone to know God exists and should be praised and worshiped always. I use that theology to preach the word of God to anyone that cares to listen. I'm not a perfect man but I always do my best to follow the Lord's ways which gives me peace of mind. I would love to attend the Creation conference in May if I can get a seat.

I am a trial member on the site and it should be up in a couple of days I guess. I don't think I want to become a member here so I would suggest we text each other or talk sometime over the phone if that's okay with you. I am not sure 7 5 7 if they will let 5 7 1 that be visible 7 8 to you but let me know please 0 0. I have to get back to work now and hope to hear from you soon.

Blessings,
Ralph

Did you send any money to the scammer? If so, how much?: No, he didn't ask for any

Same images posted on Dec12, 2019.

Phone: +17575717800
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Virginia
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Romance scams.