Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Romance Scammer Gerald Alex Huffman w/ Unknown Stolen Photos

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Romance Scammer Gerald Alex Huffman w/ Unknown Stolen Photos

Unread postby fightinmad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 pm

IMG_0551.JPG
This picture is also linked to Lucas Higginbotham on Scam Survivors
At the beginning of June 2018 I "met" a "guy" on OK Cupid by the name of Gerald Alex Huffman who stated he lived in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio called Blacklick. He stated his birth date was July 17, 1963, born in London, England. His father was an American and he was brought up in Denver, Colorado. He was divorced 15 years after his wife was unfaithful. He had a 30 year old son named Alex who was a US Marine. We texted on OKC for a few days then skipped to texting because he said the OKC app was not working correctly on his Blackberry. I checked his phone number and saw it was a Denver area code. I figured he kept his number from Colorado. He said he was currently working in Saa'na ,Yemen for the UN. He surveyed areas in advance for safety /anti terrorist groups. Whoever this person(s) ended up being they were very articulate and had impeccable grammar as well. In hindsight perhaps it was a script but, they seemed to be a great conversationalist and we covered a lot different topics even religion. Of course as in all of these scams they are pretty quick to confess their "love" for you unconditionally. I told them I was not so quick to fall for someone and could not return they love like that. At first they seemed okay with that and was pretty patient. During that time they shared their bank account in the states had been hacked and they bank had closed it down. Unfortunately, that did not send up a huge red flag to me as I had a relative that actually did have someone hack into their bank account poised to steal money from them. About a week later they told me the software on their laptop to do their work had crashed and was unusable. I thought to myself,'Don't ask me for money to help you.' Well, of course they did a few days later. At first it was $1300 and I said, 'No way!'. So then they said if I sent him $800 it would cover the cost. He explained it was expensive because it was custom. I suggested that he contact his bank and work with them on getting the money, even ask for a loan since they have his assets. Of course that wasn't a viable suggestion. I also suggested he contact the UN and let them know his predicament. He said he did contact them and they were going to send him the money but, it would take awhile since they were undergoing an audit. If I would just come up with the money first, he would make sure I would be paid right away. I told him that I did not have the money and I didn't like I was in a place with him that I was willing to give money to him. When he asked why I told him there are lots of scammers on dating sites that profess their love and then take money from people. Of course he was incensed that I would tie him to such a notion. He was a man of good character whose intentions were nothing like that. Fortunately for me I found his behavior to be increasingly whiny and annoying. After about a month (July 12, 2018) of this I finally told him my answer was NO! My error was that I confronted him that I felt he was a scammer and I no longer wanted to speak to him. Well, I got a earful of how selfish I was, immature, and had trust issues!!! I laughed at his tongue lashing but, I wished I would have just blocked him and said nothing. That way he wouldn't have known I was on to him so he didn't have any information to change his approach to the next victim.
fightinmad
New survivor

Re: Romance Scammer Gerald Alex Huffman

Unread postby firefly » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 am

Thank you for your report, fightinmad.

Can you post the email address he was using with you, please? It might help if you can also post some of the messages he sent to you - the initial ones where he is talking about himself and the ones where he was asking for money will be useful. Any of those messages will be reused with other victims and those victims can find the details if posted.

Don't forget, please, to remove your name and any personal details about yourself if mentioned in the messages before posting.

You have here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=26504 few steps to follow for protecting yourself after being targeted by a scammer.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Romance Scammer Gerald Alex Huffman w/ Unknown Stolen Ph

Unread postby fightinmad » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Firefly,
Unfortunately I did not communicate with this person via email but, by text only. Later, I found the number they used (720)675-8504 was a VOIP number through Cingular Wireless, which could mean the person wasn’t actually in Denver as the number suggests. After awoke I got rid of the texts. This person got really slow to answer when I was trying to get answers as to the software they needed and where it could be found. It kept insisting they weren’t trying to get money from me, only needed help temporarily. I believe the scripted part was more the “romance” part. After awhile it seemed like their story was falling apart the more questions I asked because I wasn’t responding quickly to their request.
I do have additional photos that were sent. I only posted the one because it led me to this website when I googled the pics. Apparently it was used in another scam documented on here , which helped confirm my suspicions. I DID NOT use that info though when I confronted the scammer.

Phone:
+17206758504
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Denver, CO
Original network provider* New Cingular Wireless Pcs, Llc
fightinmad
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Is there any other information concerning the scammer you can post for others to find?

Photos, phone numbers, & links to social media are all helpful.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby fightinmad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:49 am

IMG_0550.JPG
Was told in this photo the other gentleman was named "Nathan", a former colleague that passed away from lung cancer approx. Feb 2018
IMG_0494.JPG
first photo received saw on OKC
IMG_0495.JPG
Was told by scammer the younger individual was his son, Alex; a current Marine stationed in Kuwait
IMG_0518.JPG
I wished I would have questioned this one. Why would someone working for the UN be at a marketing conference? (InBound is yearly marketing conference in Boston, Mass. )
IMG_0546.JPG
This pic and next 5 sent when I refused to send scammer $1300 initially.
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG
first photo received saw on OKC
Below are the photos beside the one attached to my original post. It is all I have.
Attachments
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0555.JPG
The last three were sent to me July 12,2018 the day I last communicated with the scammer. Was told was sending photos to me to "prove" was actual person. The snow picture I believe was taken in New York City. There is a sign behind the individual "Lot-Less" that my research stated was some type of discount store in NYC.
IMG_0556.JPG
fightinmad
New survivor

Unread postby fightinmad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 am

IMG_0557.JPG
last photo
fightinmad
New survivor

Return to Romance scams.