Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Dr. Steve G. Jones

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Dr. Steve G. Jones

Unread postby firefly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Zorpia:

Hi. Nice to meet you and I hope you're well. I'm from the UK. A singe parent with a daughter and I would like to know more about you and I will appreciate it if you send me your name on Facebook or Skype so we can get to know each other better. My name on Facebook is Dan Jnr Fergoson and skpe is +2348184488727.

Fake profile used:

Daniel / Daniel3372
37, Lagos, Nigeria
Looking for a date or a relationship with a girl
aged 40‑99, in Fiji.
Single
hi friends, I am here to have a laugh and hopefully make others smile, I have a great sense of humor, and really like to cheer people up !!... we live in a crazy world, and I have been known to b a little crazy, and I've met some crazy people too, being a little crazy is what make us all special and unique, so, come and say hi anytime, I;m open to any kind of discussion, you will always get an honest answer from me, I;m straight and to the point!! I am honest a good listener and understanding with the fear of god

Picture used :

daniel.jpg

The picture used is a stolen image of the American hypnotherapist Dr. Steve G. Jones. The image is part of a gallery reported online for being used in romance scams since 2011.

Gallery here: https://scamsurvivors.com/piwigo/index. ... egory/2909
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Dr. Steve G. Jones

Unread postby firefly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:05 pm

On singleinthailand.com the same stolen picture is used as:

gencaldwell
male, 50 y/o, Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Additional stolen pictures used:

daniel1.jpg

daniel2.jpg

daniel3.jpg

daniel4.jpg

daniel5.jpg

daniel6.jpg
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

matt19emre@gmail.com

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Form received 2017-10-19 19:32:44

What name did the scammer use?: Emre Matt Miller
Scammer's email address if you have it.: matt19emre@gmail.com

How old did the scammer say they were?: 50
Scammer's Skype name.: not given
Scammer's Skype username .: not given
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page.: Emre Matt
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? .: Bumble
If they asked you to leave the site/app , where did they take you to?: Whatapp
How much money did they demand?: 2000
Name you were told to send the money to.: Gloria Lampard Suncorp Account Number 604073827
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: Sydney
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: 13146326842
If they posted your video on a website, please include the link.: not yet
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: deleted from Facebook
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed.: He is threatening to post intimate videos online
=
+13146326842
Number billable as geographic
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location St Louis, MO
Original network provider Southwestern Bell
"Google (Grand Central) BWI - Bandwidth.com - SVR" Google Voice redirected VOIP phone number.
Attachments
x240-Ett_yns6hr.jpg
x240-Ett_yns6hr.jpg (12.42 KiB) Viewed 13302 times
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: matt19emre@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Fake profile used on Facebook:

Emre Matt - active since August 16, 2017.

I am a happy man who believes in living life to the fullest.

Additional stolen pictures used:

emre.jpg

emre1.jpg

emre2.jpg

emre3.jpg

emre4.jpg

emre5.jpg
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: matt19emre@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim.

He made out the fees where like immigration lawyer fees. I saw the spelling errors and assumed it was a junior clerck things...

I wasn't his fiance, he said he needed to say that to get it over the line.
He said he was due for retirement next year and had chosen xxx (victim's city)
He also said he had saved up enough leave over 20 years to live with without pay for a couple of years.

He said he would be with me in a few days so thats when he texted me the private bank details. Those details were a fake bank account which showed a balance of $200KUSD. He asked me to transfer that into my bank account, I said no way there are money laundering conditions here ... and he said a lower amount of $70K, which I did try and we got the COT code... which I wrote to the fake operations guy and he asked for $2K to get a withdrawal.

I was in huge cognitive dissonance here...but still hooked in. I started to google domain names and everything and my doubt grew and I said I couldn't find the money my trust was thrown. Because he had an eye on extracting confidential business information he decided not to push to hard and said its okay. He said it was impossible for him to get money from America because he didn't have online banking. I now know that is BS from friends who lived in NY.

I didn't tell people it was all online because they would have begged me to stop and I still believed that I could exercise extraordinary trust.

I told him early on that (...) sometimes I could work and sometimes couldn't work and this affected my money. When we last spoke I said it was full blown again and that I would have any money and that I couldn't work... (...) He has checked on my incoming funds and knew I would have money coming in over the next 4 weeks.
(...)
After he realised that he exhausted means to get money from me he said imagine if he told the army I had been harassing him with unwanted sexually explicit videos. (...) He then said he would share it on Facebook and I said my friends loved me and would support me and he said he would give it to my daughter. I hung up on him, on the beginning of the phone conversation I let him know this would be the last conversation. He texted via WhatsApp a still shot of my Facebook friends list juxtaposed against a video of mine to scare me.

He was really keen to get a photo of my mother and he also got my birthdate and address.

He also asked what type of iPhone I was using so I know I need to have it checked.

He upped the game as he accumulated more money from me 1.000 USA in total, almost 100 USD in iTunes cards and the rest on the leave fee.

Since I deleted WhatsApp all is silent. He said I know why you are telling me this because you have deleted Facebook it is because you don't want me anymore.. I said thats right you have money problems and you won't admit it. A few days before I asked if he was playing me and he said 'no'. I showed the hypnotherapist photos and he said people misappropriated his images and that he would video call me to confirm. He never did until I had stopped taking his calls. He tried one then to scare me and get me to reengage... "he said this is what you wanted, pick up".
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

leave@consultant.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 pm

The travel basic allowance (asking the victim to pay for the leave of a military person from a war field) is a myth - no army in the world uses, only scammers.

Emails:

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017, www. defense.gov <leave@consultant.com> wrote:

U.S. ARMY PRIVATE AFFAIRS, MEDIA
RELATIONS DIVISION. BUILDING 1.
1 MILITIA DRIVE. SOUTHPORT, NC.
28461-5000. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
(425) 321-2605.

ATTENTION!!! MS. xxx,

Your application to defend the deployment of your fiance (MSGT. Emre Matt) to Damascus, Syria was received, The U.S. Army sincerely hopes that you take the advantage of this opposition to grant MSGT. Emre Matt a replacement for his deployment to complete a Medical Evaluation Board Training.(MEBT) in Damascus, Syria.

Your personal information has been recieved, filed and documented for references. The deployment would be resheduled to a willing officer. Youre to remit the total sum of $984.68 USD Via money gram to our corresponding officer as Defender Approval Fees with the details below.

Name: James David Metcalf
City: Southport
State: North Carolina
Zip code: 28461

This approval would grants MSGT. Emre Matt a compassionate leave access in order to defend His deployment. kindly attach the proof of payment for confirmation.

Best Regards,

CPT. G Devin.

+14253212605 - VoIP number
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

info@kbp.premiumb.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 pm

The fake bank used in scam:

Victim note: The domain name is not correct and there are spelling mistakes and a false third party name added to the disclaimer.

Admin note: The real Kleinwort Benson changed it's name in 2016...

On Tuesday, 17 October 2017, Kleinwort Benson Private Bank <info@kbp.premiumb.co.uk> wrote:

Kleinwort Benson Private Bank.
Address: 14 St George Street,
London W1S 1FE, United Kingdom.
Tel: (+44) 745 203 8301
Fax: (+44) 745 203 8301
Email: info@kbp.premiumb.co.uk

Attention: xxx,

This is to acknowledged the receipt of your email. Our transfer monitoring department detected that you tried to transfer the sum of $70,000 USD from Emre Matt Miller account with us and your COST OF TRANSFER Charges hasn't been paid, In regards to this the COT refers to the "Cost Of Transferring" money into your designated account anywhere in the World. The COT (Cost of Transfer) is the service charges of this bank for you to have the legal right to use our "Online Facilities", this is also in accordance to the UK Banking System regulation and policies laid down by the FSA (Financial Services Authority). Therefore, the calculation for the charges of transfer was amounted to $2000.00 USD and it is payable to this bank before final transfer can be approved. In this regards, you are therefore required to make the payment of the sum of $2000.00 USD being the sum for the COST OF TRANSFER before the International transfer department can issue your COT Code to you.

NOTE: Due to very strict policies laid down by the British Banking Commission in regulation to the IMF monetary policies, we are unable to process the transfer by deducting the charges for your Cost of Transfer from the money in Antonio Brut account. These policies have been put in place to check previously experienced mishandling or misappropriation of money, so we are obligated to act inline with these policies. This is to further explain that the "COT" charges is your sole responsibility. Be warn that this bank will not tolerate or condone negligence on the part of any customer as we expect you to treat our correspondence to you with urgency and your transfer information including ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ACCOUNT PIN shouldn't be disclose to anyone. You are advice to treat this email urgent, considering the fact that your money is already in the process of transfer and get back to us for mode of payment.

Thank you for contacting Kleinwort Benson Private Bank.

Mr Danny Vogt
Operation Officers.

+447452038301
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Isle of Man
Original network provider* Manx Telecom
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: info©kbp.premiumb.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:45 pm

From Kleinwort Benson Private Bank - info©kbp.premiumb.co.uk, 17 Oct 2017

Kleinwort Benson Private Bank.
Address: 14 St George Street,
London W18 1FE. United Kingdom.
Tel: (+44) 745 203 8301
Fax: (+44) 745 203 8301
Email: info@kbp.premiumb.oo.uk

Attention: xxx

This is to acknowledged the receipt of your email and note money can‘t be transferred on instalment because of our bank policies. $50,000 is the minimum that can be transfered from Emne Matt Miller account.

Also due to very strict policies laid down by the British Banking Commission in regulation to the IMF monetary policies, we are unable to process the transfer by deducting the charges for your Cost of Transfer from the money in Emre Matt Miller account. We don't have a branch in xxx (victim's country), we‘ll suggest you make the payment through the military base in Sydney where Mr Emre Matt is stationed.

Kindly make payment to the Military Base secretary account below.

Bank name : suncorp
BSB : 484799
Account name: 029669248
Account name: Gloria Lampard

Send us proof of payment for confirmation and the COT code will be released to you.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: kbp.i.onlb.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 pm

The scammer used a fake site, impersonating a real bank to show the victim his so called account he need help to get money from.

The fake site uses the domain name kbp.i.onlb.co.uk, while pretending to be Kleinwort Benson Private Bank. The content of the site is stolen from another bank, no more active.

From the fake site used in scam:

Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Limited is an Authorised Institution under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) register number 204439

Contact details on the fake site:

You can e-mail the Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Group at: customercare@kbp.onlbk.co.uk
Please quote your customer reference number if you have one.
Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Limited,
United Kingdom
Head Office:
14 St George Street,
London W1S 1FE,
Tel: (+44) 701 294 5247
United Kingdom

+447012945247 - universal phone number

From the fake site onlb.co.uk details - https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=128054:

Registrant: Robert David
Registrant type: Non-UK Individual
Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 10-May-2017
Registrar: eNom LLC
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 10-May-2017
Expiry date: 10-May-2018
Last updated: 10-May-2017

This is what the fake site looks like:

kbp.PNG

And this is the login page to the fake bank - usually the victim receives a link to this page and the credentials needed to log in an check the fake account of the scammer:

loginpage.PNG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: premiumb.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:01 pm

A second fake site was used only for the email address - premiumb.co.uk.

From the fake site details - https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=128055:

Domain name: premiumb.co.uk
Registrant: robert cahill
Registrant type: UK Individual
Registrant's address:
5 liroy way
Casper
WY
United States
Registrar: eNom LLC
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-Nov-2014
Expiry date: 07-Nov-2018
Last updated: 26-Nov-2016

The name of the registrant was reported online between 2013 - 2017 while registering other fake banks and companies:

- gleneagles-my.com - pretending to be Gleneagles Hospital
- st-vincenthospital.com - pretending to be St Vincent's University Hospital
- tescofinbnk.com - pretending to be Tesco Bank
- i-rbi.in - prentending to be Reserve Bank of India
- santandergroups.co.uk - pretending to be Santander Bank
- securebn.co.uk - pretending to be GBNB Financial Group Limited
- ageomedicals.com - pretending to be Ageo Medical Equipments
- e-nets.co.uk - pretending to be The Cooperative Bank
- premieralliance.co.uk - pretending to be Premier Financial Alliance

The registrant address is reported since 2011 with different names and locations while being used to register other fake sites created to commit online frauds. For the rest of the fake sites operated by the same scam syndicate see viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62916.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.