Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

rayjawo@hotmail.com col/ ssgt John Raymond

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

rayjawo@hotmail.com col/ ssgt John Raymond

Unread postby activeduty » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Last edited by SlapHappy on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fix the pics. FF
activeduty
New survivor

Re: rayjawo@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello, activeduty,

welcome on our site. Do you have more details about this one? Where have you met him and what was his story? Has he asked you for money? Can you post them, please?

The pictures and the email adress are reported online for being used in scam activities, but without any scam proof connected with this email adress.

Right now, analyzing this email adress we can tell about this one just few things:

On Tagged, private profile
John R, 44
Louisville, KY

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: rayjawo@hotmail.com col/ ssgt John Raymond

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Example of letter send to the victim about payment for the travel allowance:

Dear Miss xxx,

I would like to seize this medium ascertain the fact that you have been contacted regarding this payment and you failed to respond to the E-mail.

You were contacted that the officer was meant to pay some diplomatic charges of £,4570 in total, even though he has sole responsibility to make this payment. However, the contractual obligation which you did undertake regarding the officer's leave to travel has made you liable to pay this fee.

As you may know, today is the last day for the payment and if by the end of closing hour the office has not received any standard verification of the payment, the charges will be pressed tomorrow the 30th of August 2012 after which you will receive a court appointment letter from the Labour Court of xxx in xxx.

Kind Regards.

The Army Financial Management (AFM)
1400 Defense Pentagon
Washington DC 20301-1400
United States Of America.
http:/ /www.mil-army.net
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby tishtash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

I think I've been contacted by this one via match.com, danray67 is his user name there. I don't have an email address as I use skype not yahoo messenger. I became suspicious when he said he wanted to meet, had obtained approval from his superior but there was a small problem, as it was classed as personal leave the military wouldn't cover it and he had no access to cash but would be able to get it to me 2 days into his leave. I googled the name John Raymond and scam which led to this site and I checked out the link with the photo's, one of themis deffinately one being used on the match website profile and another, similar to one posted ,he has put up on his skype profile. I'm afraid I did already report this to match.com as at that point last night I'd not read the recomendatons about not doing that.
tishtash
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks for joining and reporting this scammer, and I'm glad he did not scam you of cash.
Do you have his Skype ProfileID? right click on his name in skype, and click on right arrow on top. The profile ID name is at the bottom, with no spaces in the name.

Drop all contact with the scammer, and do not say another word to him.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby tishtash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

the skype ID is live:danray2004.

Initially he had his time zone set to Kabul but this has now changed to UK. During our first chat he asked if I'd ever dated a military man, seemed innocent enough at the time but with hindsight he was obviooulsy making sure I didn't now how the leave system worked. So easy to be conned with these people, easy to chat with, good sense of humor, good english, nothing to give away he might not be what he says.
tishtash
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:25 pm

tishtash,

the contact is just on Skype or he was using also one email address with you or one phone number? Can you post, please, all info you have about him? And also the pictures, if are not already posted here?
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby tishtash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:51 pm

we initially chatted via the match.com IM service and then swithced to skype, I don't use yahoo messenger so didn't get as far as an email address for him as no need at that point, nor do I have a phone number. The link posed above by activeduty has a whole bunch of photos and one is deffinately what he used on his match profile, the photo on skype is very simiar to another in that gallery, sorry I can't see how to copy it to here

I know you've suggested not responding to any futher contact but he's annoyed me now so if I can get an email or phone number from him I will and post it.
tishtash
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Best to leave the scammer alone. You do not want to mess with him using your real life details. ok? drop him.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Romance scams.