Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of Sgt.Maj. Raymond F. Chandler

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: chandlerreymond34@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Email:

As my wife i will want you to receive the money the paid me for my insurance benefit,you know that am currently in Kabul Afghanistan and you are the only one that will help me receive the sum of one million five hundred dollars insurance benefit in trust, as instructed by the United States Army. which by the nature of things trust that the money will be in safe hands with you as this serve as a complimentary for the long existed relationship between i and you.

Surprise,i wish to inform you that you are permitted to use part of the fund to get yourself a car pending my arrival from the camp.

Thanks in anticipation,i look forward to hearing from you my love.

Chandler Reymond

Return-Path: chandlerreymond34@gmail.com
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.152.179.226])
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

chandlerraymond34@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:14 am

On Zorpia:

Hi dear,
Greetings to you. how are you doing hope fine. Your profile picture looks great,I cherish it so much,well life is all about getting to know each other,so i believe we can mingle together,i love to meet a special friends with good understanding.I'm Ray, by name,I'm a nice and caring man with a pure heart, i have interest in you.I will like us to know each other for a better relationship,please what do you think.Here is my mail address chandlerraymond34gmil.com Feel free to write me or you can give me your mail so that i can send some of my photos to you when i'm free from work.

reymod
55, Deltona, Florida, United States
Last seen 13 hours ago
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: frankchandelar@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:22 am

Email:

Honey my love,

Thank you so much for your sweet mails, I don't know what to say but one thing I am 100% sure is that I have gotten a perfect Friend, a God sent, Prophetic Visionary Person, a woman that befit my statues.

I have trusted you and I believe you so I must tell you everything now.

Then regards to what I wants to tell you, actually I have about $2 Million Dollars here in a security company and this money we made it from the big amount of money i get from job and stay here and now that you are very close to me and i have decided I want to move this money by diplomatic immunity courier service to you so that you can save and keep the money for me until i come to meet you in you Australia soon because now I have less time to stay here.

Since I am still working for the government I cannot keep these money and cannot send it to Australia for time being so I just want you to act as my next of kin to receive it in Australia and if I fail to move this money out before I leave this country I will lose it.

When you receive the money you can take $500,000 dollars for your personal use or donate to the poor and keep the remaining for me until I come to see you and you can put it in your account or save box in the bank.

I assure you that this transaction is risk free and its success is 100% guaranteed.

As you know because of the war here in Kabul is not possible to transfer money out by bank transfer because the banking policy is so difficult and strict so I will only send the money to you by diplomatic immunity courier delivery as parcel so that you will receive it cash in the Australia.

As I said above, it is not possible to transfer the money from here because the banking policy here is so strict and difficult because of the war and as you know I am still serving the Government and that makes it more difficult even if I have access to send it by bank transfer.

To move the money all you need to do now is to send me your full name and address, your mobile number so that I can finish the arrangement here and move the money to you in the Australia.

Honey this matter is my life and can end my beautiful career so you must keep it top secret and nobody should know about it only me and you.

I wait for your reply and your full information's.

I love you forever my darling and God bless you always my

sweet darling!!!!!

Regards,
Frank.

Return-Path: frankchandelar@yahoo.co.uk
Received: from [114.79.13.124]
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/799 YahooMailWebService/0.8.203.696
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014

Originating IP: 114.79.13.124
Originating ISP: Pt. Wireless Indonesia
City: Jakarta
Country of Origin: Indonesia
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: stolen photos of Sgt.Maj. Raymond F. Chandler

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:56 am

Media article posted in 2015 by Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/lo ... story.html

Love a man in uniform? Online dating scammers hope so.

February 25, 2015
Despite being happily married for 13 years, Ray Chandler is one of the world’s most eligible bachelors.

Single women can find him on the dating site DateMeMateMe.com, where he confesses to being, “Very new to this dating thing and am looking to see where this takes me.” At fish meet fish.com, under the username RealChandler, he explains, “I would love my first date to be something special.”

At GirlsDateforFree.com, Chandler describes himself as being 6-2 and weighing 158 pounds. At AdultSingles.com he is 5-11 and weighs a worrisome 85 pounds.

He is on Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook, where as recently as last week a Kentucky woman named Lois had posted a note: “Hi baby just calling to see what you was doing.”

Literally hundreds of dating profiles and social media accounts are illustrated with photographs of the same handsome, salt-and-pepper-haired military man.

It was just such a picture that a reader of mine I’m calling Dede responded to when she saw it on Match.com in August. As I outlined in two previous columns, Dede communicated via e-mail and text message for five months with a person who went by the name Mark Handle before he asked her for $3,000 to ship a box of diamonds from London. Only then did she realize she was being scammed.

By doing a reverse image search, I found the real person in the photo: Raymond Chandler III, who recently stepped down as sergeant major of the Army. When I sent Dede a link to Chandler’s official Defense Department bio, she messaged back: “OMG! That is him! Does this guy know that someone is using his ID?”

Does he ever. And he’s none too happy about it. Neither is his wife.

“The fact that people decided to use my image for their own personal gain, it felt like I was violated,” Chandler told me last week.

He’s a high-profile example of the military romance scheme, where West Africa-based scammers scour Pentagon Web sites, Facebook pages and other social media accounts to harvest photographs of troops. Using the images — and, often, real biographical information — they create fictitious profiles and prey on women.

“I’ve talked to people who’ve given up to $70,000 and never met the person,” said Chris Grey of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID).

Although these cases do not involve CID — military personnel are not the scammers or the victims — Grey has taken it upon himself to spread the word. “I’m a retired Marine,” he said. “I don’t want people to think a fellow service person is scamming them out of money.”

The scammers typically work in teams and have different ways to extract their filthy lucre. Some, like Dede’s, ask for money to ship something. Others tell their victims they desperately want to meet in person but must pay to go on leave. Grey has posted online dozens of examples of fake documents used by scammers, including a “Fiance Request Form” with a “registration fee” of $350.

Photos of senior Army leaders have proved so popular that the Army’s public affairs office monitors misuse.

“They pop up in the 20s per day, usually with Facebook,” Master Sgt. Michelle Johnson said.

Some victims have a tough time accepting that they’ve been scammed.

Said Grey: “It’s really sad, because once you tell them this person has no idea their picture’s been taken, they still want to talk to that person. They’re emotionally attached to the thought of being in love.”

Some are convinced they’ve been scammed by the person in the photograph. Chandler said a woman in Poland went so far as to find the address of one of his adult sons and send an irate letter.

“We got the Army G-2 intelligence folks to get in contact with the Polish Embassy,” Chandler said. “They had to go physically to her and tell her to stop.”

Chandler said he was concerned because at the time he was on the hit list of an al-Qaeda splinter group. If a brokenhearted Polish woman could find his son, well, that was worrying.

Said Chandler’s wife, Jeanne: “We heard about one lady, the guy was impersonating Gen. [David H.] Petraeus. She sold her house because she was going to go live in the general’s house and sent the scammer the money.”

While her husband served as sergeant major of the Army, Jeanne became adept at finding fake accounts. She would punch in a few search terms, see what popped up and then try to get the bogus pages taken down.

“It was satisfying in that I knew there would be a result, so that scammer’s not victimizing anybody,” she said. “It was like being a private eye.”

But like a pernicious weed, every time an account is closed, more spring up in its place.

I sent Jeanne the photographs that Dede’s scammer had sent her. Some were taken from Army Web sites, others from an official Facebook page. One had Chandler’s head crudely Photoshopped on a different body. “My husband would never wear jeans with loafers and no socks,” Jeanne said.

The real Sgt. Maj. Chandler and the real Mrs. Chandler have a blended family, with six children and 12 grandchildren between them.

How did the couple meet? “I met him at the luggage carousel at the Shreveport airport,” Jeanne said.

That method might not work for everybody. If you’re involved with online dating, remember: Be suspicious, be vigilant, be careful. And never — never — send anyone money.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Fredchandler549@gmail.com

Unread postby Big Al » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:22 pm

Submitted On: 2021-02-24 06:25:56

What name did the scammer use?: Fred chandler (sergeant major Raymond f chandler)
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Facebook
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: Fredchandler549@gmail.com
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?: 9035465451

Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : My aunt has been talking to this scammer for 8 months. I'm not sure how she came across him initially. She asked me to check him out and within 3 minutes I knew he was a scam.
He said his birthday is 8-6-62.

Information from provided screenshots:
Birthday: Aug 6, 1962
Fred Chandler From Texas
Army Sergeant Major
+19035465451
Fredchandler549@gmail.com

Stolen images used:

Phone: +19035465451
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Tom Bean, TX
Original network provider* Frontier Southwest Inc Dba Frontier Comm Of Texas
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Previous

Return to Romance scams.