Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Useful software and sites.

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Glad we were able to help. Remember to share the scammer's details here too, so others can be warned and possibly saved from falling for the same thing you've been through.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Socalscammed » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Done (form details) and it looks like "she" has been busy with another post as well

Would welcome community's thoughts on digital forensic companies and utility. I am really skeptical, especially if one believes that this is a number game for them and after being told no they just move on. But would love to hear both good and bad from those that used in case i should rethink my initial.position. i do NOT like checking email every 10 minutes to see if "she" followed through.
Socalscammed
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Socalscammed,

If you read our steps after filling the form, you may have seen that we recommend NOT using the same email as you did with the scammer, but a new one. Scammers can and do put trackers or return receipts on threatening emails, so if they are opened, BAM!, they know that you are looking and they will continue to threaten you.

Also, no need to check the new email every 10 minutes, as you DID set Google alerts to let you know if something should pop up, right? The steps are all there for a very good reason. You need to follow them to the letter.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Socalscammed » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes. Sadly their google skills are up to snuff, i have a public email that really cant be changed (easily) so they know where to find me. BUt 72 hours in and no contact after block skype and disabling facebool I am assuming that the effort to go after me furtheris nil.
Also thanks for advice on the other matter.
Socalscammed
New survivor

Unread postby Mocvrz00 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:44 am

It’s been 3 days after incident (story simmilar to all of u) no contact from them after I deleted fb, Instagram, all mails, formatted my pc and phone, unfortunately I found this site after 6h of talking with them promising them I’ll pay I didn’t know what to do and was scared af and I pissed scammer to the point he shared video with me to one person, after panic attack, two nights in a row without slepping im starting to feel a little bit better (IM GLAD I DIDNT PAY) but still I feel anxious, ashemed and uneasy (even tho that person who get that video was supportive and helped me) my whole life I’ve been obsessed about “numbers” at Instagram, about opinion of me, that’s probably issue of my pretty young age (20) now I can see how stupid kid I was and because of this site and stories of u all Im trying to move on and not think about it at all. Yesterday I’ve go out from home and went to a party with my friends and I’m trying to forget about it all and still have normal social life I talked with my most trusted friends and with my family about it and that was also a big help. I’m planning to go to the therapist to get my shit together and just live and I’m also planning Donete ur site because of ur help and reading all these stories I’m becoming survivor. and I must ask, is there an any chance that they’ll find me and threat again? Should I change my number too? (History of scam Omegle-Instagram-hangsout)

(Sorry for bad grammar, English isn’t my native language)
Mocvrz00
New survivor

Unread postby Mocvrz00 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:59 am

After I calmed down I also put a relation on Snapchat (should I delete account on Snapchat to?) that I was scammed and hacked (without details) and if someone get something then should immediately block them and not see what that massage contain idk if it was good decisions but I was trying minimize damage of my reputation.
Mocvrz00
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:07 pm

This link takes you to everything you want to know about blackmail scams/sextortion. Also there you will see a scammer details form, so you can help warn others about the scammer. Please fill it out, and then you will receive the detailed steps need to protect yourself and others from the scammer.

Yes, change your number, and delete your snapchat account, too, along with everything else for a month.
Then, he should have real trouble finding you, and will most likely just give up.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SS1001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:03 pm

Hello,

Thank you to all the admins, helping out with all the survivors. I have filled out the blackmail forum last week, and its good to know people have viewed them. So far it has been about 10 days with no direct contact, and he has not contacted my family and friends on FB. Nor any google alerts about my video. FB either deleted his account or he deactivated within 24-48 hours of reporting him posting video in a group message the day of the scam. Instagram is still running. I am abiding by the all the steps. I have read on earlier post on this forum that scammers usually don't keep the video for long term. My scammer is from the Philippines, do they tend to delete videos as well? Thank you.
SS1001
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:55 pm

The short answer is, "Yes."
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

PreviousNext

Return to Resources.