Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby Giftyo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Slap Happy,
Thank you for your generous help. These are words of comfort for me. I read it a few times now, whenever I needed calming. And it is effective, because I have not read much on this forum about malware links.

Now I will print your comment on the paper and I will keep it with me a few days :)

Once again, thank you for all the work we're doing here
Giftyo
Junior survivor

Unread postby denenriquez » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Before i found your site and read all the great informations here, I was really confused, shaken and vulnerable. All the informations i have read and learned, made me a stronger person and able to face my scammer. I now deactivated my fb and Skype account and blocked the scammer. Your message here Slap Happy was brilliant, It gave us the reassurance and support during those trying times. It is a bad and negative experience for me but I'll convert this to positive and hope to educate my friends about keeping safe online. Keep up the good work to all admin....
denenriquez
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:44 am

For all the blackmail scam/sextortion survivors who indicated to us that they would be interested in talking about the scam with the media in order to help bring exposure and education to others, we have an opportunity for you right now.

Please read this post:
Looking for Sextortion Victims for TV Documentary
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41943

For those serious about doing an interview with them, please contact our administrator, Wayne.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Bluesea » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello to every one.
I just want to say with this post thank you every body who shared their experience here. Your stories had helped me a lot and now i can see that i'm not alone. I think that i'm ready to continue with my life and now i can say that i'm a survivor and that now i'm a stronger and wiser person.
Thank you again to all of you, specially to wayne and slaphappy. You are the best.
And for another side let me say to the people who are suffering it now that there are life after of the scam. Follow the step and you will be fine. Good luck to every body and thank you again.
Bluesea
New survivor

Unread postby Bluesea » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:50 pm

I have to share with you something that it works for me and i hope that it can help you. Take a paper and write your experience on it. When you finish of write your history and anything that you need to write, then break the paper, do with it confeti and throw out to the trust.
I hope that it works for you too. And sorry for my bad english but i'm not native.
Bluesea
New survivor

Unread postby stupidwy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:51 pm

Thank you wayne, slaphappy, firefly & ruffled feathers.

Closure? when will this all end? I have really no idea. The scam has just happened to me which I have never thought that I will be victim. I was really scared, panicked, shaken, worried, even there's a moment I wanted to end my life. I don't have the courage to see the world if the blackmailed video goes around. I have prayed to God before tried to suicide, I believed that HE really listened to my prayers, and led me to google, then scamsurvivors. This site gave me a light in the darkness, a hope for me to move on. Especially slaphappy's post, thank you so much for the post.

I have followed every steps that have to be done, no missed. Everything seems fine now, video doesn't appeared, no calls, no post. However, my wonders never gone. But with the reassurance from the kind people here, I believed I can get better soon, I will try to be strong and take the journey towards the recovery. Time is the greatest healer.

Thank you all to be with me at the hopeless moment. We will recover, We can move on, and We will survived.
stupidwy
New survivor

Unread postby Shamrock1004 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm two days out from my experience. Yesterday was a mostly peaceful day, although I still feel guilty over falling for this. I did speak with a trusted friend who provided great support and reassured me that while not everyone finds themselves in this type of situation, everyone has moments of weakness where they do something that could have disastrous results (or at least feel like it). I'm just going to feel stupid for a while.

Today has been a bit different, however. After a quiet morning, the recent events began re-playing in my mind and it hit me. When I called the police Friday night, I told the officer filing the report that I had been m***urbating over a Skype chat. I exposed myself to another person. The scammer did tell me they were 27. Their Skype profile even said so. However, after this realization I began to feel anxious. What if I broke the law by doing so, and now the police have me on record admitting it. Am I going to be in some sort of legal trouble?

I kept my composure and took to the Internet. So far from what I've gathered, I haven't broken any laws (I live in the U.S. btw). If I had, I think I would have been contacted by the authorities by now. It still has me feeling "on edge" though. I also still have a lingering fear that my scammer did send the video to someone. I know they most likely didn't as no one I've confided in has received anything. I return to work tomorrow and I hope all will be well.
Shamrock1004
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:27 pm

You did not commit any crime. The scammer did. And since they are also a MAN behind the camera, it matters not what any online profile says, unless they said they were a minor beforehand, which is not the case. If you did all the steps and stick to them, the odds are well in your favor that the scammer will do nothing more..
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Shamrock1004 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 pm

Thank you for the words of encouragement, SlapHappy. I am moving on from this and will be able to fully leave it behind at some point. However, this was such a bad scare that it's going to take some time before I feel like I can relax.
Shamrock1004
New survivor

Unread postby krush829 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:59 am

Thank-you to everyone here and the support!

I just recently been, I should say almost scammed.

If not for the guidelines created by wonderful people and the internet leading me here I would be drown in my own misery. I did go and report it to the police and hopefully it will go somewhere I also did fill out the forum requested from this site as well.

Because of everyone here my night has been a bit at ease.

Listened learned no more how lonely never do an app date and or cam's :/

Thank-you again everyone!
krush829
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Scammer 419 emails.