Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

mappjimmy@yahoo.com - singlesexy172@gmail.com

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

mappjimmy@yahoo.com - singlesexy172@gmail.com

Unread postby cheshire83 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 am

So back in January I received an email from a Jimmy Mapp (singlesexy172@gmail.com / mappjimmy@yahoo.com) though my graphic design business email. It read as following:

Morning Sir/Ma,

How are you doing today?

This is Jimmy Mapp co founder of Life is Precious a small orphanage home.
I need a creative and stand out web and banner designer.
Get back to me if you are available to start a designing work this week.
Awaits your response soonest.

Warm Regards.
Jimmy.

Naturally I got excited. This was my first client. I had no idea where they had come from, or why they would want me of all people to be the one to do their design for them. But why would I complain? This was work!

So I emailed him back, asking the basic questions one might expect a graphic designer to ask, (is their a logo already? etc) I also asked how he got my contact information. After all, if that worked then maybe I should put more focus on that particular avenue.
He never answered those questions.
Okay that's fine. He did give a colour scheme and size for the banner (green and cream, and 10 x 5 feet). I sent him some font swatches (three in total) to see if any were suitable for the project. Once again, no response to that. But the next email he asked for a price. I quoted him a price for 3 proofs with any needed adjustments and the billing address (in retrospect the last part may have been my one big mistake. However, at that point they in my mind were a paying client).

The next day, I get this:

"How are you and your family doing today and I want to let you know that I got a mail from one of my sponsor that the check has been mail out to you which you will get this by this new week but there is a mistake with the amount on it he issue more than the price you quoted,when you receive the check i will like you to go ahead and deposit the check and when your account has been credited i will provide you with details where you will return the difference to and the extra fund is needed to provide shelter and drug for less privilege kids and organize seminar about the STD/AIDS program"

Now before this there was already one red flag I hadn't mentioned, and over looked at the time. The addresses given to me for on the banner. One was on Torrington Drive in Halifax, NS. The other was on Lankark St, Canoga Park, CA. Something seemed off but I didn't know what. Then I got that email and it all seemed off.

Sure enough, today I found both those emails on a list of scam emails in another spot of the internet. Fortunately I never did the work (I have policies about payment and work; I ask for a percentage on the top. He never gave me a chance to breach that topic before pulling the "we sent too much" thing.)

I also learned about the "overpayment scam" from this site today. Everything clicked.

This was a project that I would have loved to have worked on, had it been legit. That is what actually makes me mad about this situation. It's not that somebody tried to scam me. My spidysense tingled and I was right. No, what makes me mad (and it takes a lot to make me actually mad) is that they would dare pretend like they are helping orphans and underprivileged children with no place to go.
If you want to try to take advantage of me, that is one thing. But this was a slap in the face of any kid who actually needs the kind of help these crooks are claiming to provide.
cheshire83
New survivor

Re: its not the scam that makes me mad (an overpayment story

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 am

Well done for spotting it's a scam. Unfortunately scammers will use disasters/deaths/diseases as part of their scams. One of my very first scams was using noma as their selling point. "Send us $1000 and we can do the surgery to rebuild a child's face". It's ugly, but there's not much we can do except get the word out.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby HillBilly » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 am

cheshire83 wrote:My spidysense tingled and I was right. No, what makes me mad (and it takes a lot to make me actually mad) is that they would dare pretend like they are helping orphans and underprivileged children with no place to go.
If you want to try to take advantage of me, that is one thing. But this was a slap in the face of any kid who actually needs the kind of help these crooks are claiming to provide.

Congrats on the spidey-senses working!! Many seem to forget about them, and that is why the scammers get away with it.

They are spineless creatures that will lie about the color of the sky and sun if they think it will make them money. They don't care about anyone but themselves, and don't even have a conscience about how they steal.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby nikkib » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Thank you for posting this; a Google search gave me exactly what I needed to see before responding. I just got an email from mappjimmy@yahoo.com too. What is also odd about it is the original email "From" is a creative web site with which I'm registered. So, it was sent via that site. Here is the email, for your information:

Am Jimmy and i saw your profile and i believe you can help me with my document that need proofreading an editing.
Get back to me if you are available for details and i will like to know how much you charge per page or words.

I will be waiting for your favorable answer.

Regards.

Makes me wonder, what is there to gain on their end?
nikkib
New survivor

Re: mappjimmy@yahoo.com - singlesexy172@gmail.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:57 pm

He will let you work on his "page," then send you a fake check for more than the amount agreed to, many hundreds or thousands more. He will tell you cash it, take your fee from it, and send the excess to him or someone else he names via Western Union or MoneyGram. Thus, you launder the fake check, send money from your account to the scammer, and you also get stuck wth the full value of the check. A Double-Wammy.

Drop him cold, say nothing to him. Post any emails from him that you have gotten already, and any other details that you have of his.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby nikkib » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Update from reporting the spam email to the Creative web site:
Thank you so much for your email. While people can contact you through your Creative Hotlist account it appears that the email you received may be spam and we have put that account on hold.

Customer Service
Creative Hotlist
nikkib
New survivor

Unread postby jb1942 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

I recently created my new designer email. The only place it is visible is on AIGA.com. I received this email on the 12th of August 2014.

Hello,
I read your profile and i like it so i need your services as a graphics designer get back to if you have availability for details.

Warms regards.
---------------------------------

So I emailed it back almost 3 weeks later! Way too long for this next responses first sentence.

--------------------

>> Hello,
>> Thanks for you swift response and we are making the banner to create awareness,it's a newly open orphanage home
>> Here are the details that is going to be on the banner business name Life's Good.
>> Both of the address below.
>> We can print it locally if you can just do the design.
>> Size is 10 Feet by 5 Feet in rectangle shape.
>> The color will be Lemon and Black...Background will be Black and font will be Lemon
>> I want it back in 28 days and let me know the total cost.
>> Slogan will be on the banner which every child deserve a second chance.
>> No need of Company Logo
>> I want the illustration of children on the banner because i don't want it to be a plain text so let me know the total cost.
>>
>> 6619 Grayson Springs Rd.
>> Clarkson, KY 42726
>> USA.
>>
>> 494 Rimilton Ave.
>> Toronto On M8W 2H5
>> Canada.
>>
>> Am ready to send a deposit of 50% so you can start and payment will be through check.Awaits your favorable response.
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> Jim
-----------------------------------------

I was pumped for a split second then my instinct of trust no one took over. I googled the address and one of which was in the middle of a field in KY. Then I googled the email and found this post. So thanks for posting this or I would of had to email them a few more times to understand it was a scam.
jb1942
New survivor

Jim Vali Scam

Unread postby BBQ » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:06 am

Jimmy Mapp now goes by Jim Vali and is still doing the same scam. I always receive emails about out of state design jobs, so I never thought anything of it. However, I knew something was fishy when he didn't want to talk on the phone. Everyone wants to talk on the phone, so for you newbie freelancers, always consult over the phone before taking the next step. What a piece of shit.

jim_vali@yahoo.com is a scammer!!!!
BBQ
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:20 am

BBQ, can you post your scammers' emails to you here for us?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Lama » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 pm

I received this today...

Hello,
Thanks for you swift response and we are making the banner to create awareness,it's a newly open orphanage home and the website is under construction.
Here are the details that is going to be on the banner business name Life's Good.
Both of the address below.
We can print it locally if you can just do the design.
Size is 10 Feet by 5 Feet in rectangle shape.
The color will be Lemon and Black...Background will be Black and font will be Lemon
I want it back in 28 days and let me know the total cost.
Slogan will be on the banner which every child deserves a second chance.
No need of company Logo

6619 Grayson Springs Rd.
Clarkson, KY 42726
USA.

494 Rimilton Ave.
Toronto On M8W 2H5
Canada.

Am ready to send a deposit of 50% so you can start and payment will be through check.Awaits your favorable response.

Warm Regards,
Hick.

The address in KY is in the middle of no where. I'm waiting for HICK to answer some questions for me, which i doubt he will. The email I received is:

lloydhicks5@gmail.com
Lama
New survivor

Next

Return to Scammer 419 emails.