Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Sara Ventura - sara.luca33 on Chatroulette

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Blackmailed via Chatroulette

Unread postby GinTon » Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi there,

Yesterday I was blackmailed. The same process as you describe in most of the topics.

It just defers in a couple of things I would like to ask you.
When they were threatening me, I told them where could I go to pay them (we were talking about Western Union). They sent me a link with the adress of my closest office of Wester Union. The link was from a web called: pinoy-ofw.com . I clicked that link and I got there the adress. They also sent me links of the westernunion web. And I also clicked a link to youtube where they would have post my video.

I finally never payed them and I cut all the possible connections with the scammer. But now I am asking me a question. Can this links they sent me, be some kind of hack process or another way of scam? They were normal links they sent via Skype and they redirected me to youtube, westernunion and pinoy-ofw but I am afraid now after thinking this.

After two or three hours of the first conversation, and with no answers from my part, they told me they would post my video on fb, and to f*ck my money and me. After 24 hours, I have no news of them and anything has been posted.

The other thing that defers of what I have read, is that after those 3 or 4 hours without answering them, they directly erased me from their skype, as I saw their user with pending approval. Isn´t this strange?

Can you help me? I am worried about my situation.

Thank you very much, this web is great and has been really helpful for me.
GinTon
New survivor

Re: Blackmailed via Chatroulette

Unread postby firefly » Sun May 05, 2013 4:35 pm

GinTon,

sorry to hear you were blackmailed.

The main answers about this type of scam are here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580.

The link on Youtube shows you the scammer stored the video online. Is not hacking. If they want to hack your computer they use a picture or a .doc file and those need to be downloaded on your computer. And if the video is deleted online - is gone, most of those scammers dont do backups with the chat-logs or videos.

Can you share with us the details about the scammer, please? Facebook profile, username on skype, pictures used, other info if you have? Those elements may save other potential victims before to be too late.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby GinTon » Sun May 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Hey,

Thank you for the answer. Here are the details.

Facebook: Maria.steamer71 (I reported her before reading this forum, sorry)

Thats the info I have. If you look in skype, you can look at her photo.

-------

Then, just one question. Should I be calm if I haven´t opened any file, just the links? Or should I format my computer?

Thanks again
GinTon
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun May 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Run a check on your system to be sure.

The scammer used same images like those ones reported here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3437?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby GinTon » Sun May 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Yes, those are the images. And the conversation of Skype is exactly the same. Its the same scammer.

I feel more relaxed now, as I see that other people had gone through the same, and nothing happened and no video were posted.

Thank you all
GinTon
New survivor

Re: Sara Ventura - sara.luca33

Unread postby GinTon » Sun May 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Hey there,

One question. I currently work and videochat with my family via Skype. I have already blocked the person who scammed me, but should I delete my account an create another one? Can they look what I am doing with my skype or do I have any risk keeping my account and using it everyday?

Thanks
GinTon
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 pm

If you block them, they can't see your activity. If it makes you feel more secure, then by all means make a new acocunt. It's not essential tho, just so long as you've blocked them.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby GinTon » Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm

An what about that stories I have read that they hack your cam and see what you are doing?? its that possible?

Thanks again
GinTon
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 pm

It does happen, but not with these scammers. It's like expecting a pickpocket to rob Fort Knox.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby amarok » Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 am

hi firefly,

well, no one asked me for money. But it was a person I met on Omegle/chatroulete using the same photo i had experienced before. I asked for a FB profile and got it fairly quickly. If you look at the profile itself it has the same "signature" as previous ones reg. interests, closed friend list etc...
amarok
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com