Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com

Scammers that pretend to be in a refugee camp, usually in Senegal.

liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com

Unread postby Greendog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 pm

I got this reply today am I being scammed

Att: Mr. xxx,

We are contacting you regarding the final remittance of funds inherited by Mis Joy Johnson by her late father who is our decease customer to you as the appointed beneficiary and repesentatives. Your partner has applied for the required documents for the legitmate transfer of funds to your account, In this regard the said documents shall be ready tomorrow Afternoon and we shall get back to you for further procedures.

Thanks for your co-operations.

Dr. Liby Guillaume.
Director/CEO UBA COTE D'IVOIR
Tel/Fax +225-20-31-22-26
Mobile: +225-66-12-34-98
Mobile: +225-46-17-24-66
Email liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com
!
Greendog
New survivor

Re: liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:02 am

Scam,...
Is the "reply to" E-mail address different from the one you have posted above? I think your Scammer is Spoofing a legitimate UBA E-mail account. I'll ask some better website people than me about it. Maybe it needs killing.

ETA: Phone Number: +22566123498
Google results show it being used for scams all the way back to 2012.

Tel/Fax Number +22520312226
Google's back to another scammer posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13326&p=37253
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Greendog » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:59 am

The reply email address is the same as what's on the email strangely
Greendog
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 am

Greendog,
According to my sources, it's a legitimate UBA account. So it's probably been hacked if the reply to address is exactly the same as the from address. They will often spoof it by adding a letter in the reply to address. Can you post a copy of the E-mail header deleting any of your personal information? I'll need it when I see if I can contact UBA and tell them it may be compromised and to secure it.

Also, I think it would be a good idea for this exchange to be taken from this thread to a thread of it's own down in the "Am I being Scammed" forum. It'll probably get moved after your next reply.
BA
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Definitely a scam. I can tell from the opening sentence.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

entsierose@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:19 pm

The emails are part from a refugee scam. Email address used by the original scammer: entsierose@yahoo.com. The scammer contacted the victim on Facebook.

Online profile reported online since 2013 with the same email address - http://www.taglisted.nl/t3903-my-name-is-jasmin-rose:

Return-Path: -emmanuelle.farrugia@yahoo.fr>
Reply to - entsierose@yahoo.com
2013/3/2 Miss Jasmin Rose - jasmin.rose10@rediffmail.com

my name is jasmin rose
i am a US citizen, born in NEW york year 1984,
i arrived in ivory coast after the funeral ceremony of my late mother mrs jasmin Rodriquez,
she died after a heart problem in newyork,before her death, she told me about her bussiness here in ivory coast and also about the money she deposited in the united bank ivory coast which is a sum of 950.000 us dollars the money was deposited with my name as the next of kin and i have the documents here with me, after 9 months of her burriel i have to come down here so that i can transfer the money abroad where i can use it to start my own bussines,

i have choosen to contact you after praying and i beleive you will help me transfer this money to your
account in your country to enable me come over there and start the boutique for selling of all kinds of
wear and jewelries,i have to follow up in this bussiness because that was the line she(my late mother) did when she was here,

i have meet with the bank manager after my arrival and he insist that i must present a beneficiary who will receive the money abroad and also i can not transfer the money back to new york as my mother never agreed to that when she was alife,that is the more reasoon why i contact you so that you can stand in for me to help transfer the money,although i have made up my mind to relocate because i have suffered so many attack since after the funeral of my mother, i even managed to excape and come over here because i am the only child of my parents and my father died already when i was 12 years old,

please i will require your commitment and sincerity to make sure that the bank transfered the money as soon as possible just like your own daughter or sister or wife to enable me move away from the hotel where i have stayed,

in your respond i will like to have some details about you like
your full name
your occupation
your house address
and your id card copy

i will send you some of my pictures and my passport copy so that we can know each other better,
thank you for your kind attention and i want you to know that after the money is transfered to your account I will give you
20 % of the 950.000 us dollars for your assistance and more while i use the remaining to start a new life over there and be free from embarracement of the
street boy and criminal who have been over me for some time now;
please respond to my email address entsierose@yahoo.com
may God bless you as i wait to hear from you
yours dearest
jasmin

The email address is active on Zorpia:

NAOMI
24, Abidjan, Cote d'ivoire
Looking for a friend, a date or a relationship with a man
aged 45‑50, in United Arab Emirates.

naomi.jpg
- stolen picture of Lana Brooke, see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=484.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Date: 16 September 2014 17:21:05 BST
To:
Cc: entsierose@yahoo.com
Subject: Att: Mr. xxx
Reply-To: liby.guillaume@groupmail.com

Att: Mr. xxx, United bank for africa has recieved the aformationed documents from CABINET FOLQUET DIALLO ABIDJAN copies are attached to you on this mail, Now the bank has confirmed you to be the legal beneficiary of sum $1.3 million dollars. And shall remit the sum to your account after the meetings of the board execultives tomorrow. On the meeting they will put a date and time of the transfer to take effect to your account, meanwhile we shall request for your banking details at the earliest. There is a form attached to this mail you are required to fill the form and return it back to us tomorrow through E-mail attachement. Thanks for your co-operations. Dr. Liby Guillaume. Director/CEO UBA COTE D'IVOIR Tel/Fax +225-20-31-22-26 Mobile: +225-66-12-34-98 Mobile: +225-46-17-24-66 Email liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com Website: www. ubagroup.com

Fake documents used in scam:

AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM.jpg

MONEY LANDERING CERT..jpg

POWER OF ATTORNEY.jpg

UBA International wire Transfer Form.jpg
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

liby.guillaume@groupmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Email:

Date: 17 September 2014 10:46:25 BST
To: xxx
Subject: Att: Mr. xxx
Reply-To: liby.guillaume@groupmail.com

Att: Mr. xxx,

What you recieved was an automatic respons from Nigeria costumer contraction center, even if you contact them a million times the reply is still the same But i wonder why contacted Nigeria UBA instead of Ivory Coast UBA that is dealing with you? Did your partner told you that her fathers funds is deposited Nigeria? Do you have a doubt in dealing with us? and why should you be?. If you ignor the UBA CI and contact other branch in another country what do you expect from them?. This is a transaction of huge sum, you and your partner should have build trust before getting the bank involve. UBA is never in any way engage in internet fraud infact if you get any information about ilegal activities you are free to report such person using the Fraud alart on the site http:/ /www. ubagroup.com. Also any email contacted you outside @ubagroup.com may be imposters so you have nothing to worry about you are in safe hands. Try to fill out the form sent to you at the earliest, i will get back to you once we recieve the form filled from you.

Lastly i am not suppose to be writing you regarding this transaction, but i decieded to make some clarifications to you, starting from now the remittance department will be contacting you for the ownward transfer.In case you need my attention you can call me both phone and email.

Best regard.

Dr. Liby Guillaume.
Director/CEO UBA COTE D'IVOIR
Tel/Fax +225-20-31-22-26
Mobile: +225-66-12-34-98
Mobile: +225-46-17-24-66
Email liby.guillaume@ubagroup.com
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

petergreene@lawyer.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Email:

Date: 11 September 2014
To:
Subject: Re: Fwd: Joy Johnson

United Bank For Africa
Agence Centrale,
Boulevard Botreau-Roussel
Plateau, Abidjan Cote Divoire
OUR REF : UBA/ABA/CI /049/0I
(00225) 67 30 42 97
remitance_ubabankci@accountant.com

Ref: Wire Transfer:- Date: 11/09/ 2014

Attention Mr xxx

We have received your massage and also the confirmation of partnetrship between you and Miss Joy Johnson for the claim and transfering of her inheritance and late father's deposit funds with United Bank for Africa. According to our E-General computer system, “UBA” Cote Divoire has verified and confirm to you on this date the existence of fund worth $1.300,000.00 (One million three hundred thousand USA dollars) deposited by late Mr. Johnson Ramatulahi.

We request you to send to us a copy of your passport or any valid ID card or drivers licence.
your bank account information is required also as specified in the application form that is attached in this mail. print out the form, fill the bank data needed and send back to us through attachment in this email.

Secondly,We shall need the follow authorization documents from the Government of this State Abidjan Cote Divoire to permit this bank to remitting such huge sum out of this country to your account without any problem from our government and your government. Therefore the following legal documents should be optained on your names as the appointed beneficiary and representative.

(1) A POWER OF ATTORNEY.
(2) AN AFFIDAVIT OF OATH.
(3) A MONEY LAUNDERING CERTIFICATE.

Take Note!!! All these documents must be obtained from the ministry of justice of this country Cote Divoire not in your country and It must be signed by the Chief Probate Officer on your names as the appointed Beneficiary and Representative. These documents are needed to protect the interest of United Bank for Africa, Your interest, and your partner after the claims of the fund from our bank. Without these legal documents the bank will not proceed futher on this transaction.

The transfer will be made to any available account you provide(in the bank transfer application form that is attached to this email) after all legal procedures are been carried out as related to UBA foreign remittance regulatory. Now you have to consult the United Bank for Africa Accredited Lawyer to represent you at the State ministry of justice of this country to obtain the above legal documents on your names as the Appointed Beneficiary and Representative to enable the Bank to proceed further with this transaction.

Here are the contact details of the UBA Accredited Lawyer
Name.. Barrister Peter Greene Esq
cheif Advocate and consultant of AB LAW CHAMBERS ABIDJAN
Address: immeuble "les acacias",
Abidjan 01 B.P. V127, Cote Divoire
TEL: +22544462421
Email: petergreene@lawyer.com

Contact him immedately and seek for his service to obtain those documents on your behalf at the State ministry of justice.
Remember without these 3 legal documents UBA bank will never proceed further on this transaction.
As soon as we receive the documents from the lawyer as well as your bank details that you will provide
in the uba application form that is attached to this mail, we shall perform the transfer without delay.

Best regard,
Mr.Haladima Yusuf
Managing Director E.W.T.T.Foreign Remittance Department
Global Division United Bank for Africa Abidjan Cote D'ivoire.

...Africa’s global bank

United Bank For Africa welcomes you to its new corporate website, which coincides with the group’s new "corporate logo and brand identity. Our new logo embodies the history of United Bank for Africa as a "pioneering institution. The stylized ‘UBA’ symbolizes a ‘touch’ lighting the way. United Bank For Africa A Pane African bank already heavily implanted in Africa, Paris and London UK. Group United Bank for Africa has firmly resolved to offer the best standards in international banking.

UBA FORM.JPG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Refugee scams.