Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

anitafrancis100@yahoo.com

Scammers that pretend to be in a refugee camp, usually in Senegal.

anitafrancis100@yahoo.com

Unread postby Swarles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:39 pm

So, received the below e-mail today. Obviously a scam but thought I'd post it in case anyone google searches this. The interesting thing about this one was that I actually received an initial and very brief message on a professional website I use asking me to make e-mail contact; I was sceptical but as it's a site linked to my work I did but didn't use my normal e-mail address. I then received the following e-mail, to which I haven't replied (and won't). E-mail address is anitafrancis100@yahoo.com and the username she used on the website was anitababy20.

Hello my dear,
My name is Anita i am 23 years old, single and never married before. I am from Ivory Coast in Africa, the only daughter of late Dr Jonathan Francis who was a politician and a writer. He died after a brief illness, my lovely mother died after the burial Ceremony of my father. It's only me that is alive now but i managed to make my way out from my aunt house who was maltreating me so bad to a West African country Senegal where i am living now as a refugee but before i proceed, how're you, your work and your country today I hope all is well?
My dear, sorry for i have a long message. My dear, though I have never met you in person for the first time but i was really happy when i saw your lovely reply and thank you for your approval of my friendship.
Ever since i lost my lovely parents life automatically changed to something I've never dream t of in my whole life. I have been suffering. In this camp, things are very difficult, is just like some one in prison, If not the help of Rev David Patrick that is taking care of us here in this camp, things would have been very difficult for me here, because since I came here, he has been so good to me and he is like a father to us. I am writing to you now with the computer in his office, I pleaded with him to be allowing me to make use of his computer once in a while and he agreed. I think i have written a lot that will make you to know little about me so i await for your reply soonest.

Miss Anita
Swarles
New survivor

Re: anitafrancis100@yahoo.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:52 am

Thanks for joining and posting this to warn others. You are right in dropping it now and posting the info. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Refugee scams.