Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller"

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller

Unread postby Luke1973 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Okay, here is my story with what went on with Jesica Pery with as much as I can remember.

It was very early in August 2011 when I got a friend request from this person, on the Yahoo Messenger. First of all, I denied it because it came out of the blue, but then received an email - I'm pretty sure I left it for a couple of days to respond to the email, but I decided to do it after seeing what was written in the email. I can't remember everything that was said, but the person did say that they were real.

We basically got to know each other since then and with what they said to me, I thought that this would be a great match for me in terms of similar interests, etc. They stated that they were living in Bristol, UK with their gran after having to move here after losing their parents. They soon said to me that they were having to go to the US to sort out family issues and to look for work, since they were interested in Fashion. Soon after they got to the USA, they said that they needed funds to attend a fashion show - I said that I can't possibly do that because I can't afford it, my response was that the relationship was over.

Now, it was about a month later and on 21st September 2011, the relationship was back on after having a brief relationship with someone else which didn't work out. I can't remember everything that has been going on since then, but we did talk about the usual things like hobbies, etc and they did say that they like Manchester United. Amongst all the chatting, they had been asking for funds for all sorts of things like phone bills - there was sometimes when I couldn't help this person on-time so the funds kept increasing. I know that I mentioned before about the recent thing this person wanted funds for, after buying the webcam that was stolen and then they needed the funds for the Attorney bills, so theres probally no need to mention that one.

About the pictures that were sent to me, I honestly can't remember what I did before realising that they were stolen - I must have gone into Google and put something like Josie model in the Search box, and then of course - the Josie model website appeared in the links. I checked the website out and found that certain things this person said to me, were wrong so I challenged them. Recently, I asked them about driving to California for the best friends cousin's wedding and they denied it, even though they said they can drive after asking them. I must say that I did find it odd after this bit was denied from this person, and I've found it frustrating since then.

I checked out the Josie Model website again last week and I found the new message that Josie put up on the front page, and decided to go to the "Example Of the Scam" link and here I am, finding you lovely people. I would like to thank all of you for your support and I have started cutting this person away from my contacts, I have already Unfriended them from Facebook. Eventually, I will be deleting my Yahoo account that I was using to communicate to them as it was a delicated account to them, but I will block them from chatting to me on Yahoo Messenger later on.

Thank you so much everyone once again, see you around soon.

Best Regards

Luke
Luke1973
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks for posting your story here for the benefit of other victims. I'm sure the time and effort you took to generously post the story will encourage others that they are not alone, their lives are not over, and that posting their stories can change other people's lives, too. Thank you so much for thinking of the unknown victims out there who may find your posts here and stopping the scam on them. :D :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Ann Angel

Unread postby HDMike » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 am

I wasnt sure where to post this but this was another girl from chemistry.com that I chatted with one time. She was also supposed to be from pittsburgh pa but when i chatted with her she said she was over in Africa visting her mother who was working at an orphanage. There is a phone number and e-mail in this message she sent to me if anyone is interested. Ive also seen her picture on another anti scam site as well:

:

Barbara

31 | East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

subject: A note from Barbara

Hello wonderful looking man and how are you doing today? I believe you are cool as i can see it glowing in your Handsome picture. You look soo lovely in your picture and your profile seems very intriguing and so fascinating. I think i would love to know the Handsome man in the picture and the exact person which the profile is talking about. My name is Barbara Mensah but friends call me Barbara, i will like to get to know you if you don't mind, perhaps we could be best of match as we learn more about each other, i guess you've been on here for sometime, well am new here and i would like to know you and perhaps we can get along smoothly if you don't mind. Please contact me on my personal email address so that we can learn more about ourselves and easily get acquainted by exchanging pictures and doing IM.This is my mail address on yahoo so if you would to add me on there or send me a mail that is okay by me , the only thing it we getting to know each other and learning and knowing how each others chemistry is going to be and feel like when we chat h.love72@ymail.com that is my yahoo....or you can text me and that will be ok with me too..my number is (231) 622-5056 ..
HDMike
Junior survivor

h.love72@ymail.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 am

moved Opening Post here until proven as a scammer.
Just because other sites list them as a scammer, that is not enough proof for this site.
When in doubt, put any unsure scammers in "Am I being Scammed/Is this a scammer?"
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Re: h.love72@ymail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 am

The avatar used on Yahoo is another stolen picture of Josie Ann Miller, known as josie model, already reported here.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 am

+12316225056
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Petoskey, MI
Original network provider* Level 3 Communications, Llc - Mi

Level 3 provides VOIP local numbers. Scammer is not where they claim to be.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Josie Ann Miller stolen Photos and webcam

Unread postby john » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi my name is John,
I found this site a little too late, here's my story.
Aroun the 1st of September this year I was on a dating site named Zoosk and got a response from a young woman listed as Kathy Wellems from Minneapolis which is my town. We began to chat and she suggested I sign up to Yahoo IM so we would be able to see eachother. Once there she came on for a few minutes and waved at me, but since therewas no sound we decided to just chat. Over the next month we chatted for hours at a time and she claimed her father had passed away and left property and checks in a will for her and that she flew to Lagos Nigeria with and attorney to settle the paperwork. As we became closer, She claimed that she needed to leave that horrible country by October 4 since her VISA would expire. She asked me to set up a bank account here that she clould deposit a few checks into and that I send the money back to her. I did not but after complaining she was sick, she sent me a hospital bill and claimed the Hospital was holding her VISA till the bill was paid, to make a long story short, Over the last few months I had sent her over $1400.00 to try to help her get back to the states and cash her checks and help her sell some property and she claimed she wanted to marry. I have never been on a dating site before and she was
spending 3 hours a day chating with me for 2 months until the day came when she was to arrive here at the airportand I would pick her up. Needless to say she didn't show and claimed to be in jail for trying to transport large checks with her on the flight. When I found her "Josie Ann Millers photos" on a web scam site I confronted her. I have other photos of her....an image of a check other names of people I sent moneygrams under and a fake hospital bill. Shestill contacts me and claims she is signing a check into my name if I can send her money for food and postage to get the check to me. I chatted with her again lastnight and she showed me Josie on webcam again. I know it's not real now but was completely fooled for 2 months because of the amount of time we spent chatting. I you are interested i the addresses where I sent the moneygrams or more photos I can repost those later. I just feel like a fool and wanted to get it all off my chest. Thank you guys for what you are trying to do here.......One more thing I also believe that the sites under Josies name on Facebook are also fake but not sure I messaged Josie on one of them and got no response.
Thanks again. John
john
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Hello, John,

sorry to hear you´re scammed.

Do you have one email adress used by this one? Can you post it, please? Her username on Facebook can be also helpful.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 am

John,
Don't feel too bad over this, as it's all the scammer's fault. They took advantage of you, and are professional thieves.

You must now stop talking to her completely. No more responses to "her" emails, no chats (block her and do not respond to any new names asking to chat, as it will be him using a new name,) do not answer any phone calls. We do not want him to be educated and find out how to be a better scammer, or for you to be sucked back into the scam. We also do not want him to know that he is posted here, either. He has other victims right now, and your details posted here can warn them before they get hurt or get them out of the scam. Also, do not respond to any other emails from unknown persons. Scammers will try to run "Recovery Scams" or some other type of scam, knowing that you have paid a scammer money. Your scammer might be the one running them, too.

Go to your bank where you cashed the checks and tell them that you are a victim of an internet scammer and do not accept any more checks from the scammer. If you have any in your possession, mark them as FAKE with a permanent marker or pen so you cannot be charged with possession of a forged instrument. Call the police and make a police report about the scam. You may be able to claim a loss on your income taxes in the USA if you are based there. Small consolation, as all the money you sent them will never be recovered, but it's something.

Please post "image of a check other names of people I sent moneygrams under and a fake hospital bill." too. Scammers will reuse these documents to scam others.

Other details needed in addition to email address(es) used:

Money request emails with headers attached, so we can locate them. <<Please remove your real email address or full or last name and any details from all of your posts. XXX them out, or just delete the characters before posting here.
Scammer's telephone number(s) used.
The Zoosk exact profile name, from the address bar of the browser. Like KathyWellems, or KathyWellems.6.. not just name used there.
Any other "character" email addresses and emails w/headers involved in the scam, meaning a doctor, lawyer, security company guy, etc. and the names they used.

Thanks for joining us and posting the details to warn others.

Any other detail that another victim would Google to find out if the person they were talking to was a scammer.
We only want emails sent TO YOU. Not emails that you sent to the scammer.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

kamila_amada@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi how are you doing there am here looking for honest caring man for my life am not here for any f***ing game i will like to chat with you am here online right now here is my id kamila_amada@yahoo.com also i have all to prove my self here ok

Profile elements:

kamila232
I am a:Woman
Birthday:11.09.1986
Looking for:Man
Relationship:Woman
Language:English

There is no honest man in this site again
Pls am no more looking for relationship again
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.