Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller"

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller

Unread postby Radik » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am

Greetings,

We own the property currently being used to scam people from http://www.josie model.ca
It's true we don't allow images to be reproduced off site for purposes other than promotion.

We have although done our best to warn people who use tinyeye, google to match up scam images to ours.
We also own the property Lanabrooke.com that is facing the same type of scammers.

We get a couple a day; and the real heartbreaking ones come in postal mail.

The one common thing that seems to be working well for them is they downloaded a lot of
old webcam archives we had in the members area (now removed). From those they have created what we call
video boards; ie video with the ability to play certain actions (ie touch your ear) they click and she does.

Really what's going on is they use vlc media player to jump the video to certain seek times in the archive.
The result is a jump/skip in the video but they explain that away of course by claiming to have poor internet.

We have updated her front page and placed a link to this thread; a lot of people think we are involved in the scam
to the point they with threaten us with legal action.

Cheers,
Radik
New survivor

Unread postby Luke1973 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 am

I really can't be sure if I've been chatting to a scammer for quite a long time now.

They call themself as Jessica Perry and the email address they use is: perry.jessica41@yahoo.com
They also have an account on Facebook under the name "Jesica Pery", just put that name in the Search box and the profile will appear. Also, there is a mobile number that this person has been using and it is: 07035 964 973

This person has denied a few things, like going to California for the best friends wedding and yes, they have been using some of the pictures from the Josie Model website.

Just one other thing I remember they said to me and it is that they lost their parents in a plane crash.

As I said before, I can't be sure if they are a scammer. I'm sorry if they are not, but I would like it confirmed to me.

Thank you.
Luke1973
New survivor

Re: perry.jessica41@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Online activity:

On Facebook,
Jesica Pery aka jesica.pery
Went to Douglass High School
Lives in Atlanta, Georgia
Knows American English, British English
Female
Active since March 8, 2011.

The pictures used for the profile are stolen and are indeed Josie Ann Miller pictures.

Thanks for the update, Luke1973.
Usual, you will find sooner or later if "she" is scammer.
Sooner - if you do one header analyze to find out where "she" is for real, not just where "she" pretends to be.
Later - when "she" will need help and "she" will need your financial support.
If you want to use the first option, this site can help you to find and analyze the header: http://whatismyipaddress.com/. Please, let us know what´s the result.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

perry.jessica41@yahoo.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Your number could be from Nigeria, if you have to dial +234, then dropping the zero and dialing the rest.
Inside Nigeria, you would dial 07035964973.

+2347035964973
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Nigeria
City or exchange location
Original network provider* MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd

The real Josie is not looking for love on the internet, so the person you are talking to is not Josie.
If "she" says she is stuck in Africa, has money in a bank but needs your help to get it out, it is a classic African romance scam. If she has ever asked for a single dime for anything at all, she is absolutely a scammer.
Getting us a header from an email will tell us where she is, and help to warn others.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Luke1973 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Okay, thank you for confirming about the Jesica Pery I was chatting to.
They didn't say anything about being in Nigeria, they said that they were in Gainesville, Florida.
They have asked for money for certain things, the most recent situation was when she was trying to buy a webcam so that we could cam each other, and she said that the FBI contacted her to take it back to the shop as it had been stolen. She then said that she had to pay the attorney as they got her out of the case, to avoid going to court.

I've got a header from ReadNotify after they read my last email to them, so I hope it helps.

Opened 13-Oct-12 at 11:19:10am (UTC +01:00) - 1min42secs after sending
Location Lagos, Nigeria (86% likelihood)
Opened on (41.203.67.115:29801)
Language of recipient's PC: en-us (English/United States), en;q=0.5 (English)
Browser used by recipient: Moz/5.0 (Win; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009110401 Firefox/3.0.15 Flock/2.5.5
Accepts Files browser can open: i/png,i/*;q=0.8,*/*;q=0.5
Referrer http://us.­mc1216.­mail.­yahoo.­com/mc/welcome?.­gx=1&­.­tm=1349954742&­.­rand=6joj3tfagelj9

Regards

Luke
Luke1973
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:07 pm

IP address [?]: 41.203.67.115
IP country code: NG
IP address country: Nigeria
IP address state: Lagos
IP address city: Lagos
IP address latitude: 6.4531
IP address longitude: 3.3958
ISP of this IP [?]: Globacom Ltd
Organization: Globacom Ltd

Yes, you have a Nigerian scammer there, Luke1973. They are NOT in Florida, but Lagos, Nigeria.
It's a man abusing stolen pics and videos of Josie, I'm sorry to say.
All the money requests mean it is 100% a scammer, as well. All the reasons are lies. Everything they have said is a lie.

Drop all contact, immediately. Say nothing to them, so they will not be warned off and the details that you have posted can help save others. And that number, "703" Nigerian exchange number for Lagos, as well.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 am

Hi Luke1973 --- welcome to ScamSurvivors

I am sorry to learn that you were scammed, but you are in the right place now to seek help and advice from all who are on this site.

I am sure you must feel very disoriented right now, but I can assure you, as you realize that you have been scammed, you will begin to heal and recover. The major thing to do now, is to tell your story, with as much information as possible, emails, IP's, skype messages, anything and everything you have said to one another. The next most important thing is to cut all ties with this person, block them every way you can. Make sure all of you privacy settings are in place.

SlapHappy gave you excellent advice as well as explaining this is a Nigeria scammer. Do not ever respond to this person again, block them every way you can. When they can't get to you for money - which is all they want --- these creeps, little lowlifes disappear, so they can find a new victim. They are predators lookin for a vulnerable person.

But most importantly, you must learn to understand, this was not your fault, they saw a vulnerable person, and went on the attack. Please do not blame yourself for anything that happened. I can guarantee, as you start to realize, this was not your fault, and you block them, they will go away, BUT right now, you need to look after you, lots of rest and good food.

I wish you well, and if you ever want to talk to someone on this site, please feel free to PM them, or come into the chat room - we are all her to help you through this experience, and help you heal and recover

RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 am

I'd say the number is more likely to be a redirect or "follow me" number. They look like and have the same amount of digits as a mobile phone number in the UK, but no mobile number has a zero as its third digit. If you phoned it, check your phone bill as they're incredibly expensive to call.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Luke1973 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 am

Just want to say thank you to SlapHappy, Ruffled Feathers and Wayne for your messages.

For quite honest, I am feeling okay - maybe a bit sad, but at least I know what the situation is now.
I have been through this scamming business before and it was with someone I met online and was in Lagos, Nigeria - I was feeling rather terrible after this first one as it had never happened to me before, but since then - I've been used to it really and I was expecting this sort of thing to happen again after meeting this most recent person.

It only really gives me the opportunity to try and meet someone nice, preferably offline and meeting in person or if it is someone online, I will keep an eye out to see if its the real person.

I will go into the story of meeting this most recent person, later on tonight as I've got to get myself to work.

With Regards

Luke
Luke1973
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Luke, we will welcome your story if you want to post it, but please leave out any of your real life identifying details.
We do not want you to become a target for other scammers or lurkers who read here.

Education about scammers and how they operate is your biggest defense against them. Be sure to read and learn how to identify scammers in our sections: Important information, Help And Advice, and Resources sections of the forum. And if after learning how to use those tools mentioned and reading our tips you have any questions, just ask us. The members are always willing to help.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.