Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller"

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of "Josie Ann Miller"

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Best not to speak at all to them once you know as they have your real life details.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:15 am

I'm sorry that you were scammed. :(

Drop them now, completely without a single word. Do answer any emails, chats, or phone calls from them. This guy is a criminal, remember that fact.

Like wayne says, Do not play with the scammer. Not only because they have your real life details, but because you may educate them to be a better scammer, or may accidentally warn them that they are posted somewhere. We want their details to remain here so that the other victims can find them. Most scammers have a dozen or more going at a time, so we want the scammer to stay put on the radar so they have a chance to be warned.
Do not report them to yahoo or skype to have their account closed, either.

You will not get your money back, nor will the scammer ever be arrested, so be aware of that fact. Watch out for "Recovery scams," emails, or chats from people pretending to be police or gov't officials telling you your money can be returned. This will be the scammer himself, under a new name.

If you have any more information, such as emails with headers to post, please do.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 am

+233543178587
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Ghana
City or exchange location
Original network provider* ScanCom Ltd (MTN)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby savo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm

the scammer has another account : joyce yaboi, i've contact with here but not with my usually adress, every photo is of josie ann miller, more details later

Savo
savo
New survivor

Unread postby bunky623 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello everyone, thought I would give an update since it is so strange.

Evidently my scammer "Rose" felt so badly about us breaking up that she finally decided to be completely honest with me. Yes, she stole the images from Josie's website and Josie's webcam bits, but she doesn't consider that identity theft for some reason.

Turns out she is a black woman and was afraid I wouldn't want a black woman, so she thought it would be better for us to get to know each other with me thinking she is a white woman....she was going to tell me the truth once she got to the U.S.!! Oh that would have been a nice surprise! And she insists the money she asked for was for legitimate expenses of getting to the U.S. and that she was not scamming me.

She got on here own webcam today for a little bit so I could see her. Maybe I shouldn't have let it get this far, but there is a part of me that thinks she genuinely feels bad about being dishonest with me. I told her she seemed like a nice person but I don't see this going anywhere. She said O.K. and we said our good bye's and wished each other luck.

So this one just might be a case of someone genuinely looking for love, but with a twisted sense of how to find it. I don't expect any more contact with her. But I learned some valuable lessons in the process.
bunky623
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

savo,

Stop talking to the scammer now, and post all the details you have.
Email address(es), emails with headers, profile links, where you met her? etc.

Do NOT post any pictures of this model. Pictures of her are not allowed on this website.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 pm

bunky623 said:
Maybe I shouldn't have let it get this far, but there is a part of me that thinks she genuinely feels bad about being dishonest with me.

You should not have let it get this far, bunky623. Wayne and I both told you the reasons why. The most important of which is not endangering the other victims of this scammer by continuing to talk to them, simply because you were curious of where this would go if you continued talking. You chose to ignore this advice for your own reasons, and you were dead wrong for doing this. She is a HE, and does not feel any empathy at all for what he does at all. He only wants money and will say anything to get it. Take a good look at the MEN behind these female profiles here. One of these guys might be your "Josie" in Ghana. http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =21&t=1861

bunky623 said:
So this one just might be a case of someone genuinely looking for love, but with a twisted sense of how to find it. I don't expect any more contact with her. But I learned some valuable lessons in the process.

This is misinformation; this is not a real person looking for love. This is a proven scammer, and a man, not a woman. The woman you saw for a few seconds was faked footage, or the scammer's girlfriend. I hope that you will not say anything more to this scammer. It endangers other victims.

It may help you to read our FAQ and other informational posts at the top of each section here, so you do not get scammed again in some other way.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 pm

bunky623 wrote:Turns out she is a black woman and was afraid I wouldn't want a black woman, so she thought it would be better for us to get to know each other with me thinking she is a white woman....she was going to tell me the truth once she got to the U.S.!! Oh that would have been a nice surprise! And she insists the money she asked for was for legitimate expenses of getting to the U.S. and that she was not scamming me.

Like we've never heard THAT story before! The scammer was busted and changed tactic. It's one we see all the time. We've been around along time. Your story isn't that different to many others we've seen over the years. Now please follow the advice you've been given here.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby coopsy7966 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 pm

hi I thought I better warn people, on Facebook there is a women sending pictures of Josie miller to people, her name on Facebook is Millicent Quincy. She has tried scamming a family member but it has not worked luckily but nearly split the family up, but unfortunately my family member did get sucked in by the lies. She is a very devious women but the next name we think she might use is Millie cooper or Millicent cooper but she does not have a profile picture, I think this is very disgusting how anyone can do this to someone. I just thought I should warn you all just so you were aware of this scam artist. Also she claims she is from Ghana also she has a yahoo account and goes by Millicent_cooper@yahoo.com so she using our families last name that's why we think she could go on to use the name Millie cooper or Millicent cooper. I feel very sorry for Josie having her pictures used and abused like this but more so feel very sorry for my family member being scammed like this and being sucked in by all the lies, this needs to be stopped. I hope you all read this and take heed of this and not get sucked in like my family member did thanks for reading
coopsy7966
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi. Could you post up any more details if you have them? I did a FB search on the name and it gave 2 hits, but neither have Josie's photos. Anything else, no matter how insignificant it may seem could be the thing that saves someone else from being scammed.
Wayne

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.