Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

sopphywiggy47@hotmail.com - okCupid

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

sopphywiggy47@hotmail.com - okCupid

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Posted on the behalf of the victim.

The scammer contacted the victim on okCupid. Shortly, the scammer tried to move the victim out of the site. The entire correspondence went on emails. "She" claimed to be on a business trip in South Africa when "her" son got medical problems and "she" asked for financial help.

Fake profile used on okCupid:

sopphywiggy47
46•Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Looking for
single men, near me, ages 30‑78, for short & long term dating and new friends.
Live, Laugh, Love!
I am young at heart. I am attracted to men that take pride in their appearance: have a nice physique and dress well / trendy. Looking for someone with a zest for life / wants to get out and about and do things. Someone that is fun, likes to laugh and smile, has a cheeky grin, a glint in their eye, and has a bit of banter / personality about them.

I am interested in virtually everything… travel, music, food, restaurants, movies, the outdoors etc. I´m pretty easily entertained so there´s lots of things that qualify; from the challenge of Tough Mudder to relaxing in my local health club, meeting up with friends / family, and chilling with wine in front of the TV or whilst out. I also enjoy football and go to matches. Love a Saturday lunch out with a nice bottle of wine and good company.

I love beach holidays and skiing. Was skiing in Austria at New Year. Would love to go back. At the end of May I did the Edinburgh marathon. In June I headed off to Marbella for a well deserved break followed closely by London. I also did a taster triathlon. In July it was Benidorm, August Ireland, October it's Dubai and November it's Benidorm again. I did say I like holidays lol. Might even squeeze a weekend to Dublin in during January.

I am an animal lover, and have a fondness for all things nature. I am a caring, kind and loving person with a good sense of humour. I look forward to weekends away (whatever the reason).
What I’m doing with my life
Working towards building a better future
I’m really good at
I am good at sucess
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I read mills and boons and any book by John Grisham
The six things I could never do without
Reading, Working out, making money, food, good music, charity works
I spend a lot of time thinking about
My dream man

Stolen picture used:

sophie.PNG
sophie.PNG (92.34 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Sophia Wigham - sopphywiggy47@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Sent: 04 December 2016
To:
Subject: About me

Hello,
How are you today? Thanks for sending me an email directly and I am so sorry for the late response. I hope you are having good time, as for me I have been busy with my work, just getting back home and taking my time to email you. I will love to get to know you. I decided to join the website because I have been advised by a friend that it is a place to meet matured individuals who understands how to treat and care for a lady, trust me she is so very wrong,i keep getting mails from some horny idiot,am afraid i would have to take my profile off anytime soon.

More about me I am a widow today not because I asked for it but because death struck and took the most precious gem of my life 4 years ago, its all still like a dream to me when Jeffrey Passed away. He died of a ghasty motor accident on the M25. It really saddens me anytime I have to talk about this, am open for a good heart, I live in Edinburgh. I am into Sales of expensive fabrics and I work for the Red Cross part time, my involvement in the Red Cross cannot be discussed as it is considered highly confidential, all I can say is I work for them whenever there is a natural disaster, not like I pray for one, but I do that for free and I don't get paid for doing it. I`m mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, good listening,and a positive person. I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. my motto in life is Life is to be Enjoyed but in reality i can't really enjoy life by myself as i would love to have someone to share and enjoy life with me. I enjoy chilling, I like going to the movies, or watching movies at home, I like camping, fishing, swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, traveling, going bowling and also a good cook, I can make crepes, pasta, Italian, and anything from scrape and my favorite are chips with chicken, shrimp, crab and rice. I'm looking for someone to share the rest of my life with, I'm romantic at heart I figure I'll treat people how I want to be treated. I'm the kind of woman who's cautious, I give 100% attention for the right man, being a one man woman. Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself.
I will be earnestly waiting for your respond.

Sophia.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: sopphywiggy47@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Sent: 06 December 2016
To:
Subject: More About me

Dear xxx,

I'm glad to receive a nice letter from you, giving me more of a look into your life, it actually made my day, I am really going to put a lot of effort into writing this letter to you in hopes it will provide you with a good understanding of who I am, what I am all about, and what has made me the person I am today. The reason I am going to write a letter rather than just send a message is because I am serious about wanting to establish a quality friendship with you, and because of the fact I rarely contact anyone or respond to messages, so when I do you can be rest assured I am serious about my intentions.

I am a qualified chartered accountant but choose to go in the line of my parents business, I am a very busy person, I am into the sales of Fabrics, Gold and Precious stones as well, depend on the requirement from my customers, I travel out of the country to where I can get them cheaply and have them imported into the Uk, where I sell to make profits. I have been to different countries like, Spain, Dubai, China, USA, Philippines, South Africa and some other European countries.

My mum is originally from Venezuela and my Dad is English, my mum was much of a loner, she never really kept friends apart of business partners and she kinda imbibed that kinda lifestyle into me. I grew up in Manchester and Venezuela, to be honest, I am not the type that makes tones of friends.

The very reason I am interested in establishing a friendship with you is because I feel I have a lot to offer you in the way of a friendship and I know I have a lot to share with you that will be of interest to you and even some things that will surprise you. I am very much a woman of substance, I am a woman of integrity and my word is my honor!. I have very high standards for myself and my life is all about providing love, peace and happiness to others.

I feel so comfortable with you and I feel like I can tell you anything, for some weird reason, I trust you. I want us to arrange a meeting if possible this coming week, but in the meantime take your time to write me back.

Warmest Thoughts,
Sophia.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Sent: 10 December 2016
To:
Subject: Happy to have you

Hello xxx,

How are you today? Sorry i couldn’t respond back to your mail lastnight , i was so busy had a meeting with my major clients yesterday . I just got an order request so huge that I can't reject. I have to travel to Cape Town later this afternoon, I am making all arrangements now and taking my time to inform you, I am sorry its a short notice, I will be gone for about 7 days, I will be able to keep in touch by mail or by text, we can arrange to meet as soon as am back, get back to me with your mobile # so we can exchange text messages.

I thought of somethings you need to know, I can cook pretty good, I love red wine, French table wine and garlic bread, my favorite music artists are; Kenny G, Wynton Marsalis, Status Quo, The Beatles, U2, Fiona Apple, The Rolling Stones, Don WIlliams, Phil Collins, Etta James, Abba, Stevie Wonder, Human League, Lenny kravitz, The Mavericks, The Stone Roses, Los del rio, Chesney Hawkes, Spandau Ballet, A-hA and many more. I read mills and boons and any book by John Grisham, I've been working out more, and I eat healthy food. I like freshly laid tarmac, newly cut grass on a summers day, I don't do drugs and I like who I am. Although I think a terrific man would bring out the best in me. My top island is Anguilla and Barbados, my favorite resort is Viceroy Anguilla, my God its like paradise big smile.

my past relationship, I have been into 3 relationships and those are also my only sexual partners I have ever had. 2 of my relationships ended because of my partners betrayal and infidelity (cheating) and the last one, Late Jeffery, things worked out so perfectly before he left me behind. I know this sounds strange to you but as I wrote above I have not been sexually active since Jeffery died. I am really excited opening myself up with my past but we all have one and we must learn and grow from our mistakes or they will overtake us in our own folly.

Thanks again for writing me and reading my messages to you. I really appreciate the effort, I can only hope that I don't end up been a disappointment to you. I can hardly wait for your next message. You've really made my day. As I'm ending this email I'm mentally giving you a hug. Have a great day and Take care sweetie.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thank God I found you.

Sophia.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Sent: 11 December 2016
To:
Subject: Letter from cape town.

Sweetheart I'm doing well today, I arrive my hotel here in Cape Town at the middle of night. I will be going to the factory tomorrow morning to get most of my stuff, I will need to keep my trip short because i can see signs of on going crisis, its not safe to stay longer here so i need to put everything together and leave within 2 to 3days. Not to forget, Cape Town is 1 hours ahead of the xxx (victim's country). I want you to be calm whenever I don`t get to write back in time. how are you? Are you and I hope your night was good?, I have a good feeling about you and hope to one day this year for us to become a loving couple, A live-in relationship, leading to many wonderful things and surprises, am 100% sure Sam(my son) cant wait to hear about us, i don't know if i have told you about him earlier, he is 14 yrs old and lives with my sister inlaw when I am away for business.

I think at this stage i need to tell you some more that I haven't told you, its about my late parent, I lost my mum to cancer of the lung when I was 25yrs and dad died 5 yrs later which cause me so much pain then but I was able to stand strong and took over their business which is what I have been doing till date.

I sell cowrie cloth, mudcloth, electroluminescent fabrics, carbon fiber fabrics, pina, vicuna, camelhair, quiviut it depend on the sorces and years of sewing. I sometime sell gold chest depend on the destination of my trip. My favourite top ten movie's of all time are The Count of Monte Cristo, Mr bean, Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean anthology, hostage bruce willis, Funny Farm, Romancing the stone, The man with two brains, Star Trek and final destinations / saw horror. I don`t really watch Tv programme, Catchphrase, Three men go to-where ever. Also Choccywoccydoodah, Two and a half men thats Sam`s favourite. I enjoy the adventure of camping,the peace & quietness of nature,outdoor cooking,the fun of exploring new or familiar walking routes,having a well earned shandy or red wine, after a day of being active. The fun of sleeping in a tent; with a sleeping bag and looking up at the stars at night. I love shopping so i would rather not say much about it hehe, site viewing adventure any thing new is my pleasure. My weekend evening I go to Cinema, do some home cooking or spend the time with Sam.

I get a bit lost by the charm of the places I go to sometime. This adds to the adventure of my spare time. I enjoy the architecture, the many shops, the tourist attractions, the restaurants, the river boats and the customer services. I am having good time with my business except that the fear of the crisis because I can see some road blocks on the way from airport and the taxi driver told me the crisis is still going on, like i said earlier i might not be able to stay here till 7days as planned, i get my stuff sorted and will be leaving in couple of days. I am missing you like we have met and I can’t wait to finally be with you, I hope you will be able to pick me up at the airport if i let you know when i will be back and send you my flight details.

I have left most things undone thinking about you earlier this morning, I know this may sound weird as we haven't meet before but thats how I feel for you.

Hope you have enjoyed my email, I'm glad to have you as my one and only,leading to a lot more in the future.

Hugs & cuddles from
Sophia.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Sent: 12 December 2016
To:
Subject: Smiles

Sweetheart I really love it when I open my mail box and I see your mail, it makes me feel appreciated and I know someone, somewhere that I've never met before constantly thinks of me,Sam is my son i will tell you about him when we meet. Do you know how much that means to me? Let me tell you, it means a LOT. You make me smile a lot this days, sometimes I smile even without been talked to though you might call it stupid, but YOU MAKE ME SMILE. I want you to know that your financial status does not dictate anything in our relationship,
I don't care if you are poor or rich. All I want is for you to always make me smile. I have some questions for you, and I will want you to answer me honestly.

1. What do you seek for in Relationship ?

Well in a relationship i look for honesty and i want him to truly care and look out for me. I want there to be really strong feelings which we both share. I want to be able to talk to him for hours on end. We should be able to trust one another with our lives and be prepared to do anything for each other.

2. What are your turn on and Turn off ?

Turn on- humor, cute smile and Turn off- Arrogance, ego

3. What do you Like and What you don't Like ?

I like honest people and i dislike dishonest and arrogant people

4. What is Love to you ?

Love is more than just acceptance, martyrdom. Love is the answer to so many questions. it is not just a feeling. it's doing your best without thinking you're the best, giving the other what they need even if it could mean your poverty... it's having the joy amidst all the hardships you might encounter in trying to love. once it's given, you'll receive it back (maybe in another form) however long it takes. LOVE it's the source of all hope. and as humans, we are supposed to put it where it is needed most.
I should able to do the rest of my shopping tomorrow morning as i wouldn't like to stay longer here due to the on going crisis. I am going to the shipping company after getting done with shopping and make all proper shipping arrangment and once goods are out I will schedule my flight back home immediately.
I hope we can meet as soon as I get back, been thinking about you all day.

I will be waiting to read from you
Thinking of you,

Sophia
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:20 pm

After "the son" problems occurred...

Sent: 14 December 2016 12:25
To:
Subject: Money is avaible in mins

xxx,

Thank you for your concern, (...) I don't think it's a good idea to visit Sam now as we are yet to meet and i have not him about you, But i guess it will be good idea if you can transfer the fee to them tru moneygram, It will be available immediately, I have use the service several times. xxx i can't afford to stay any longer here please come to my aid. I will refund when i get home tomorrow hopefully xx

Sophia.

Sent: 14 December 2016
To:
Subject: Shipping Agent Info.

xxx,

I couldn't sleep the whole night, Thank you for been here for me. You did not ask about Sam in your previous email, He is in a stable condition according to my sister inlaw, I also have enough money in my Lloyds bank account but it was on hold when I contact Lloyds customer service ,I was told it was due to some large transactions i did before my trip and I will need to go to any Lloyds bank branch with proof of ID to Unhold my account. My shipping agent advised the best way to get the fee to them will be tru moneygram, You can get moneygram at any post office near you, Ask for moneygram form, Fill it and give them the cash, They will give you a reciept with 8 digit ref #, Send it to me along with Full name and address as you filled on the form when sending, profession and date of birth, I will forward it to my agent to get all the paper works done on my shipment. Below is the info to get it sent.

Reciever name: Juanita Visser
City: Cape Town
Amount: 890 GBP

Sophia.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Sent: 15 December 2016
To:
Subject: Acount Details

Dear xxx,

I think you did not understand me, I call the customer service and they want me to come in person with my ID. I was with some cash and some money orders, This is getting too long and i can't afford to stay out here any longer, I have emailed my shipping agent and below is the bank details. She said she will ship as soon as she confirm the transfer. I hope you can get it done this morning so that i can leave today.

Name: Juanita V.
Bank name: Absa
Account #: 922298xxxx
Account type: Savings
SWIFT Code: ABSAZAJJ

I have enough money in my account like i told you in my previous email, I will refund back hopefully tomorrow if i am able to leave here tonight with the last flight x
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.