Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

departmentofdefense.uscg@usa.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

departmentofdefense.uscg@usa.com

Unread postby BGson » Tue May 03, 2016 11:28 am

Hi,

I'm writing here to get some help confirming that my mother is getting scammed.

She was contacted by a man on Tinder like a month ago. His name is Thomas Iversen Cullen and is a Norwegian born US Coast Guard employee who hade been on a work assignment in Sweden (It sounds fishy here already).

They started talking on Tinder, moved on to Skype and e-mail and my mother has fallen for him completely. They have both spoken on skype and chatted but he wont show his face due to work relations...

Now he wants to come here to Sweden and mom got an email with the following header * * * ACTIVATION FOR YOUR TRANSIT VACATION PROCESS* * * which states that she has to pay $5350 to get his vacation leave granted. (also very fishy). This is what the email header looks like in the forwarded message that i've got:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UNITED STATES COAST GUARD SERVICE <departmentofdefense.uscg@usa.com>
Date: 2016-04-25 7:52 GMT+02:00
Subject: * * * ACTIVATION FOR YOUR TRANSIT VACATION PROCESS* * *

In this email there is some banking details that doesn't add up with the basic story:

•Bank Name : CITIBANK

•Account Number:(Checking) 4201940xxxx

•Swift code : CITIUS33

•Routing Number: 32117xxxx

•Account Name : Anthony Wayne Bxxx

•Account Holder Address: xxx,Anaheim CA 92804

•Bank Address:CITIBANK Huntinton Beach, 7552 Edinger Ave,Huntinton Beach CA 92647

•Purpose Of Sending Money: Family Miscellaneous expenses

The banking details states another name in another state.

She is supposed to get the money back in 72 hours but that sounds strange as well...

When she asked him about this and if he could confirm that he is who he is he sent her the picture that I have attached to this post. It really says nothing because even I can photoshop a passport and a drivers license. The signatures looks wrong and the images looks strange.

Please help me, I need to get some light on this and hopefully convince my mother she is getting scammed.

driver.licence.PNG
driver.licence.PNG (84.76 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

passport.PNG
BGson
New survivor

Re: My mother might be getting scammed

Unread postby firefly » Tue May 03, 2016 11:42 am

At this stage it is no doubt your mother is a victim of a scam. No genuine member of any military structure will ask a civilian to pay for him.

The basic scenarios most of the scammers are using can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=0&t=24589.

Here: http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... 12&t=26504 - are few elements your mother need to take into consideration for protecting herself.

About that email address you posted - http://www.usa.com/scam-warning.php

If your mother wants to see the type of person hidden behind those fake documents and those stolen pictures she received with the email, she can take a look into our gallery where similar cases are reported: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1861.

It will be a great help if you can post the email address this scammer is using - and some of the email messages your mother received from him. The scammers are playing the same game with more victims in the same time. Some of those victims may be saved if those details are posted online.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: departmentofdefense.uscg@usa.com

Unread postby Ello » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:09 am

Hi
At first i need to thank you for this information, this helped me to get my friend to understand that she is/was scamed.
the image was the same guy and also the storie and letters.
He is still in action today !!

To:
Subject: * * *CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR VOLUNTARY TRANSIT VACATION PROCESS* * *
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 10:03:33 +0200

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

ATTN:

xxxxxxx

We are glad to inform you that we have received positive notification from our Head Quarter Office as regarding the the Voluntary Transit Leave Application of Cmdr. Thomas Iversen Cullen.we worked very hard to put everything in other for Cmdr.Thomas Iversen Cullen trip to Sweden due to the time frame.

Therefore,The Voluntary Transit Leave/Leave vacation Request filed and and archived under reference Number ; 2016/DOD/USCGS/MARIEJNN/TH0MASCLN192VX .Is now fully GRANTED & APPROVED.

We use this memo to CONGRATULATES you on these process. We have been notified that Cmdr.Thomas Iversen Cullen is getting ready and he will be dismiss from the Board in Pohang,south Korea,as soon as the security exit badge is active ,he has receive all the necessary documents already.

His flight take off 14;05 ,to arrive in Sweden about 22;20.. Approximately 25h45 Hours trip in total, meanwhile,we advised that you should wait for him at home,because our special security Agent will be sent to pick him at the airport and check him in at the Nearby Military station for proper activation registration,then once his done with that,he will contact you to pick him up from there.

The necessary required documents needed is attached therein.Find the attached Notary Stamp ID and Social Security Badge on the mail.
THE SOCIAL SECURITY EXIT BADGE Authorisation Access Code;THE 10 ACCESS PASSCODE REQUIRED FOR HIS EXIT are as follow:Please take note of the arrangement.However, The Security Exit Badge is ACTIVE .
For easy access out of the Board.
1.Alpha
3.Dental
2.Alpha
5.Dental
6.Omega
4.Roger
7.Roger 1.
8.Korea S
10.USCG Roger
9.Alpha Dental

Congratulations Once again.
Thank you

Lt. Stephen Black
Dispatch Unit
US Defense Personnel Department

Under Authority of,
Charles Timothy "Chuck" Hagel
Secretary of Defense
Department of Defense
Attachments
20160720140303-94acc72b-me.jpg
20160720140302-ee4a0b89-me.jpg
Ello
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Ello,

Glad we were able to help you in this case. Feel free to add all the details you can about this person - being active he may have other victims on the hook. Those information may save someone else.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Ello » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 am

Hi again.

We also found a Facebook account on this guy but here his name is Thomas Cullen Thomasen and not Iversen.
I'm sure that this also is a fake and the pictures also feels like scammed.
Ello
New survivor

Return to Romance scams.