Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Closure.When Will This End? How Do Scammers Think? pg13

Unread postby Ohshizzle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I'll keep a link saved to my homepage for this site. Even though I won't be needing to post anymore scammers since (Hopefully) it won't happen again, I would still like to keep up to date with everything going on in the scam community just to stay safe. Also this way if anything happens to my friends in a similar situation, I'll forward this site to them. You guys are doing an amazing job and I hope you keep it up!
Ohshizzle
New survivor

Unread postby NewLight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:22 am

hello

it is always best to try and stay safe, all the different scams that are out there, it is always better to be safe then sorry.

Lots of useful information, some of the most innocent things are scam related!
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

viewtopi ... =4&t=13271
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm
NewLight
Young Padawan

Unread postby No Name » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:44 am

Very good message!!!....Thank you for posting this
No Name
New survivor

Unread postby nevergiveup » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 am

Hey guys..how are u doing?..after a two years after the scam(i guess maybe two years or less)..i can say im survivor like all of you..guess what..now i have a good life..without worries about will my video will apear at somewhere..and i really want to say a big thanks to all of you here,your stories,your helps..its make me think in postive ways..i hope i can help other ppl who got scam by a scammer..anyway i hope all of survivors and admins here will always get blessed...love you all..and thank you very much...
nevergiveup
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 am

nevergiveup,

We're glad your life is going so well now for you. Thanks for dropping by and letting us all know that there is life after the scam. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:12 am

Hi nevergiveup - my scam was 4 years ago, it was hard in the beginning to realize that someone could be so heartless and get you to believe what he was saying - obviously I was a romance scam, but either way, these incredibly horrible people, do not care about the person they are attacking.
Keep up the good work you are doing to recover and evidently you have become a very strong person because of the scam. It takes time but you do recover and understand that at the time you were vulnerable to a creep that played on ones emotions. You have learned a life lesson that most never learn. Stay strong and healthy and never be ashamed of what happened to you, talk to others that you might find to be scared and/or vulnerable to a scam.
I wish you luck and good things only
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby angelmom » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Never Give Up: I was scammed in July 2014 and was ashmed to tell my story for 2 months. I finally joined XXXXXX and XXXXXX. The folks helped me through my healing process. As a result, I have become active in victim support and have helped one person who has been scammed twice.

Connecting with others who have fallen victim has helped me and them.
[sentence deleted.]
angelmom
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:30 pm

angelmom,

we really appreciate your support in this matter. Helping others is the right thing to do. But... trying to connect with another victim here and trying to get that victim outside this site is the wrong way to do it.

Any problem or concern must be openly discussed here. If not here, we have a live support area working as a chat room for the ones willing to talk and asking for support. Being your first post here, it is possible you are not aware about this option. Scam related open talks are important. First - because that problem may affect more people in a similar situation. Second - because it is a part of the recovery process.

We do not advise recent victims to start playing online with the scammers under no circumstances. Our way may be different as the way used on other sites, but it is the only honest way: the people using this forum are searching for help and we are here to provide this help. We do not judge for our users and we do not direct our users to do things that may affect them in a wrong way. The main priority here is help and support. For the rest, after the recovery process is ready, each and every former victim is able to decide alone, without being pushed to do anything just because someone is telling them to do it.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby nevergiveup » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi ruffled..
Thanks for your advice...ya i know is so hard to through all this..but dont worry..as long as i take everything in positive way...i should be fine..ruff thanks a lot buddy!! May god bless you. .
nevergiveup
Junior survivor

Unread postby nevergiveup » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:59 pm

hi angelmom..

Thanks for your concern..but i think what firefly said is right..sometimes when dealing with scammer is a high risk..ppl sonetimes doesnt have idea with who he/she chat...it can be dangerous..but i guess maybe u can have a talk with firefly..he know what the best for scammer victims..maybe both of u can work together...
nevergiveup
Junior survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.