Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Looking for interview participants for criminological resear

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Looking for interview participants for criminological resear

Unread postby DianaKrim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:26 pm

I am looking for interview partners that are willing to talk to me about their scam experience. Participants should be around 30 years old and older. The interview will be completely anonymous and will take place over Email, instant messengers, here via PM or through Skype (whatever you feel more comfortable with).
I have read many and more stories on this forum and others. As many of you have stated how helpful it was to find this forum and to read stories from others, realising that others have become victims as well, that some scams have the same patterns or even the same scammer, all of this, made me more determined to focus my research on online romance scam and (webcam) blackmailing.
I am a criminology student from Hamburg, Germany and working on my final thesis. Research in this field, especially with the survivors as you guys are in the age group between 30 and older, is shockingly scarce. In participating in my research, you would help to give some insights of a scam experience and support further research on crime prevention as well as research on online victimization and on different facets of online scams.

My research project is described more detailed on this facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/researching.cyb ... sextortion {This facebook page is now down. 06/29/2018 - SH ]
You can also support this project by checked out this page and spreading the word that I am looking for participants.

I am aware that many of you have made very bad experiences by trusting a stranger. I am a stranger as well, but let me assure you that I have talked and asked for permissions of the Admins of this side.

I am looking forward to your response and please feel free to comment or ask questions.
You can also contact me here: Email address removed to protect from scrapers - Wayne.

Diana
DianaKrim
New survivor

Re: Looking for interview participants for criminological re

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Just to confirm, I've spoken to Diana and allowed her to post here. Feel free to share the details of the scam, but no personal information such as names, addresses and so on should be given. I would also suggest keeping any conversations on the site via PM.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby DianaKrim » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:30 pm

No one?
Please feel free to ask me any questions or state comments, concerns, feedback. Anything is welcome.
DianaKrim
New survivor

Unread postby Iwasscammed1 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi!

I would like to talk!
Iwasscammed1
New survivor

Return to Romance scams.