Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

remleymills@hotmail.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

remleymills@hotmail.com

Unread postby MisterScruff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:33 am

I've been approached twice in two days by nearly identical scammers on the gay dating app, Mister. The first one, I didn't see coming though the grammar and syntax was horrific. At least until the text seemed too...fishy...and I finally googled a block of it. Sure enough scam site after scam site (including this one). So, here's one more for the list and all of the e-mails he sent me.

First, the profile. The original profile that messaged me has already been removed (another red flag), but lo and behold the exact same one popped up as follows (the pictures are the same, too). This dude didn't even wait for his picture to be approved:

The stats are as follows:

1121 mi away (Miami, FL)
(Age) 36 years
(Relationship Status) Single
(Height) 5'09" (175cm)
(Ethnicity) White
(Body type) Average
(Position) Versatile
(Hair Color) Black
Some body hair
Prefers guys 30 to 99

Where I live: Miami, FL

About me
I am a very open minded person, someone who accepts people as they are, I am a fair individual who adapts to changes in life and enjoys life to the fullest,and looking to meet a man that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in bad times as well, A man that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and a heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a man someday in my life

Somewhere, an English teacher is rolling over in his or her grave.

I don't remember the exact content of the messages, but it was a basic exchange where he told me he was in the Army and stationed in Afghanistan on his third tour there and he would be retiring soon. It very quickly switched over to e-mail which, of course, is because his account was deleted rather quickly. Duh.

Here are the e-mails: (IP addresses point to Redmond, sadly)

The first is just verifying my e-mail (I used a domain e-mail I can easily disconnect) and sending me some additional photos:

Hello handsome, just checking if i have the right email. hugs

A nice looking guy for sure. Given what I know about these guys, he's probably a fallen soldier, which makes me sad, creeped out, and angry all together.

Here's the intro email:

Subject: Little about me !!!

Hello Handsome,
Am Remley Mills, 36 yearrs from Florida miami. My mom was a teacher and my Dad worked in the medical field of the Army and later worked with the UN. I joined the military academy at the age of 20 and growing much into the Army rose to the rank of an E-6 Staff Sergeant and First Class as a Computer engineering..I decided to hold back and look out for that right man who i can go far with in life..My ex- cheated on me so badly.he was dating another man younger enough to be his son whiles i was away on peace keeping mission here in Afghanistan.I made everything possible to make him happy and he never lack anything,we shared all together.We also supported each other financially.Am not that type of a man who cheats in a relationship cos i don't have that much time and energy to juggle 2 or more men at the same time so i felt cheated upon and i knew he was not worthy of my love for him. i seek a soul mate now.I hate liars and cheaters cos cheaters are losers and losers do not have a place in relationships.he is out of my life now and nothing will get her back cos he has done more than enough to hurt me. i guess this lets you know a bit about my past love life.

I do not expect a man to be a servant to me, spending all his time working and cleaning; I believe there is give and take in a relationship, and I realize that at times it's more convenient for me to do laundry, cook, clean, and I have no problem doing that because I believe and I have being thought by my Father that it's also man's responsibility to do the house works and house chores as well.I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we do spend together even better. I'm not one who cheats in a relationship, one man is enough. Lol
I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return; I'm not wealthy but I don't luck anything in life though so and don't expect someone to attempt to deceive me or "play" me.I enjoy fine dining and am always looking for someone to share the appreciation of good food and fine wine. I am just as comfortable with my hair up in old jeans as with my hair down wearing my favorite little black t-shirt.

I love to dance.But I also want to be in a relationship where I can totally trust the other person and not d'well on how the relationship is not working.I believe in getting to know my partner and communication seems to be the best way to do this. I am adventurous. I will always have the little kid in me ,even though I am very responsible love to see new places and experience new things.My mom has run off by a motorist and my dad passed away due to respiratory related problems.I was only 28 yrs by then.To me i lost the backbone of my life.I was their only kid without siblings.Never knew an uncle or aunt,nor cousins and nephews.I guess i have a trace of descend to catch up with my family if there is any out there when i retire cos my Dad had an Italian background and my mom Puerto Rican. But i have found company in my colleagues in the Army who i can say have been my family all this while..

This is my third time since i was first deployed in 2004.My second was in 2008 and am looking forward to retire a honorable service man this very soon with all my honors and service to the country.Am stationed in camp Eggers in the Kabul province of Afghanistan,miles away from the presidents palace It was named after Capt.Daniel Eggers one of those prominent soldiers who served here as well.This is where over thousands of troops have been stationed in the heart of Afghanistan.As i have told you i will be retiring soon and i want to come home and meet that special man who i can spend the rest of my life with

The first "am" sticks out like a sore thumb. And now it starts:

Subject: Honest!!!

I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return; I'm not wealthy but I don't luck anything in life though so and don't expect someone to attempt deceive me or "play" games with my great when am in Love....
I do not want to meet someone who may think that they will take advantage of me or lie to me and cheat on me under false pretenses. Sorry if that sounds harsh, and I'm not accusing you of any wrong doing, but I'm being upfront and honest about that .Am just happy to be together with you and lets get maintain this great relationship together with Happiness and Trust.I want you to know that I believe first hand in the power of long distance romance. Yes, its scary, risky, you're vulnerable, its embarrassing and goofy & ........ but I know it can work. Take care and hoping to hear from you....Lot of Kisses and Hugs on your way

Sgt Remley

I now see that he should have signed it "Sgt. Mills". Ugh, I can't believe I let it go on even this long.

Subject: TRUST!!!

You need trust to love, but first you need to love in order to trust.To love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile with your heart and to trust one another. One important thing is to let each other go if you can't do this......Love is like a wonderful feeling of compassion and satisfaction. It should be given respect and trust; and it should receive that love back.The best proof of love is trust.True love is the greatest thing that you can experience; it can weather any storm. Loving, trusting and respecting each other totally can bring you to true love and happiness.It's hard to love and hard to trust; but finding love and finding trust was a gift from you to me.Relationships should never be taken for granted. The choice of being with another life is an amazing thing. Trust, loyalty and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love someone if you don’t have these ingredients you will never succeed and to be in love means being patient but to be patient you must trust him first.You can never find love through the eye or ear, so you must trust the only thing that will never fade until you die, your heart.Love is like trust, when you find your special someone it is as if you're trusting them with your heart.Trust is what you put in someone's hands. Faith is what you hold on to.Trust is what makes everyone realize that you are always there for them. Faith is what makes everyone realize that you are always there to help them in case they need some help. Love makes not everyone, but the only one in your life who is special, think that you are always there for him, to be with him, to cherish him, to fulfill him dreams, to share with him and most of all, to make him realize how much you really love him.

Distance doesn't matter if you really love the person, what matters most is your honesty and trust for that relationship to work out.Without romance, love gets dry. Without respect, love gets lost. Without caring, love gets boring. Without honesty, love gets unhappy, and without trust, love gets unstable.Love is a wonderful gift; trust in it, believe in it, give it, and it will be returned to you to give again and again.You can get advice from family, friends and strangers, but the best advice comes from your heart; it never lies - trust it.There may be many people that are trustworthy, but only a few are worth trusting with your heart; choose wisely.To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. For you can love many, but without trust you have nothing......The heart already knows what the mind can only dream of. Trust your heart.Distance cannot, and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment, and love.

Jealousy is not a sign of true love; it's insecurities that comes in the way, 'cause love has just one important ingredient: Trust.Do you trust me?Love means never doubting anything. It means trusting and being honest with each other Someone can be as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside, but when he betrays your trust, they become the ugliest person in the world.Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrong doing. It does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres.Love takes many things: trust, hope, wishes, dreams, and everything you've got, even when you know it's not going be enough.Love is not always fireworks and shooting stars; sometimes it's a simple understanding and trust between two people.

hugs

Sgt Remley

Now, I'm getting suspicious. So I reply back and ask him where he's originally from because his "writing style" seem foreign.

Subject: Re: HONEST!!!

hello nice to hear from . what are you up to?? i was born and raise in Italy as said earlier in the email about me ....

I tell him simply I've never traveled to Italy and would like to go. Then this response:

Subject: Re: Re: HONEST!!!

nice. you are nice and interesting. i think you are the man i have been waiting . i want to hold you close to my heart till i die

I've now asked him twice about his APO address so I could send him a handwritten letter. The first was totally ignored, but now he actually acknowledges it towards the end of the e-mail:

Subject: Amazing!!!

hey howdy
I know that neither one of us had in mind that we would meet someone on the Internet and fall in love but it has happened. And for that, I have no regrets. In fact, it is one of the best things that has ever happened. For this, and what has happened to us and between us I have you to thank. you have brought so much joy to me that words can never explain.I never thought it would be this good, but it has. This is a clear indication that we have so much in common and we are building on something that is real. I hope we get the chance to see this thing through. There have been hard times, bad times and good times, but please understand that we have so much to give to each other and I look forward to that day. And Also I thank God for letting you have the strength to write to me when you can, means so much to me to have that instant connection to you. Honey, this year of being with you is going to be so amazing. I wouldn't change it for anything. I just want you to remember that I am always here for you whenever you need me. I believe that God made us wait to be together for a reason. To HELP one another in our times of need. And if ever one of these days you are going to get sick of me but until then, you are stuck with me forever hahaha. Remember that I love you and I ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS, will.I am sending you this to let you know that I have been sent an angel to be with me, and you are that angel and my inspiration. i wanted to send me letter to my APO address but howdy i think is okay. we can chat email . this is my last mission and i will retire as a young soldier. i will soon be home . i think what i say didn't upset you .
love you.

Sgt Remley

Notice that "HELP" and "ALWAYS" are in ALL CAPS. Time to bail...
MisterScruff
New survivor

Re: remleymills@hotmail.com

Unread postby MisterScruff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:38 am

Sure enough, that second account has the same picture as before, and is this same guy in the other two photos.

MisterScruff
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

Someone probably reported the first profile as that of a Scammer and as usual it only took a few minutes for them to create another profile. Thanks for listing them here rather than reporting them to the host Website.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SteveAshover » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm

I've been in "conversation" with this guy today, on a site called DaddyHunt (on the web), or Mister (mobile site). All replies I've had are word for word the same as those here, in the same order. Photos are the same too.

Definitely working to a script.
SteveAshover
New survivor

Unread postby SteveAshover » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm

P.S. Username on there at time of writing is struggle22.
SteveAshover
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:22 pm

SteveAshover,

If you have any new details other than what is posted here, like email address, profile name and URL, please post them.
Thanks.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby SteveAshover » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 pm

No problem.

Email address was remleymills@hotmail.com, the same as already reported.

At the time he contacted me, his profile name was [XXXXXX]struggles22[/size] on DaddyHunt.

However, that has now been deleted after I reported him.
SteveAshover
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:27 pm

ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure the email address was exactly the same. :)

The next time you run into a scammer, do not report their free online profiles to the hosts to be deleted.
Please read this to understand WHY it is not a good idea to close scammer accounts.

Reporting a Scammer's Profile or Email Address? Don't!
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66948
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

remleyjack@gmail.com

Unread postby Bob_C36 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:33 am

I have been chatting with this guy, "Jack Remley" for over two days now. I found him on the gay app Mister. His profile was out of Sioux Falls, SD, so I thought I would hit him up. I learned that he is in Kandahar, Afghanistan until February.

His profile seemed amazingly too good to be true, plus with as good looking as he is; however, the hopeful man I am, I wasn't going to be doubtful, just cautious. We emailed back and forth, then finally started to text some. He told me his parents are deceased and he has no siblings. He was born in Sioux Falls, SD on 28 December, 2014 (interesting way to use the date). I told him happy early 30th birthday. He asked for a gift, so I said maybe. He wanted an IPhone 5S, like mine. I told him when he gets back here and we meet in person, we can go phone shopping together and get an IPhone 6. He seemed to want the phone sooner so he could use it there, so he proceeded to go to his commander to get the shipping address. As I am expecting an APO address, I am told to contact Richard Addison at riaddison@netzero.net. (NETZERO?) Really, a commander with a netzero address. This is when I told him that we can go phone shopping together when he gets here.

His texts/emails are pretty drafted too, as I've seen in some of the posts. He doesn't call me by my first name to make it personalized; he calls me babe. He is always out "patrolling". His contact information is creepier..
His phone number is a South Dakota phone number: 605-299-2144. I asked "Jack" who his carrier is and he said AT&T. He also said this is a roaming service. It seems to work for texts, but it's also a VoIP (Voice over IP) phone number, out of Mitchell, SD. His email address is: remleyjack@gmail.com.

I probably won't reply to him at all anymore. I guess my suspicions were true, beings we have the same pictures and similar stories on here. How pathetic and sad is it that this was a scam and that people actually do crap like this.

Bob_C36
New survivor

Re: remleyjack@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:57 am

Bob_C36,

glad you found it before being too late and thank you for the update. Best thing to do is to stop all contacts.

You have here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504 all you need to do for protecting yourself if you were scammed or if you were targeted by a scammer.

Can you post here, please, some of the emails received from the scammer - special those ones where he is talking about himself? Please delete your own name out of it any of your real life details before posting. Any new info may save someone else soon.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.