Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

redgarr@outlook.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: redgarr@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 pm

The scammer indicates to victim where the wire the money:

To:
Subject: RE: Here you go
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014

Account name: Richard Edgar

IBAN: GB83NWBK5410049045xxxx

BIC/ Swift: NWBKxxxx

ACCT: 9045xxxx

Sort code: 54-xx-xx

Bank: Natwest

Bank address: Leeds customer service centre, 1 Victoria Place, Holbeck, LS11 5AN, Leeds UK.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Posted on the behalf of the victim:

I'm very sad to hear, that's really devastating.
I do not have any email or sms concerning the money conversation. It has all been discussed on the phone. The idea was that we should put a down payment on an apartment in Dubai and we both should move there.
I have transferred British pound 40K via my bank in xxx. I have the bank transfer papers from the banks with me.

The bank details he send me didn't work, this is where I send the money to:
Phelynx Ltd
2 Harewood street,
Middlesbrough, TS14LG, UK
IBAN: GB 29NWBK5410049045xxxx
BIC/SWIFT: NWBKxxxx
ACCT: 9045xxxx
Sort Code: S4-xx-xx
Bank: Natwest
Bank Address: Leeds customer service centre, 1 Victoria Place, Holbeck, LS11SAN, Leeds UK

He never asked me to scan and send the payment slip.

The down payment was never made and due to his "trouble" financing a machine I have let him borrow the 40K. I have asked him for returning my money and he told me he would but he needed the funds for the machine - so I let him. He still need funds to finance the machine but he knows that I just have sold my house and might see an opportunity to "borrow" more.
What so I do from here? I think my email here maybe has been hacked and he claims his was too - so now we communicate on new emails.
He says the UK police is investigating.

Like in all other similar cases, those are the things needed to be done:
1. Contact your bank and let them know you are a victim of a scam. Ask them to change your bank account details used with the scammer and ask also if is any way the bank can use to track the money and / or recover at least a part of the money sent.
2. Contact your local police with all the evidences you have regarding the scam and fill a complaint. More info you have about the scammer - more chances for the Police to find a way to nail the scammer or at least some of his accomplices.
3. Stop all the contacts with the scammer and all the people you were presented by the scammer. Unfriend them - if they are friends with you in any of yours online profiles and block them. Block them in any chat platform (Yahoo, skype etc) used with them to communicate. Do not reply to their emails if they sent you some - just delete the emails without even open it. Block their phone numbers in your phone.
4. Keep in mind that everything used with a scammer is compromised. The details you shared will be reused by the same scammer or another one in another attempt to scam you. Best thing to do is to change everything: the phone number you are using, the email address, the bank account details. By doing this, you avoid letting yourself targeted again.
5. Avoid any conversation with any person contacting you using the same email address / phone number / skype you were using with your scammer and / or talking with you on the behalf of the scammer.
6. Do not fall for the recovery scam. In many cases of a person being scammed or experiencing a scam attempt, sooner or later someone will contact the victim, claiming to be an official person (police officer, lawyer or similar) with the promise he can recover to money lost and he can put the scammer in jail. If this person will not ask for a fee to do it, he will ask for a fee to send the money after he will tell to the victim he arrested the scammer. It is just another lie, to get more money from the victim.
7. By keeping the contact with the scammer, even if he know you have no money to sent, he will try to made you an accomplice in his scam - promising he will send to you the checks he receive for his work and you can cash the check in your bank account, withdraw a part of the money to re-send that part to him and keeping the rest until his debt to you is paid. In fact, those money are received from other victims and the scammer is just covering his tracks using the first victim. The first victim become a "mule" and he / she may end up in jail for money laundering, while the scammer will be free to scam others in the same way.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby A.J » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:19 am

Phelynx ltd is a UK registered company that was disolved on 19 Aug 2014 - i.e. it is no longer in existence. After that date, it is impossible for the company to have a bank account.

The owner of the company was a Nigerian by the name of Mr Chiedu Felix Ikem and not a British man called Richard.
Not as "new" as I look ;)
A.J
Junior survivor

Previous

Return to Romance scams.