Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Jose Castaneda - castanedaxx@gmail.com on Match

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Jose Castaneda - castanedaxx@gmail.com on Match

Unread postby jillybeanonline » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 pm

For the last couple of weeks I've been chatting with a guy who approached me through match.com. Everything started off ok, an attractive guy whose profile said he lived about 30 miles from me. However it was quite soon after this that 'Jose' asked me if we could talk off the website as it would be easier, adding the reason why he asked this was one of security. I agreed thinking that it made sense, however it was very soon after this that he told me that he is currently outside of the UK, and was in fact in Syria!

After an initial reluctance on my part to proceed with the conversation, we continued to talk and he became very direct in his approach, asking about my past, work, current social situation. He span me a few lines about growing up in the US of English mother, American/Spanish father - and it was due to that, that I foolishly ignored the poor grammer in his email. The conversations became quite personal whilst never of an overt sexual nature. It wasn't too many days before he started talking about his desire to meet me, and despite my thinking it was too good to be true, its flattering when a younger guy says these things and I was suckered in. After another day or two he asked if I would like to meet him, and when I responded that I would, he said that he was in Syria with the US/UK military but he could 'buy himself out' and come here. Then he asked if I could loan him the money, which he quoted as being £700 for flights and costs, but there would be an additional charge for 'getting out'. I told him that I didn't have the money. He respondedby saying that I wasn't that bothered about meeting him as I could obviously afford it!? .. this went on for a day or two. When I reiterated that I couldn't afford this he asked what I could afford, citing that because of where he was (Syria) he couldn't access his bank account but would pay me back afterwards. I told him, reiterating several times that I didn't have the money and that I didn't know that he was really who he claimed to be. At this point he suggested we could talk on the phone (and I made my mind up that if this happened, and he did call me, or me call him, that I would be more likely to send some money).

After another 24 - 48 hours he suggested that he could get the use of a satellite phone, and that provided we could pay for the connection we would be able to talk. He told me it would cost £500! .. and he was again irritated when I responded that it would be cheaper to send him a mobile from the UK (suggesting this was a joke on my part) but he went for it saying that he would send me the address of where it would have to be posted to. By this point I was convinced that this was a scam, but intrigued to know how it would pan out I continued with it. When he emailed me the address, I googled it and found it was the address of some people in the UK, that had been involved in a very serious incident some years before. This confirmed everything I needed to know - Jose was scamming me. At this point I searched the internet for him, using a picture I had of him and found him on several dating websites, as well as inter-chat, and facebook.

What follows is a copy ofthe conversation that I had with 'Jose' ... I have deleted my part of the conversation with him;

> On Thursday, 18 September 2014, Jose Castaneda <castanedaxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It can never take weeks as if the payment is confirmed, They will setup the phone line on the military secured server, it's not just any server, it's a Satellite based telecom server.
>> And it would be initiated immediately that's all.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 1:18 AM BST Jose Castaneda wrote:
>Your Full Name
>Address in Full
>Mobile Phone Number
>Mobile Carrier
>What do you do?
>Those are the information needed and you will give them to me and I will fill the form here and I will submit it.
>Then you will make the payment and when the payment is confirmed then we will be connected it could take just a >day or 2.

>Honey, they said due to the bomb blast happening here that you will need to send it the military Agent who will check >it for possible threat before sending it here.

> You will read, hear and see a lot but your believe will make you strong and you will put mind to the truth and trust your intuition That it's going to be fine, You don't need to listen to what they have to say, because if you do, you might going to have a better life. You will just have to take a bold step in a time and see if it would actually works,then you would be able to prove them all wrong that not all man or woman online are bad.

> Yes, You are human and you are tend to feel that way,What if you see what people has done to men also, that I have read still life goes on and we just need to move on and believe and pray we don't see such, it happens to women and it also happens to men. But we are endless online still looking because we believe we could make it through,So everything about life is risk,its a risk for you closing your eyes to sleep because it's not so sure that you will be awake again..Thats another example of risk,So let's take it this way that a lot of people have risked it and they have gotten what they wanted. The friend that introduced me to match.com met the guy that helped her secured her leave and pay for her and they are together now and they married when she got home to him and that's another risk.

>Why doing that? Because you know you are never ready that you are just on here for a chat mate and you are just not >to yourself or what? Do you think it's my joy or happiness to be running up and down here trying to save the world you >are living in? The freedom you are having today is been fighting for by someone you don't even know their story now >and the person you are sending away without feeling like is a person....Too bad if you act inhuman.
jillybeanonline
Junior survivor

My 'romance' scammer, but who is this person really?

Unread postby jillybeanonline » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 pm

The guy who was scamming me claimed to be JOSE CASTANEDA. He has a profile on match.com, plentymorefish, Facebook, Inter-Chat and gmail. He says he is 46 of British/American-Spanish extraction and lives in the UK and USA at different times depending on his work. He claims to work for the military. He uses the email address castanedaxx@gmail.com and I am aware of at least one other woman that he has tried to scam. If you recognise this guy please get in touch. I'd love to know who this guy really is ;)

206022_111983275608359_1962196448_n.jpg
206022_111983275608359_1962196448_n.jpg (18.92 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

28575206bcd9e58aa44c9ac229d5ed53a823337f21127142dc14d721465f6142b5772ce6.jpg
jillybeanonline
Junior survivor

Photo used in scam by castanedaxx@gmail.com

Unread postby jillybeanonline » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Do you recognise the men in these pictures? I would be interested to hear from you if you know their true identities. These photographs are currently being used on dating websites under the name of Jose Castenda. He has profiles on match.com, plentymorefish, inter-chat, facebook ans gmail.
jillybeanonline
Junior survivor

Return to Romance scams.