Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

lercelsteve@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

lercelsteve@yahoo.com

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Feedback form #2806

What name did the scammer use?: Steve Lercel
Scammer's email address if you have it.: lercelsteve@yahoo
How old did the scammer say they were?: 78
Scammer's Skype username . THE NAME WILL HAVE NO SPACES IN IT.: none
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .: none

If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: n/a
How much money did they demand?: noe
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: I have closed bank account.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.: He did not ask me for money, was going to deposit money into my account. wanted bank information, the largest amount that could be deposited and how much you could withdraw at one time
Attachments
lercelsteve.jpg
lercelsteve.jpg (3.12 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: lercelsteve@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 am

Emails received from the victim:

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014, Steve Lercel <lercelsteve@yahoo.com> wrote:
I don't do something that isn't legal so relax your mind ok? If your bank can receive a transfer it would've been done as a bank transfer to your account or can you receive a transfer into your account? and which bank do you use?

That's cool the transfer will be perfect and it won't be done from a different bank, can i have the infor and how much is the limit?

I understand that my dear and trust me you have nothing to worry about.

I'll need the account number
Name on the account
Your address on it
Bank address
Your phone number on it
Bank phone number

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 , Steve Lercel <lercelsteve@yahoo.com> wrote:
Ok honey but i'll want you to look into knowing the limit in it

Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: Dearest
To:

How much can you withdraw when the money is in?

Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2014
Subject: Re:
To:

I told you i'm from San Jacinto,CA but moved to Charlotte NC but my house is still in CA too.

Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2014
Subject: Re:
To:

I'm Steve and you have nothing to fear about. I'm not here to hurt you and i'll never hurt your feelings.

Date: Mon, Aug 18, 2014
Subject: Re: Good night
To:

Good Morning My Love,

How was your night? did you sleep well and how're you doing today? I woke up with the thought of you and wishing you were here right now. I love you so much and i can't wait to be with you.

Steve.

On Skype:

Steve Larcel aka steve.larcel - same avatar

The email address is reported online on another anti-scam site with the mention: "Location: Nigeria".
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby aphidsrbad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

It's interesting that the verbage that he used in other scams are the same that he used with me. He responded to my Craigs List ad and has spent two weeks now convincing me that he loves me. He tells me we cannot meet because he is out of the country and he has refused from the beginning to talk with me on the phone. He also asked me to cancel my CL ad and not see any of the people who had contacted me, this was because he "wanted me all to himself". So far he has not asked me for any personal information except for my name which I foolishly gave him, now I'll be calling my bank today. I found seemingly legit information about him on the web with the attached photo. He is a smooth one, do not be duped!
aphidsrbad
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks for the update, aphidsrbad, and glad you found the reports before any harm done. Is he using the same email address or only the same picture? Can you post some of the emails you received from him, please? Don't forget to delete your name from it before posting (if mentioned). Any new info may save someone else soon.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby aphidsrbad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:07 pm

I was not able to open the photo on the prior posting but it does not look like the Steve Lercel that I found on the web as working for General Aviation. The email address he is using is: lercelsteve@yahoo.com. Yes, I will put a couple of his emails on the site. I believe this is a stolen identity. I am going to send an anonymous letter to a woman who I believe to be the real Steve Lercel's daughter and hope that she can let her dad know about what is going on. If you don't think this is a good idea would you please let me know. I just feel sorry for him if it is an identity theft. I cannot figure out how to do an original post on the site. Here are a couple of his emails:

I'm Steve, i'm on my 70's a fun loving ,compassionate caring and trustworthy man,I'm widow with 3 grown sons and a daughter and 4 grand kids.I'm a a semi retired pilot and a Cosultant/Project Manager at Global Aviation International. I've over 50 yrs experience in Flight management and Maintenance projects. I've a good sense of humor and i love making friends and always love to make people laugh.
Your Ad caught my interest and i said i should say hi to see where this is gonna lead to.I'm looking for a woman who's gonna be my life partner,my best friend, my soul mate,someone i can grow old with and spend eternity with so if you don't mind kindly email me back so that we can talk and get to know each other better. lercelsteve@yahoo.com is my email address.
I'm a semi retired pilot and I also work for Global Aviation International, I like going to movies, camping,jogging, swimming and I like listening to all kind of music but it depends on my mood. I'm very fun to be with and I do not take people for granted. I've a good heart and a good sense of humor, I like singing and going to live concert; my favorite foods are sea food,Italian food, French fries and cuisines. I like making friends and I'm looking for the right woman to grow old with. Tell me something more about you and your family background and your goals in life ? Do you live alone and what do you do ? I'll be looking forward to hear from you soon.
Steve.

I had my degree in aerospace engineering at the Ohio State University. My wife was a parishioner of St. Anthony's Catholic Church before she passed in 2009 and since then i have been all alone and it's been hard to find the right woman then.
I love poetry, books, walks on the beach and cozy candlelight dinners. I enjoy movies, television, music, traveling, the desert, the quietness of the mountains, the ocean,sunrises and sunsets. I'm nonsmoker/drinker, not into drugs (don't need them; I live in a natural high). I believe in enjoying the good life and am high on it. I have a healthy attitude about God and the Bible.I'm a very outgoing person, who loves to dine out travel and enjoy the simple life. I'm a hopeless romantic and very affectionate. I have a good sense of humor and I like to make people laugh and i do donate to the less privilege ones as much as i can. What more would you like to know about me? I'm interested in getting to know more about you and i'll be looking forward to hear from you soon.
Steve.
aphidsrbad
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah, not a good idea. Best to send us the info in PM so we can double check it and if it is then we can write her using an official site email address.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Romance scams.