Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammer abusing stolen photos of Staff Sgt. Devon Debany.

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: sgtaggerwoodberg1@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Emails:

From:"sgtaggerwoodberg1@yahoo.com" sgtaggerwoodberg1@yahoo.com
Date: Sep 7, 2014

Hello baby how have you been, and how is your health, am sad to tell you this baby our base was attack by the talibans terrorist and we lost some soldiers a close colleague of mine died in the attack, things were destroyed including our food stuffs store everything is destroyed, no foods stuffs over here, I was injured but have been take care at the medical unit am trying to be okay.......I love you baby and I really miss you my queen

The scammer told the victim she need to contact his commander asking for a R & R leave.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: commandantmalcomgilbert@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 pm

The "commander":

From: "commandantmalcom gilbert" commandantmalcomgilbert@outlook.com
Date: sep 22, 2014
Subject: RE: ................... LEAVE PASS REQUEST....................

Good day,
This is General Commander MALCOM GILBERT in charge of the 3rd Infantry Division in
Kabul,Afghanistan Service members and Defense Department civilians on
6-months orders in Afghanistan supporting Operation Afghanistan Freedom
have a rest and recuperation leave program that allows them take up to 6
-months, excluding travel time, to visit family or friends anywhere.
Besides,Local commander in Afghanistan have a specific number of
allocations for the program at any given time, and invoke operational
requirements in deciding who goes and when. R&R periods are limited to one
per 6-months period. In Accordance with DOD Directive 1327.5, R&R leave is
considered regular, chargeable leave. But the us army will pay for the
flight of the officer.
Leave starts on the first minute of the day after arrival at the actual
leave destination.
The R&R Program will not pay for the traveler to fly from the APOD to the
commercial airport nearest to the approved leave address and back. Any
movement by ground transportation will also be paid for by the traveler.
Currently designated A PODS are Frankfurt (Rhein Main Air Base), Harts
field International Airport, Atlanta, DFW in Dallas, Ft. Worth, San
Diego-Lindbergh Field Airport , Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage,AK
and Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield in Fort Drum NY and should be stated if
outside united states we gonna provide him with the next available flight to xxx (victim's country) as soon as the leave pass process is complete
Moreover,I have looked into the records of the troopers in my unit and
realize that MAJOR SERGEANT AGGER WOODBERG is entitled to a R&R leave been on a
6-month order and considering operational requirements. you will be charged
some amount for his Vacation Insurance. This amount is to ensure the safety
of officers going on vacation because some months ago some officers that
went on vacation were killed and found out to be deceived out of the base
camp here in Afghanistan, ambushed and killed by Taliban terrorist so since
then the government has put the Insurance in place to ensure safety of life
of officers going on vacation and this Insurance is also refundable and
will be refunded back to you by the U.S Army immediately they confirm that
he is safe with you
as the troops has no access to their funds here in Afghanistan. In
addition,the fee spend on the Leave will definitely be given back to you as
the officer applied for refundable expenses while in service before his
deployment.
and the list of the information you need to provide afterwards
and let you know the amount to pay.
so you need to send us the details.
1. your full name
2. your address
3.your phone number
4.your email
5.your date of birth
6.your occupation
7.your state.
8.your country
9.your zip code
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Date: sep 24, 2014
Subject: RE: ...................LEAVE PASS PAYMENT DETAILS ....................

Good day ,
For the proceedings of the officer's SERGENT AGGER WOODBERG
R&R leave.Below is the outline of the fees that you and your partner
will need to pay for insurance fee the complete approval of the 6-month R&R
leave pass

Tax/Fee/Charge........................$742.00 {Federal Excise Taxes}
Total...........................................$742.00

Moreover,
You are advice to make a partial payment on this to start the paper
work before 72 hours The tax fee is the cost to ensure the safety of
SERGEANT AGGER WOODBERG
Besides,Below is the list of information that we need you to provide.
In
addition,you don't need to make flight arrangements cause we will put
everything in place, and you'll have your partner with you in 2 to 3
weeks time, you'll be given the exact date after fixing the exact
time....
To process your officer R & R leave ,payment should via
the WESTERN UNION payment service and the MTCN and the necessary INFO of
the payment should forwarded to us via this address as soon as the
payment is been made.the payment should be made through money transfer {
WESTERN UNION } to our available agent in AFRICA
You can pay to any of this agent listed above the agent details are as
follows:

The agent details are as follows:

#1 Military Agent details
Name : FELA MARTINS
City : ABEOKUTA
State : OGUN
Zip Code : 234039

Get back to me with the amount sent details as soon as possible for fast
processing.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation and congratulations in advance on
the approval of the partner's Leave.
Yours faithfully,
Comdr.Lt.Gen.Malcom Gilbert
102nd battalion,3rd infantry Division.
Army strong.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Date: oct 15, 2014 3:10 AM
Subject: .........CONGRATULATIONS..........

Good day,

Hello madame, this is to inform you that your your
husband will be leaving the camp soon, we
congratulates you on the
success of the leave process of your spouse
SERGEANT AGGER WOODBERG,
once we confirm he his save with you, we will return
you back the money
you paid for his life insurance. your husband stop
over will be at
DUBAI and you have to pay for his Accommodation
and feeding.
Accommodation 200 dollars
Feeding 100 dollars
Total 300 dollars.

we advise you to pay the money as soon as possible
so that your husband will be with you soon.
and
here is the flight details of your husband your
husband will leave the
base camp on the 28/10/2014 and he will arrive at xxx international Airport ponce 1.54pm on 31/10/2014.

Congratulations to you.

Safi Airways Ltd.
Flight 201
3h 20m

Depart 6:05p
KBL
Khwaja Rawash Airport
Arrive 8:55p
DXB
Dubai Airport

Economy|Airbus A319|1048 miles

Layover
DXB
Dubai Airport
4h 10m

United Airlines
Flight 977
14h 50m

Depart 1:05a
DXB
Dubai Airport

Arrive 7:55a
IAD
Dulles Intl Airport

Layover
IAD
Dulles Intl Airport
4h 29m

United Airlines
Flight 3575

operated by Shuttle America DBA United Express

1h 30m

Depart 12:24p
IAD
Dulles Intl Airport

Arrive 1:54p
EWR xxx Intl Airport ponce

Thank you for your cooperation and congratulation
on the anticipated arrival of your partner.

Commander .LT. Gen.M.GILBERT
102nd Battalion,
3rd infantry Division.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Date: oct 30, 2014
Subject: .......BAD NEWS EMERGENCY........

Hello madame, how are you doing? this is to
inform you that i got a letter from DUBAI and they told me about what
happened to your husband and other travelers, they got attacked at the
stop over in DUBAI by some bandits of the enemies terrorist talibans and IS, according to what our informant in
DUBAI told me, he said that your husband was severely injured while
they were struggling and battling with their lives and they told me
that your husband SERGEANT AGGER WOODBERG has been admitted in the
hospital in DUBAI and they are taking good care of him and the other
officers that got wounded. Though have been busy here in the base, but i will find time to go and check them at the stop over, but pending the time i will go and check them, here is the doctor's email
doctorpaulwelbeck@gmail.com

we are sorry for the bad
news but we promise you things will be fine with your husband and we
also ensure you that your husband is safe.

Thanks.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

loganrobert4u@gmail.com is a scammer

Unread postby Kat1276 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Staff Sgt Devon Debany was used by this scammer using loganrobert4u@gmail.com on Military cupid dating site and gmail google...I thought it was to good to be true and it is.
Kat1276
New survivor

Re: loganrobert4u@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Thank you for the update, Kat127 6.

As you can see, are a lot of scammers abusing this innocent man stolen pictures.

You have here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504 some things you need to take care of after meeting one of those scammers online.

Can you try, please, to post the emails you received from him? Don't forget to delete your name / other personal details about you from the text before posting. All we need are the info about the scammer. Those elements may save another victim soon.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

I almost fell into the trap

Unread postby Nearly Scammed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:38 am

I am new to this page and I want to share my story.

My scammer worked me for 2 months - he found me through facebook, which I am very active.

It all started with a friend request. His profile was a very good looking american with his little boy on his lap. He wasn't directly looking at the camera but I find the picture very endearing. After viewing his profile (and took noticed he really is very handsome), I clicked on confirmed request. Rarely I do this, befriending a stranger, unless we have a common friend, but this one is an excemption. He immediately send me a message. It was all polite, and friendly. He said he is a military man, and is currently at the camp in Afghanistan.

One thing I noticed is his way of words. He is very good, smart, quite intellectual in some way, and elaborative of his feelings. We talked/chatted every single day. He knows everything about me but I know very little of him. He by the way is a widow (his wife died in a car accident), he is 38 years old, with 5 years old little boy. He uses the name Brad Mogan/Mogan Brad. He would message me every single day and professed his feelings after a week or two. I must admit, though I was holding back my emotions, I can not deny the fact that he really pushed my buttons, like i was turned on by his great words and his mind. With his good looks, with matching great physique and intoxicationg words of adoration, flattery, and expressions of emotions, I reciprocated with the same intensity. Maybe I am just human and I craved for the idea of founding a soulmate, because we connected so deep at all levels.

During the course of our daily correspondence, he then dropped me a bombed. He said his troops will be sent to a very dangerous military mission but promised he will be safe and be back unharmed. He was "absent" for 3 days then returned on the 4th day. Two days after, he dropped another bombed and told me that his troops had found cash and gold bars ($250,000 cash and gold bars worth $650,000) and that he immediately needs to dispose it off. I am the only person he trusts and he wants we to receive the package. He asked me my home address which I initially fought with him vehemently. I told him there is no way a courier or freight forwarder or delivery company that will allow this in this scale of package, let alone cash and gold bars! But, somehow, he convinced me and I gave in because I was already clouded with my emotions. After giving him my address, He asked for my email address so the one whom he asked a favor to carry the bag to a delivery company (a certain Ingel George working with Red Cross) can contact me. Then rightfully, I received an email from this man. He attached his ID's and gave ghe full information of the delivery company. It was Bartollini Courierre Espresso. There was the full information of the website and email address and numbers to call. I responded, afterwhich I received the third Bombed. "Bartollini's" reply to my message, as shown below.

Bartolini Corriere Service
EC4Y 0HQ. Embankment, London
http:/ /www.brt.it/en/index.do
Email. Brt.delivery@mail.com
Tel: +447053832132, +447031955792

Dear Esteem Customer,

We are in receipt of your mail and be informed that your package/Parcel has been set for delivery and your delivery protocol has been activated. You are to note that your package is on hold due to the delivery charges that has not yet been completed. Meanwhile your tracking facility will not be activated while package is yet to be processed.Tracking number will be given to you as soon as the balance of the payment is made.The Registration and delivery cost a sum of 1650 USD and we are in possession of sum of $1000 USD which the registrant dropped with us. So you owe us the balance of 650 USD to be paid before the delivery process starts. You are advised to note that as soon as the deposit of the balance is made and confirmed, your parcel will reach your location within 24hrs-48hrs after receipt of payment. Contact us for your payment informations.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING BARTOLINI CORRIERE SERVICE

Joe smith . Dispatch Manager
BARTOLLINI CORRIER SERVICE

....................................................................................................................

To continue, i again fought wildly and strongly with him about this telling him I am in no way that I am gonna send money on line whatever the amount I will be recieving in exchange of this. He just had a way to gain my trust then Again, clouded with emotions and lost a sense of rational an logical thinking, I told him I am willing to help him. But then, my gutfeel says otherwise. I searched like hell on line about on line scams, looked for websites and chanced upon two helpful, as in very helpful sites: TINEYE and SCAM SURVIVORS. When I submitted one of his photo which I uploaded to tineye.com, there was a hit. A lot of hits which are in your gallery. The real identity being used by this scammer was that of STAFF SEARGENT DEVON DEBANY. I found out everything about this, only on March 20, 2015. Almost after 2 months after inncocent, harmless friend request. When I found everything about the real identity of the man he said he was, i immediately blocked him in my FB and changed passwords in all my social media accounts. Except for one, in my yahoo messenger where I practically created just for the purpose of him. When he found out, he messaged me and told me "things" - rude, wicked, selfish, heartless. Thank God he didn't go beyond that. I didnt tell him I already knew about his intentions and his "identity" and then explained to him why I did that. I told him I was already emotionally and physically drained about everything and I can no longer continue another round of these things so I just need to stop becuase I was of no use to him. Apparently, he said he understood, wishes me luck and that was it. No sorry. No remorse. Nothing.

Attached herewith are some screenshots of the pictures and his explicit words of love.

I felt emotionally drained, but I thought, I am still lucky. No money was sent. No sexual videos or naked pictures to be uploaded sent. The only thing I am worried is an IDENTITY THEFT. He got a picture of my passport, a governemnt ID (Tax Identificatin Number) and my old resume. (Apparently these are needed by the delivery company to activate my account, which I stupidly followed and submitted). Other than, I still feel safe and a a scam survivor.

I hope somebody will come out of this situation a victor too.

By the way, below is his last message to me in his FB, which I no longer reply..

If only I could have come up with the right words to describe the depth of this beautiful feeling that I have for you. I love you so much, Sweetie. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are like the best poetry ever composed, the best song ever played, the best picture ever painted. I never thought that someone like me could get so lucky! I love you more than my life, more than my world. I love you more and more each day and that is the most wonderful feeling any man can ever hope to experience.

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some of his pictures
image.jpg
Who woudn't fall with this?
Nearly Scammed
New survivor

Re: I almost fell into the trap

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks for telling your story. I edited your post by breaking the Website link and blotted out the face of the Minor Child. We don't post those here.
You might read our closure thread to help get through this ordeal:
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=4509

ETA: You might contact an Identity Theft Service like Lifelock. Depending on where you are in the world you might also call your credit reporting institutions and have your credit frozen.

Chances are Slaphappy, Wayne, or Firefly might have more ideas concerning how to protect yourself.

BA
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Re: I almost fell into the trap

Unread postby Nearly Scammed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi Big Al,

I apologize for the child picture, it slipped my mind. Thank you too for the advice. I am trying to repair the damage now by searching on the sites regarding identitu theft in our country.

Thanks again,

Nearly Scammed
Nearly Scammed
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.