Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers absusing stolen pictures of John D. Halamka, MD

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers absusing stolen pictures of John D. Halamka, MD

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 am

Feedback via the ScamSurvivors.Com [#2219]

What name did the scammer use? John D. Halamka
What site did you first meet the scammer on?: yahoo messenger
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: only yahoo messenger
How much money did they demand?: US500
Name you were told to send the money to. : Gary Johnson and Norma Calvi
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: U.S.A/Paynesville and Pimmit
If they showed you your video on a website, can you post the site and account they posted it with.: only the false John Halamka see me in cam ym
How were you to send the money ?: Western Union
Please upload a photo of the scammer if they sent you one.: .foto john recente..jpeg
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: Warned Zorpia site by sending the URL of photos used (John Halamka) the forger.
Warned federal police of my country and handed the passport scanned the person sent me.
He still has access to my yahoo messenger, sent message two days ago.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.: Yes I met him on Zorpia site, such as "John
hello, how are you doing today? you looking cute, i will like to be your friend if you do not mine! 04/06/2014 ". (1st. msg).
The last occurred on 06.29.2014, the 18.15.
Example msg: "Dr. John Halamka (To Self) Apr 7
yes my dear i work there, i am sorry for que okay, i will bear with you okay, we end this my troops in Afghanistan in 2015 but i will vacate October this year, then i will be in the state to see my only son.
thanks John. "
He wore the cam YM and claimed not appear because he was in the war zone.
Researched the IP and none was from Kabul. Address Sunnyvalle, California.
He put me in touch with Allen Peterson, claiming to be his 17 year old son, and that was in a military school in New York. Did your son asks me money US500 dollars, I sent 02.05.14US326 and US200 in 3:06:14.
There are 20 days more or less told me he had savings in the bank JPMorgan, NY, in the amount of 1 million dollars.
He would send for me in Brazil and asked me to send an email to JPMorgan for megociar.
I did this and received the email from the Bank, and found it very easy to return the bank.
I started asking questions and told him that I could not get money without provenance officially confirmed, because I'm Public Servant Federal and pay bills than annual earnings.
And the value was too large. I declined and started checking.
That's when he sent me the copy of "probable" passport.
Then he would check the passport with a childhood friend, I have told the Federal Police. He said go ahead, but in the following days kept asking if I was gone.
And until last Sunday was wondering if I had gone to the bank after information about JPMorgan because also said he would check the mail from the bank in an international representative of JPMorgan here in my town.
He did not know: he denounced the site. I did not know that the Federal Police and said he had gone to the bank or not.
Was "hurt" because he not accessed in the last days (the day 06/26/14 to 06/29/14. Day I talked with him for 30minutes) and we arranged to talk the next day, when I returned from the trip.
I came close to 18:15, he was online, he wrote me that I was, and he had expected bad as arranged and I had not shown up.
I left a message offiline because we agreed that he would "tell" or "to" prove "about his" identity. "There appeared!
I worry because he saw me on camera, and often with intimacy.
Also has pictures of us, me and my daughter.
He got to know my whole family on camera and talk to them.
The federal police officer told me to be quiet because he wanted only money and the number of my bank account, I have not spent.
And I do not worry, it will not come to Brazil in "their holiday likely in October." But if he says will come to Brazil, so I immediately warn them.
Today I received a msg on Zorpia of such Major General Maurice Dwight, coincidentally also from Afghanistan / Kabul, equal to John, who claims to be the American Peace Mission.
I am available for further information.
I ask you to guide me and I'm worried if he sportive use the site to me.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: Scammers absusing stolen pictures of John D. Halamka, MD

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 am

The stolen picture and the identity abused in this case belongs to John Halamka. the Chief Information Officer of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Professor at the Harvard Medical School, and a physician and technology leader. The real person has nothing to do with the scam.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

dr.john_halamka@yahoo.com - halamkajohn6@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Feedback via the ScamSurvivors.Com [#4737]

What name did the scammer use?*: Halamka John
Scammer's email address if you have it.: dr.john_halamka@yahoo.com
How old did the scammer say they were?*: 52
Scammer's Skype username . THE NAME WILL HAVE NO SPACES IN IT.*: hjohn5409
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .: halamkajohn6@gmail.com
What site did you first meet the scammer on?: Zorpia
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: We have been using yahoo messenger
How much money did they demand?: First $700 then $250, $400 which i was unable to pay and now requesting $300
Name you were told to send the money to. : Gary Johnson and Norma Calvi
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: USA, Paynesville and Pimmit
How were you to send the money ?: I sent it through Western Union, Money Gram
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: I have not taken any steps to report the scammer. I was trying to gather more information on my suspicion that is when i discovered someone from Brazil who was conned like me almost the same time from last year till now he is still demanding for more.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.: I would like you to help us stop this gentleman because he is still disturbing us, may be try to post more information about him on the internet.
Where did you find us?: I was just checking in some information on the internet that is when i got almost the same information sent to me by the same person
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: dr.john_halamka@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 pm

hjohn5409 aka Halamka John
United States

h.j..JPG
h.j..JPG (12.71 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

h.j.1.jpg
h.j.1.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

On vK (former vKontakte - Russian social site) as:

John Halamka
Birthday: August 17, 1963
Hometown: New york
Relationship status: Single
Company: Military Personnel
Languages: English
Children: Peterson, 19 years
Current city: New York City
Alt. phone: +12025056492 - Pinger VoIP in Hyattsville, MD
i am simple as you can think , i will be happy to meet my soulmte

Stolen pictures used:

h.j.2.jpg
h.j.2.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

h.j.3.jpg
h.j.3.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

h.j.4.jpg

On LinkedIn:

John Halamka
Doctor at Armed forces
New York, New YorkMilitary
Education
University of Oxford

On BlackPlanet:

halamka
Sex: Male
Zodiac: Leo

The email address dr.john_halamka@yahoo.com is used on skype for a second profile:

Halamka W. John aka onokuwilliam
United States

halamka.JPG
halamka.JPG (14.97 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: halamkajohn6@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:49 pm

On Tagged:

Gary Stephen
51, New York
Native American

Stolen picture used:

g.s..jpg
g.s..jpg (13.11 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: dr.john_halamka@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:02 pm

The victim met the scammer on Zorpia. He claimed to be US military, on duty in Afghanistan, with a son, Peterson, at school in the US. Because he was unable to send money to his son, he convinced the victim to accept a transfer of money from a bank to the victim's account - his son was in need and he was unable to help him because of the restriction rules in a war area. Of course, the bank asked for different fees to be paid upfront receiving the money. Before, in the same time and after, the allegedly son was also pushing to get money from the victim. All the money transfers were made using Western Union and Money Gram.

Details of the "son": Peterson Allen - peterson5409@gmail.com .

The scammers impersonated JP Morgan Chase Bank using the email address chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com .
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm

On Friday, September 5, 2014, JP MORGAN CHASE BANK <chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com> wrote:

WELCOME TO JP MORGAN CHASE BANK
781 Eastern Pkwy,
Brooklyn,NY 11323
United States of America

Tel/Fax: 1 (347) 352-7973,
5th September, 2014

Attention: Dr. John Halamka & xxx,

Dear Sir/Madam,

US$500,000.00 Dollars Fund Transfer Notification

This is to officially notify you that we have also received an Authorization letter from your Fiancee Dr. John Halamka who is currently on mission with US Armed Forces in Afghanistan, ordering us to transfer the total Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars (US$500,000.00) from his account to your designated account in xxx.

In order to ensure smooth and transparent transfer of the total funds to your account, you are to pay sum of US$3,500, ( Three thousand, five hundred united State Dollars) for the transfer commission charges of the total funds, because we are not authorized to deduct the charges from the total amount being deposited as it is against the banking policy, regards to transferring fund(s) from Escrow deposit account, when the sole owner is not present at the Bank.

NB: The fee must be paid upfront, before the total funds can be transfer to your account as indicated.

You are ask to fill the transfer application form with your Bank account Coordinates, to enable us wire the fund to your designated account without further delay.

Yours Faithfully,
Management
JP Morgan Chase Bank

+13473527973
Pinger VoIP in White Plains, NY

Document sent:

transfer app.form.JPG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:08 pm

On Saturday, September 20, 2014, JP MORGAN CHASE BANK <chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com> wrote:

781 Eastern Pkwy,
Brooklyn,NY 11323
United States of America
20th September, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your account details and we have entered the data into our remittance system, and upon the payment receipt of the needed fee,
we shall commence with the transfer of your fund(s) to your designated account given.

We hope to serve you better to your maximum satisfactions.

Yours Faithfully,
Management
JP Morgan Chase Bank

On Saturday, September 27, 2014, JP MORGAN CHASE BANK <chasebankjpmorgan@aol.com> wrote:

781 Eastern Pkwy,
Brooklyn,NY 11323
United States of America
27th September, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

US$500,000.00 Dollars Fund Transfer Notification

Your Message is received with content well noted by the management team of this Bank, and we wish to remind you to make the payment of the fee, by Monday as well, so your total fund can be transfer to your new account that will be provided.

You see attach for copy of the Application Form.

Yours Faithfully,
Management
JP Morgan Chase Bank
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: peterson5409@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm

The allegedly son :

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014, Peterson Allen <peterson5409@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mum,

I saw your message , mum i want to plead with you , and you know the situation of dad overthere which he can't send money to me, mum please i know you have tried alot kindly help me with this needed amount so that i can focus on my studies.

Thanks

Your Son

----------------

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, Peterson Allen <peterson5409@gmail.com> wrote:

mum i understand you so clear, mum please try help me out okay , because if i miss that then i will be spell out from the school mum

-------------------

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015, Peterson Allen <peterson5409@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks mum for accepting my photo. I will pray for for you honey ,all your desire we be granted , honey do you forget my teacher name ? send it to her with the same name and address,

NAME: NORMA C.
ADDRESS: VIRGINIA , USA

THANKS

Peterson
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.