Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

fullofhearts68@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

fullofhearts68@yahoo.com

Unread postby a040345 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:58 am

pass.jpg

Return-Path: <fullofhearts68@yahoo.com>
Received: from nm15-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com (nm15-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com. [98.139.213.135])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id v93si3261967qge.182.2014.04.11.06.32.57
for <xxx>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:32:57 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of fullofhearts68@yahoo.com designates 98.139.213.135 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.139.213.135;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of fullofhearts68@yahoo.com designates 98.139.213.135 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=fullofhearts68@yahoo.com;
dkim=pass header.i=@yahoo.com;
dmarc=pass (p=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=yahoo.com
Received: from [98.139.212.149] by nm15.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 11 Apr 2014 13:32:57 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.204] by tm6.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 11 Apr 2014 13:32:56 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1013.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 11 Apr 2014 13:32:56 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-5
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 978695.38099.bm@omp1013.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Received: (qmail 94589 invoked by uid 60001); 11 Apr 2014 13:32:56 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1397223176; bh=UrgJSu5+P9T5nDoh7+YlqNhHVlVzF/ExZiec/SZyvZo=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=prHXG+f2qbr6BgrFCcbDbhbfKx1GagOMyOr0ZYWdNrB+MwLcmRAjIKwi3IHQoQwB7oteRwrpdqy19YsA+k6XjA9EAsWBmLgUzjFG6ozVwjNvtv57sYaBAs8oiG1/imP9qadrH0zkepVNg/oDJrNSk58JA2Tq6Yu2zzhrRoW3vYw=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

There are many miles between us, but our hearts see not the distance.......... When we talk my heart sings, You can't imagine the happiness it brings Just to hear a word from you..................Keeps my heart from being blue. I love you truly xxx, yes I do......... I forever want to be with you. For now I'll settle for the phone, knowing it's in your dreams that I belong Longing for the day we greet, Two loving hearts will then get to meet. Never more to be apart, Knowing it was long distance we got our start.
Last edited by firefly on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: picture watermarked, OP real life details deleted. FF.
a040345
Junior survivor

Re: fullofhearts68@yahoo.com

Unread postby stars » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi, He kinda looks familiar to a man I was dating on line a year ago.
Can you give me more information?
stars
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:40 pm

You might go back and Google search Images, Phone numbers, & E-mail addresses to see if they come back to a Warning site like ours. If you have more information concerning this scammer we would appreciate if you could add it. Anything you can add to the profile may save someone else from becoming a victim.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby a040345 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi there - David and I have been texting/emailing since February. He claims to be from Arizona and went to college in England. He has a Facebook page under the name David Hartley with a high school in Arizona and a college in England listed. He says he deals in medical equipment internationally and worked for Stryker Medicals in the past. He said he lives in California. Even though I was unable to verify anything online, including ownership of the house at the address he gave me, I sent him money. :(

Since March he says he has been in Istanbul on business, that he imported a load of equipment from China for distribution in Turkey. The story has been that he needed more money to pay the income tax on the recent shipment in order to receive his payment. He says his identity was stolen in the past and his accounts in the US have fraud alert on them and he cannot access them while he is out of the country. As I have no knowledge of how international business and bank accounts work, I believed it. Kinda.

I've always had a serious uneasiness. Like even if he is who he says he is, there is something not right or above board about his business dealings. I feel foolish for thinking somehow I would get my money back. In fact, he's done such a job on me emotionally, even as I type, I think I am the one doing something wrong by talking about this. Like what if he is innocent? I've tried searching everything I can online and can't find a single thread about him, does that make him good or bad?

I would almost feel better if he just came out and said "yup, I scammed you, deal with it".

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have, I'd really like some closure on this.
a040345
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:26 pm

a040345,

Thank you for sharing all those details with us. The feelings you are experiencing right now are understandable. Some of the scammers are really good in what they are doing. They are demanding for more and more of your time and they are asking for everything you can say about yourself not because they care about you, but because they are gathering ammo to use against you, trying to find the best way to control your emotions. The really smart ones are using different email addresses/phone numbers, different stolen pictures and fake documents with each victim - making impossible for the victim to find any previous report regarding their scam activities.

Some of them are patient - playing the same game with more victims in the same time and taking money from each one of them, they can afford to wait, building a reliable story and pushing the things to the moment when you are the one willing to help, because of the feelings you have for them, seeing what problems they faced. After paying once, the next request is more directly and the scammer knows already which buttons to push for making you feel bad while doubting or not willing to help him again. It is a never ending story, a perfect fantasy you need to pay for. As long as you pay, the fantasy stays alive. When you can not pay, even if you want to do it but you don't have money anymore - they don't stop. They will try to convince you to receive money from other victims and to re-send those money to them - without to care you may end up in jail for that.

Even if you cut the contact, after a time the scammer returns, talking about the feelings you shared and trying to convince you he love you and he want you back. If you reply, you will fall in the same trap again. If you don't reply - your email address will be taken to be "worked" by the same scammer or another one - claiming he can recover the money you lost with the first scammer. It is just another lie you need to pay for.

Don't believe anything the scammers say. Don't believe no one trying to talk with you on the behalf of the scammer - are just lies and different angles to be scammed again.

You may consider everything used with a scammer as compromised. For this reason, sometime by just blocking the scammer and deleting his messages without even open it is not enough. If possible, change everything: your email address, your phone number (if the scammer is aware about it). Secure your online profiles and do not accept contacts from people you don't know.

Don't blaim yourself for this incident. Anyone can be a scam victim: it is enough to be online without being aware about the danger. Don't let this fantasy to change you, for your own good. Reading back messages you received from him and looking at those stolen pictures just hurts you more. As long as the scammer is "alive" in your mind, even without talking with you, he will control you. It is up to you if you let him to do it or not.

It is a life after scam - and most of us here are a living proof. It is not easy, but the recovery is possible and every single one of us is able to find his/her own way to deal with this process. Good luck with yours.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby stars » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanks for the information. Its sounds like the right guy Dave and I went on a few dates last year but no fireworks. We didn't have any inappropriate talk about money. Maybe we didn't date long enough. Thanks for all your advise and info. good to be educated. :P
stars
New survivor

Unread postby a040345 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Stars - do you mind if I ask if you met Dave on Match.com? That's where he first contacted me. We never met in person it's been 5 months of phone calls, text and email.
a040345
Junior survivor

Unread postby a040345 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:18 pm

firefly - Somehow he found out his passport is online somewhere and claims I am the only one he sent it to...I'm trying to get his phone number blocked but the texts coming through are pretty rough. Saying I ruined his business due to a morality clause in a contract, saying his attorney says to sue me for defamation of character...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever receive texts like this and Wayne said he will keep trying until he knows I won't respond but I still have that little voice that says "what if you're wrong?" "what if his passport isn't a fake?". It seems odd that Stars actually met him in person, I would think if he was really scamming me, he wouldn't meet anyone in person.

While I argue with that little voice in my head my blood boils at the thought of someone saying the things he says just to manipulate me.
a040345
Junior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Did you Google his Information? If so, did any of it come back to a Scam Warning Site? Star's message does sound like they met in Person. I'm curious about that too.

ETA: We live by a motto that anyone who you have never met in person asks for money it's a scam 100% of the time.

...and now he sends threats? To me that's just another ploy to get you in communication so he can spread more lies.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:34 pm

stars,

"the right guy Dave" may have nothing to do with this one. "Kinda looks familiar to a man I was dating on line a year ago" is not enough for a certain identification. If you have details about this guy, others than those already posted here / or the same details (pictures, email address), please let us know. If not, may be just a coincidence, nothing else.

a040345,

at this stage, it is no doubt the guy you were dealing with is a scammer. Anyone met online only asking for money - no matter what reason - is a scammer. He is trying hard just to convince you he is real and he will use everything he know about you for that. Ignore him. Let's face it, how a fake character can sue a real person, special after all the proof he is fake are clear and it is no doubt about his scamming activities? "Ruining his business due to a morality clause in a contract" sounds hillarious special from a scammer having no moral value at all...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.