Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of Sgt. Maj. Kenneth O. Preston

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

scammers abusing stolen photos of Sgt. Maj. Kenneth O. Preston

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Desmond Brown <desmond_co20020@hotmail.com> - desmond.brown56 on Skype

On net log,

Hello there Your profile is appealing..I adore and admired everything in your profile.will be glad to know more about you to see if we can go further..it will be great to know more about you. I am Desmond Brown,Single and looking for someone lovely like you.You definitely got your appearance so attracting and appealing.I guess nobody is going to skip your profile without sending you a message. I can see sincerity in you.You look far younger than your age.Is what you have on this site a correct statement of your age? When was your photo taking? but anyway I decided to give it a shot by dropping you a line as there is no harm in trying..Relationship is not a matter of age differences or the distance.Do not think of the distance between us.contact me and lets see where the roads of fate lead us.
kindly right me back if you find my profile interesting, maybe we could start as being friends..and sharing each others thought.I'm sure you would find me interesting if you give me a trial.well here is my personal email address desmond_co20020@hotmail.com and Skype is desmond.brown56 ... Lets chat on messenger... if only you care to chat.You can also choose to drop me a mail. I will be waiting to hear back from you.I wish you a great time.Take care...

Profile elements:

desmond_b8 - no picture
Desmond Brown
57 years old - male - New York City, United States
Profession Soldier/Police/Security
74 visitors since 28 May 2012
Talking about my self,I love friends and family, I am a fun person and make friends easily. I love life, love my family and still have some love to share with a special lady. Life can be lonely without someone...I am a person who is very real when it comes to life and its' issues. Am honest,kind caring,affectionate,good sense of humor,easy going,free thinker,trustworthy and respect the lives of other people.....I'm a man who lives life as it comes to me. I don't worry about tomorrow, for it will be here no matter what I do.The best days of my life are yet to come and i am looking for someone who will love and care about me for a long time relationship that can lead to marriage. Although I would consider myself be a romantic, I don't believe that life is about the 'grand passion.' In reality it is more about comfortable comrade. I am really a fun person who loves people,loves to laugh, I am very caring,love music, dancing, singing ( in my car) ! Love the church...am a devoted friend.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

desmond_co20020@hotmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Email:

Hello...
How are you doing today..I hope you slept well cos i did...Am very happy to have you here...I hope as time goes on we will get to know more about each other and i will like to tell you a few about me and my lovely son Jeff..

I have married before and i have 1 son who is 13 years old but my wife is dead for 7 years...I work for the US army ...Life is good at this point.. I feel I'm very blessed person. . family values are very important to me. I been very blessed with loving parents.and i lost them long time ago. I hope some day i will be able to give the love to someone as they gave to each other and to me. I'm in good health.. I enjoy traveling and learning different cultures.

I been to many places in this world...I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people. It all depends on who I am with and how familiar or comfortable that I am with them. I am very educated, not necessarily from a collegiate accomplishment level as I am street wise and in tune with my surroundings, making me more often comfortable than anxious.

I live with my son Jeff .I love my son a lot cos he is all i have for now and besides he is nearest to my heart. I have spent a lot of time alone for being widow for 7years because I took a good look and did not like who I saw anymore so I took the time out to get to know myself and change those values and attitudes I did not like and made sure the change was what is me....... I have lived a very full life, had more adventures than I sometimes can remember, but they have all been educational and I am glad they happened and I experienced them.I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think through things.

I like a woman that can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want it all and will not settle for less, but at the same time, want that person that can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever
I am imaginative, intelligent, and kind-heated....I work in the U.S ARMY,as a Commanding Officer(C.O) .I enjoy my Job a lot ,due its spent almost majority of my time but all the same i enjoy it.Well i will like to know more about you and see where the future will hold us to.Tell me more about you .

I would like to meet someone who's as warm on the inside as they are on the outside. Someone to laugh and cry with..And share what's in your heart..To be my friend, then become my best friend and possible become my life. Someone to watch sunsets with..walk along beaches with..Who will be there for good, bad,happy,sad,caring,laugh,cry and even share an smile with,who will love me and care a lot about Jeff .My life is bright now..Hope to hear from you soon and take care of your self...

Des...xxxxx

Pictures:

"son"´s picture not posted

Image - the picture is stolen from http:/ /www.inscom.army.mil/Insight/2008/02-08-default.html - Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth O. Preston and Command Sgt. Maj. Joseph Paul.

Image - stolen from Wikipedia - Sergeant Major of the Army Kenneth O. Preston.

Header:

X-Originating-IP: [197.251.134.204]
Subject: Hello..Nice to here from you...!!!
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 03:18:49 -0700

At Sun, 1 Jul 2012 03:18:49 -0700, the email sender desmond_co20020@hotmail.com sent you an email from the IP address 197.251.134.204 located in Ghana, Kumasi.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

andersoncole308@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm

On wedatefree:

Hello pretty, you have a wonderful and charming look of which every man that knows the heart of a woman must appreciate and welcome. I must say that you're an epitome of natural beauty and it seems you're a friendly person, can we be friend? here is my email address ( andersoncole308@yah oo.co.uk ) Waiting to hear from you.

GBU.

And erson Cole

Profile elements:

Andersoncole308
65 y/o male from new york, USA
with love and trust

The picture is stolen from http:/ /www.flickr.com/photos/soldiersmediacenter/5491367009/in/photostream/ - Former Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth O. Preston makes his way to his retirement ceremony at Ft. Myer, VA on March 1, 2011.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Anderson Cole <andersoncole308@yahoo.co.uk>

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Email:

Hello xxx,

I am so glad to reading your reply, its so nice to have you here as my friend.my names are Anderson Cole, i am a citizen of America and i am a soldier, serving in the united nations Peace keeping force in Afghanistan. I am 49 years old.
I have an only daughter, but my wife is late. I am very glad to know you and am very happy to have you as my good friend.Can you tell me more about yourself xxx? your age, job and marital status?

Waiting to here from you soon.
God bless you.

Anderson Cole,

Header:

Received: from [114.79.53.209]
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.122.442
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 08:21:54 +0100 (BST)

Originating IP: 114.79.53.209
Originating ISP: Pt. Wireless Indonesia
City: Jakarta
Country of Origin: Indonesia
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: andersoncole308@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Email:

Hello xxx,

Very sorry for my late reply, yes am safe but we have be having a lots of difficulties here, more especially in the security aspect of the whole country, the insurgents here are very stubborn and does not really like peace. But my command are trying its best to put all situations under control. 2 of awe command men were hit 3 days ago and some other series of attacks on us here, but we are controlling the situation peacefully, that was why i could not respond to you on time. I am very happy read your reply, i have been here for 8 months now. Please may i know your country am sorry to ask? and i will like to more about i mean every thin about you please? and please always remember me in your prayers for God's protection over my life here. Hope to reading from you soon.?

Take care always

GBU.

Anderson.

Header:

Received: from [114.79.48.195]
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.122.442
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:52:07 +0100 (BST)

Originating IP: 114.79.48.195
Originating ISP: Pt. Wireless Indonesia
City: Jakarta
Country of Origin: Indonesia
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

kenneth_preston94@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 am

This scammer stolen not just the picture of the real military, but even his name...

Name: Kenneth
Email adress: kenneth_preston94@yahoo.com
IP used: 198.27.119.158

Originating IP: 198.27.119.158
Originating ISP: Ovh (dal)
City: Dallas
Country of Origin: United States

The picture used is the one stolen from Wikipedia.

I am a very affectionate person, love to hold hands, cuddle and kiss. I have lots of love and attention to share with the right woman which i think is you..smile. I'm not too quiet, and not too loud. I might be a little shy, "tongue-tied, " the first time that we talk, but once you get to know me, I'm not a shy person at all. I would also make a good camping partner.I love the sounds of rainfall and steel drums. My least favorite sound is an alarm clock, My favorite flower is Casa Blanca Lily. My favorite smells are fresh cut grass, coffee shops, vanilla, and cinnamon. I cherish my friendships, and consider myself a very loyal friend. I love all types of arts & crafts projects. I prefer cooler temperatures over hot. Honesty, trust, care and love means a lot to me and I hate liars. I have been to some other places in the world due to the nature of my job. I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people. It all depends on who I am with and how familiar or comfortable I am with them.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: kenneth_preston94@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 am

Online activity:

On Facebook,
Kenneth Osten aka kenneth.osten.9
Lives in New York, New York
Male
Active since September 30, 2012.

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Sgt. Maj. Kenneth O. P

Unread postby silversolitaire » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am

Hi,

This one just attempted to scam me! He is very good at romanticizing his victims. I met him on POF. Here is an example of his charming emails:

Hello madam pretty,I am very excited to read your words again these morning,i am sorry i could not write you last night due to technical problem with my internet service,I am doing good and very strong too..I want you to know i cant get you out off my sight,your image keeps hoovering round my sight ,just cant wait to see you in person and watch you smile will be a great fantasy and will happen soon,and moreover i appreciate your kindness and care for been able to accept me in your home even that shows how caring and loving with a clean heart you have there,i will always treat you like a queen in my heart and will let you know you are the best woman for me,anytime i watch your pictures it sacks my worries and past away,..... you have brought so much joy and happiness in my life,i like fishing very much and glad to hear you had a pond at back of your house...don't get much scared much about my safeness because we have brought absolutely peace to Libya and i am not going for any peace keeping mission again,even though some on my colleagues ready for Syria but still waiting for approval from UN and need some support to stop war at Syria,Damascus.I have nowhere to go than just to wait for the day i will fly to you and start a new life forever with you,i like your environment much because we can live without no trouble and even i will forever be your Guardian Angel,If today, a smile should appear on your face, it's because at this very minute, I am thinking of you and I am smiling too,what will you be doing today,hope to hear from you and have in minds Kenneth cares much about you...wake up with smiles.

Then he proceeds to ask that I pay delivery cost for a box of gold bars he is sending - that is when I clued in to the scam.
silversolitaire
New survivor

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Sgt. Maj. Kenneth O. P

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 am

I'm glad you realised it was a scam. Did he use the same name and email address as is already reported here?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: marklarry103@gmail.com

Unread postby jillybeanonline » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:11 am

Ok 5th one this month! I'm getting these at a rate of one a day right now. This is the FIRST message I got from this guy today. He claims to be Mark Larry, his email address is marklarry103@gmail.com. He attached two pictures whichI checked immediately and found they are stolen pictures of Sgt Major Kenneth Preston. The usual poor grammar, spelling, everything .. its all there .. :lol: I have reported it to match.com as he's still live on there.

This is the message I got today, 18 October 2014 ;

Well Am Mark Larry 57 years of age.Talking about my family background am the only son of my late parents.I have been in the army for 30 years and i have been to many bases in US to work there as well as,Afghanistan,Saudi Arabia and Iraq,..And trust me i have seen and experienced being in the USA army and i never regret joining the army.I have a very good sense of humor and love to laugh. love animals and nature. I'm compassionate, caring and romantic.I love life,love my family and still have some love to share with a special woman. life can be lonely without someone...I am a person who is very real when it comes to life and its' issues.I'm not a fighter and I don't argue, life's too short but I do value friendship and intimacy.Respect is one of the most important requisites in a relationship, as are honesty and commitment. I believe either of us had in mind of meeting someone special online but it has just come to pass with our personality description towards learning few thing about each other.I'm ready to falling in love with someone special who ever that happens to be..there are few qualities which talks about genuine woman in relationship, such as faithfulness,loyalty, trustworthy, Honesty,respectful etc.
I look into the future with hope and would like to create a relationship based on respect, understanding, trust and love.Honestly I've all that it takes to be a man, I don't really need anything from my partner. maybe in terms of circumstances there might some kind of help from each other, helping to make things right.It's not all that easy meeting that rightful woman with all those qualities which I'm dreaming off. I am a very sincere person who laughs easily, loves to tease and be teased and who communicates openly and honestly.I pride myself in being independent both emotionally and financially. I have reached the point where I am looking for someone who is open to a new friendship and maybe even a committed relationship. I have been a single parent for 8 years now. I love life and would like to live it to the fullest,but its not all that easy without someone to share those life experiences with.
I was married for 22 years but unfortunately,My partner died of car accident rendering me a widower ,well I believe God has his own purpose for that...
I am currently on PEACE KEEPING MISSION in Afghanistan and will be home on retirement in two months time and that is one main reason why i joined the dating website even though its not safe out here to be using the internet and everything i still had a thought about dating since for a long time. i never went on a date and am about to go on retirement and want to have that special woman in my life so that when i come back on retirement i can be with till the end of the world.
I never knew how to do this online chat and it was my friend who thought me how to chat online and to send emails but unfortunately i cant always be sending emails because of my work my dear.Well my son is in the boarding school under a CARETAKER...hoping his father would meet a woman he would love to be his mum.......I believe and hope to find someone that I can spend the rest of my life with till the end of the time.Someone that I can Clam the mountain of happiness and Joy with...please take very good care of yourself and stay safe,Hope to hear back from you as soon as you read this email..

mark 2.jpg
Attachments
mark.jpg
mark.jpg (6.54 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
jillybeanonline
Junior survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.