Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scott.brown59@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

scott.brown59@yahoo.com

Unread postby someplum » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Scott Brown and the pirates scam...
This man left me a private message on my facebook. It was a week later when I saw it and was awed at the nice message he left about my smile. He liked it and was interested in getting to know me better, would I drop him a line...stay blessed cheers. Could we chat on yahoo messenger? Okay, I was game, but I didn't have a yahoo email, etc. So I created one, I was game to get to know him. His profile stated he was an engineer, had been to college in Turkey, went to a high school in California. His pictures were rather charming and he even had one of a little boy, who he claimed was his son, Terry. Within a couple of days of responding to his message, we had began a conversation. He sent me a detailed email about himself to the yahoo email:

Hello Dear xxxxxx,
Thanks for sending me your email id, it is so thoughtful of you and I'm very happy to hear from you. You are too kind.
I'd like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from, okay. My name is Scott Brown, my father was from Texas and my mother was Istanbul Turkey. I spent some time of my life in turkey studying and later moved to Australia where I attained my masters degree in Engineering. I finally moved back to the US of A in 2004 and settled in Cold spring NY. I work as an Operations manager for a Cargo shipping company. I have been with the company for 12 years as the director of operations. I enjoy my job though risky because we are always at sea.
I lost my wife in a car wreck five years ago. I have one very handsome son, His name is Terry and he is 9 years old now. I'm 5`11" 190 lbs with an athletic build. I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy painting which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music. I am a family oriented person, love children, there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.
I am really interested in knowing more about you, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone, So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes your heart and soul happy, as the friendship I want to build with you, I want it to be like no other you have ever shared or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, love and faithfulness. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Until then have a pleasant day.
Scott.

Supposedly, they were on their way to Australia via the Indian Ocean. He said he had a contract of some sort in Mexico he had to tend to after that, but would come to visit me for a month first. He was very consistent with the charming talk.
About two weeks later,..he had just woke up, called me, and soon he gets a knock on his door. There is a man telling him the captain needs to see him, it is urgent. He leaves the phone where I can hear this. I don't hear from him for a whole day. Then I get a email asking me to please pray for him and his crew, things were getting worse and there were pirates close by and he wanted to send me his money he had saved for the contract in Mexico to keep it safe. ..he claimed he had ($1. 750,000.) One Million Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars....no body in their right mind would carry that much money on them, and especially not at sea....! Then came the I trust you, I want to send it to you, ect. I paid for this end but to receive it there may be charges through customs, etc. If you could pay for it, then you could reimburse yourself when you get the money. . I had solid proof he was a scammer when I looked up the name of the company on the air bill and somehow, by the Grace of God this site popped up with a woman's post about the same man.

He said that a woman for the company would be calling to confirm information. This is the number she called from: 6-010-298-8853
The phone number he used was
Tel:. +44-703 184 5673

Oh and he also sent me a couple of songs, Celine Dione, and the song “If tomorrow never comes”
The first photo is from his facebook profile and the other two are ones he sent to me in an email..I have more, but not sure where to post as this only allows three.
281360_102278913207728_1839827_n[1].jpg
profile pic on fb
SCOTT.2.jpg

-
+447031845673
Last edited by SlapHappy on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: blacked out child's face. added non-hyphenated phone number for better search results.-SH
someplum
New survivor

Re: scott.brown59@yahoo.com

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 am

If you use "Add image to post" then it lets you upload more at a time.

The first image gives us 2 other hits on FaceBook.

facebook.com/jerry.moore.39501
facebook.com/richard.peterson.96387

Both say
Worked at Engineer
Studied at Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Lives in New York, New York
From Houston, Texas

One says AM COOL AND EASY GOING. and the other AM A SUCCESS..
Coincidence?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 am

+60102988853
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Malaysia
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Celcom

Tel:. +447031845673 U.K. Premium Redirected phone number.

I'm sorry that you were scammed. :cry:
Thank you posting this scammer's details tonight, and I know you have more. If you need help, you know how to find us. In this topic, via pm, or the chat. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby someplum » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 am

Wow, you got that much information that fast? Cool, and you know the more I think about it, I am glad he tried me, now I can join forces to fight back. I will add more emails and pictures tomorrow sometime. Thank you for helping...this is awesome. :D
someplum
New survivor

Unread postby almost_bit » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 am

Welcome to the world of scammers, and those who fight against them.

If you decide to join the fight, I'll bet you end up asking Slappy to shorten your user name!
almost_bit
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm

yeah, AB...How about "someplum?" Nobody is dumb around here, except the ones we report. ;) :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 am

Notice how the supposed stamps cover up what's behind it :D

Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby susan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:38 am

He was on Match. com and his email was scottbrown778@yahoo.com. I was lucky and saw your posts so I wasn't scammed but I did receive the same email. Why can't he be stopped?
susan
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:01 am

Scammers use fake names, pictures, webcam footage, addresses, stories, and use untraceable money transfers. They also use mobile phones or redirected phones that are difficult to trace. They change email addresses and profiles faster and more often than they do their underwear. Education about scammers is the best weapon against them. Read our FAQ to arm yourself about their other scams and how to detect them. Thanks for joining and I'm glad that you found our posts by the members and survivors here.
Posts by others help save many people, and we help them recover here.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello Susan,

I am glad to know you found this site and also fortunate enough not to be scammed. As Slaphappy said, this site has many subjects that can help you to identify a scammer vs a real life person. It is still a shocking situation to find yourself in, but at least you caught on in time.

If you would like to talk further about your incident, please feel free to contact anyone on this site, or come to the Chat Room and talk to the people there.

We are all experienced with scams and/or scammers, it is good to talk about your experience and to learn you are not alone.

Hope to meet you in the Chat Room,
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.