Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scott.brown59@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Richard Peterson alias Dan Brown

Unread postby eagle123 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm

How do I report that my personal photos could be used by this so-called Richard Peterson to scam other people? I dont want to post them here but would like to send them in private to Scam Survivor organizers who monitor activities such as this? Thank you. I received a lot of help already with the posts I saw and henceforth be more careful with cyberspace scammers. The ph0tos sent may well have been stolen too.
eagle123
New survivor

Re: scott.brown59@yahoo.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 am

I'm sorry that you were scammed. Do not respond to him in any way from now on. Block his number, and block him in chat. Delete his emails UNOPENED, so he will stop harassing you. Do not worry about him using your pictures that you sent him. It is very very rare for a scammer to use victim pics sent to them to scam others. It's more common for scammers to get arrested than for them to use victim pictures, and that is exceedingly rare, unfortunately.
Thanks for reporting the scammer here.

Scammers use stolen pictures, and the real person in the pictures is innocent. Do not attempt to contact the real person in the pictures. It causes more harm than good.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: scott.brown59 alias richardpeterson73@yahoo.com

Unread postby eagle123 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 am

I just want to give an update on the Richard Peterson alias Scott Brown scammer. He sent me email full of his usual mushy stuff, and text and even called a few minutes ago. Knowing that this might be a set up for the next scam, I really didntt know what to say but felt that I just had to be straight with him. The caller does have a Nigerian accent. Told me he was still at sea, and that when he reached Australia, he will ship his things to Mexico, take his pay with him to Australia, and then come to the country to visit me for 2-3 days.... In the kindest words I could say, I just let him know I found out about him. That is probably the worst thing I could do, Im such a poor actress. He hung up after I told him I preferred to know the real person behind the name, as I am a true Christian, I could not judge him...and then went on to say I knew a couple of Nigerians who were good Christians (and I really do), etc... and he hung up the phone....

What could he possibly do? Am a bit scared. Need advice. Many thanks to Wayne, Firefly and other Scam survivor people who helped with their stories...I just hope you have a way to post the pictures, and the Facebook or Yahoo addresses to the proper authorities. I guess this is an instance of cybernet crime---fooling people. Its really degrading to do this to other people who are naive, gullible like me. I thanked my friends who referred me to this site.

God bless you all...
eagle123
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Eagle123,

please read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=337. You will find here answers at some of your questions.

As you know already, the person from the pictures is not the same person you were talking with. The real owner for the picture has nothing to do with the scam. His pictures are stolen and used by the scammer. Do not try to find the real person. He is also one victim in this.

No matter what, stop the contact with this person. Do not reply at phone when he call you, if he send you emails delete it without to read it. Telling him you know he is scammer is the worst thing you can do. Because he will change now one set of stolen images with another one, his email address with another one and he will be reported again just AFTER he will made another victim and just IF the other victim will report him. All the work done to expose himself here and to help other potential vicitms to find details about his scam activities is wasted now.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

jake.marshall556@gmail.com

Unread postby JennCooper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi,
I've been recieving emails from "Scott" too, but he calls himself Jake Marshall, his email is jake.marshall556@gmail.com the number he gave me is +447031845673

He sent me the same images.
He just copy and paste the mails and changes the addressee. He says he lives in Coldspring, NY and works for a Cargo shipping company. He says his wife passed away in a car wreck five years ago. Her name was Winnifred. And he has a 9 years old son named Terry.

Photos with child removed. Wayne.
JennCooper
New survivor

Re: jake.marshall556@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:46 pm

JennCooper,

thanks for the update. The pictures are stolen and used by one scammer.

Best thing to do is to stop all contacts with him without a word. Do not tell him you know he is scammer and do not let him know he is reported here. Your information about this one may save other potential victim.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby colochix » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:28 am

qué barbaridad, a mi me quisieron estafar con la misma historia, el recibo que recibí es identico, solo cambio el nombre... que gente más desalmada :twisted:

Translation (Google):

how awful, he wanted to cheat me with the same story, the receipt I received is identical, just change the name ... that heartless people :twisted:
colochix
Junior survivor

Unread postby SmartBlond » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

He has a new "name" and Facebook profile....this is the information on it:

https://www.facebook.com/Oscar.wood64

This is the message I received from him:

Hi Dear, how are you today? You look so beautiful and you seem to have a way with smile and you are good and look pretty at it. I'd really love to know you, please drop me a line........ Have a lovely day and remain blessed. Cheers.

He is using the "Scott Brown" picture, also has the ones of his "son" on his profile.

Now claims to live in New York, New York

Born in Texas City, Texas (is that really even a place?)

Is an "engineer" ( at least he spelled it correctly, some of the scammers can't even do that!)

Impressive - has also studied at the Julliard School this time!

I usually just report the account, wait for Facebook to tag it and then the message goes away....

It's too easy for the scammers to find pictures to use and set up these fake profiles....
SmartBlond
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks for the details. Here's an extra pic we didn't have before from the profile.
Attachments
1478953_522438077864379_716138048_n.jpg
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:26 am

SmartBlond,
Thanks for the report on the scammer, but please, in the future do not report scammer accounts to the providers to be closed. Read these to know why. The scammer world is Upside Down, and what seems like the right thing to do is not.

Frequently Asked Questions. The all important FAQ page. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=337

Reporting a Scammer's Profile or Email Address? Don't! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66948
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.