Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scott.brown59@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

oscar.wood64@gmail.com

Unread postby SmartBlond » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Since we all know this is a new "identity" for the same group of scammers....the "new" email is: oscar.wood64@gmail.com

I gave him an email that I had set up to deal with the scammers....and he sent this:

Hello Dear XXX,

Thanks for sending me your email id, it is so thoughtful of you and I'm very happy to hear from you. You are too kind.

I'd like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from, okay. My name is Oscar Wood, my father was from Texas and my mother was Istanbul Turkey. I spent some time of my life in turkey studying and later moved to Australia where I attained my masters degree in Engineering. I finally moved back to the US of A in 2004 and settled in Cold spring NY. I work as an Operations manager for a Cargo shipping company. I have been with the company for 12 years as the director of operations. I enjoy my job though risky because we are always at sea.

I lost my wife in a car wreck five years ago. I have one very handsome son, His name is Terry and he is 9 years old now. I'm 5`11" 190 lbs with an athletic build. I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy painting which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music. I am a family oriented person, love children, there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.

I am really interested in knowing more about you, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone, So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes your heart and soul happy, as the friendship I want to build with you, I want it to be like no other you have ever shared or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, love and faithfulness. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Until then have a pleasant day.
Oscar

Look familiar? The same letter comes up with "Roman Peters".....need I go on?
SmartBlond
New survivor

Re: oscar.wood64@gmail.com

Unread postby SmartBlond » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:58 pm

I did not report him, and have not blocked him yet....I gave him a bogus email address I use to deal with the scammers and I'm getting the classic emails about himself, and he will be on a ship to Australia soon....I did a search on one paragraph and it came up in a couple of other scammer websites.....there must be a "book of letters" that they use (being a bit sarcastic, but not much on that one!)

I am going to block him on Facebook now....I wonder if I should have started a new post just about "Oscar Wood"?
SmartBlond
New survivor

Re: oscar.wood64@gmail.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:24 am

Scammers steal "love letter" phrases from websites and from each other. This post belongs here in this topic, as we categorize them by the pictures used. So many scammers are using this same guy's pictures, but it the easiest way to keep tabs on them and for victims to find them searching.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

oscar.wood64@yahoo.com

Unread postby JoanNewby » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm

The "new name" for this picture, on Facebook is "Oscar Wood"....he has sent me two different messages, the first time, I gave him an email address to use, that was set up strictly for times I did not want to give out my real name and/or email address (although the name he had from Facebook, but that's not the point...)

Here is the text of the email I received from oscar.wood64@yahoo.com

First one:

"Thanks for sending me your email id, it is so thoughtful of you and I'm very happy to hear from you. You are too kind.

I'd like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from, okay. My name is Oscar Wood, my father was from Texas and my mother was Istanbul Turkey. I spent some time of my life in turkey studying and later moved to Australia where I attained my masters degree in Engineering. I finally moved back to the US of A in 2004 and settled in Cold spring NY. I work as an Operations manager for a Cargo shipping company. I have been with the company for 12 years as the director of operations. I enjoy my job though risky because we are always at sea.

I lost my wife in a car wreck five years ago. I have one very handsome son, His name is Terry and he is 9 years old now. I'm 5`11" 190 lbs with an athletic build. I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy painting which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music. I am a family oriented person, love children, there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.

I am really interested in knowing more about you, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone, So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes your heart and soul happy, as the friendship I want to build with you, I want it to be like no other you have ever shared or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, love and faithfulness. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Until then have a pleasant day.
Oscar."

I replied I had no interest in a man far away, and with a young child, and I got this:

" Glad to read your email and thanks for your sincerity. I want to let you know that we did not met by accident, but rather the will of God and am very sure God has a purpose of bringing both of us together.

I am confident you are in good health. Honestly, there is so much I want to tell you and so many things I want to ask you, I don't know where to start. I am new at this online dating thing so please understand if I am a little awkward at it. I am writing this message to you not for the fun of it, but because I want you to take some time and read it carefully. I'm going to be 59 next year January 31st. I found you on facebook while trying to access my late wife's Piret FB account when I type the letter P your name just pumped up and I decided to drop a line for you on your facebook, today am very glad you responded.

Let me start by saying that I thank God for meeting you. As you may have known, the fountain of any relationship must spring up in the heart. It is very important for me to express to you how much you really mean to me. I wish I could do this in person while looking into your eyes, but since we are physically separated by miles of emptiness, this expression must come in the form of letters such as this.

To me, you are first of all my friend and then...... something more greater in the near future..... God willing. To be honest with you, I am really short of words here, but one thing I do know is that I have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about through chat, mail or phone, and I have a heart; a heart that is aching to see your smile. I would like to use this opportunity to say...I am delighted to have met you.

I know you will be thinking about the distance between us. Yes! Distance doesn't permit the action to be seen, rather, words convey the feelings when distance hinders. No matter the distance that separates us now, I can assure you that this gap will be bridged as we really get to know each other. As the saying goes: "True Love and Friendship knows no boundaries and no distance; miles and obstacles mean absolutely nothing in the face of friendship and love" Though miles may lie between us right now, we'll never be apart forever, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

I just want us to start as friends and see what we can come up with,, I thank you for your understanding. I am grateful and I wish us a happy and prosperous New beginning. Here are some of my pics and I do hope you will like them. As I write to you now, my job is taking me to Australia (Sailing for a month....and I would really like us to chat and get to know each other better but if time cannot permit us, I am sure we'll continue to communicate with emails.

I sure hope to hear from you again.
Oscar."

I never replied again, and then a couple of weeks ago, he sent another message to me on Facebook, I guess he is not good at tracking his messages.....I did not respond.

I want to have him blocked, and I am wondering why this board and others do not want that done, by reporting him? I'm sure there is someone who is going to get scammed and not everyone takes the time to Google and find out about a picture, etc.....

JoanNewby
New survivor

Re: scott.brown59@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:55 am

Thanks for the update, JoanNewby.

About:

I am wondering why this board and others do not want that done, by reporting him? I'm sure there is someone who is going to get scammed and not everyone takes the time to Google and find out about a picture, etc.....

You have your reply here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66948.

Because he was not reported and the profile closed, you were able to find he is a scammer. Same like you, other may be saved.

Maybe not everyone takes the time to find out about a picture, but doing some minimal reasearches is a basic element when you decide to have an online activity and you are ready to share parts from your life with someone you never meet for real. The Internet is just another world with different rules and is no one out there to take care of you if you don't do it for yourself.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

markcooper30@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby babyboom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello
I'm a new here and I'm so confused,why because i "meet"this guy right now he use name Mark Cooper.
I have all emails and txt msg.,even today he send me a txt msg.,when i start thinking something going wrong when he send me txt msg and use name Roman :?: start asking"who are you?""what's going on?"etc.,offcourse he answer me it's a mistake because his so tired,i read all post on this forum and i don't know what to say. Really I'm so confused don't know what to do because i believe him and send money,offcourse i tell him i don't need this because I'm working and have money for myself.
But not all, they want 2600€,and i send 1300€ offcourse i don't want send rest i tell him I'll send when he answer on my question.
What we know about him:
His change names but in every post i read his email he everytime tell us about Turkey,"his son Terry" cargo ships and Australia,i think it's a clue but I'm not sure.
By the way as i tell i have every email from him,and Global Solutions Security,if it's help something not a problem i will send you.
babyboom
New survivor

Re: markcooper30@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:37 pm

babyboom,

You must stop talking to everyone involved in the scam immediately. Do not say one more word. Delete all of his new emails, do not chat, block his phone numbers and do not answer any sms phone texts.

Go here for more advice.
What to do if you are a victim of a scam
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26504

I will send you a private message PM with email address to send the scammers emails to.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

MARC COOPER - markcooper30@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:41 am

Posted on the behalf of the victim:

The victim met the scammer on FB. Because the had few common friends, she accepted the request, and the conversation started on FB, before moving on emails and phone. The scammer was using the same stolen pictures already reported here.

Hi xxx, I enjoyed reading your profile and nice photo too! I liked what you appear to be, and think it might be interesting to communicate. hope this msg catches u with a smile, I look forward to hearing from you soon......have a blessed day.

I so much appreciate your response to my mail, can we get to chat better on yahoo messenger so we get to know each other so well. Am Mark Cooper and i will be pleased to know you and awaiting your response. Have a lovely day and remain blessed. I must admit I look forward to hearing from you with great anticipation.

Hi xxx, How are you doing today? Great I guess. Please kindly send me your email address so i can write you a detail mail and telling you everything you need to know about me. hope this message catches u with a smile, looking forward to hearing from you soon.............have a blessed day and stay smiling.

Good Morning xxx, I just sent you a detail mail about myself, please check your mail and get back to me asap. Have a great day.

He was calling every day a few times, we are talking about how we spend day, about our works, what we are doing in free time, few times his crying when we talk, when i ask him why he cry he always tell me "because I don't want live like that, miss you and our son Terry."
I believed him.
I always told him I hate lies if he wants to lie or cheated me,better for him if we finish as friends ... well he come down to me and always tell "i never ever lie to you my sweet wife"
Really i don't know what to think it's so hard for me,just can't believe.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:08 am

Text messages:

"My love please read your email baby, And contact the security company."

"My one and only love xxx, Baby am so happy now that you have talk to the company and know what them want before delivered the package to you. Please my sweet love go and send the money to them. I promise you baby your money can never lose, I give you the go ahead once them delivered the package to you open it and take out with so ever you spend my love.

Honey here is the key number again to unlock the safe is 2257.

Your baby,
Mark."

"Your beautiful eyes take me to a land far away where there is only love, happiness, joy and smiles everywhere. Your pretty lips remind me of your sizzling smile. I feel like a teenager in love when I see you. I just want to say I Love You to the most gorgeous woman on earth xxx...

Honey have you send the payment slip to the company.
Your Husband.
mark."

"Many times you understand the language of my heart Through unspoken gestures and ways So, would like to thank you for coming in my life And making it so wonderful, I love you. Baby once you get to the office just first send the email to the company cos am worried honey.

Your Mark."
"Sweetie, please kindly send the 1000 euros to the company now and let's see if they can help us with that to obtain the document from the British Embassy in the Philippines to enable them lift my package to you without further delay. There is no way they will send my package to you without the money intact inside the box. I miss you Hun."
"Please baby don't go to the embassy in xxx allowed the company in the Philippines to handle the issue so we don't go back and forth between and mess up the process. I don't want us to make any mistake until the package is successfully delivered to you. Just keep constant communications with the security company until you receive the package. I miss you."
"My sweet, if you contact the British embassy in Philippines what would you tell them? Please follow up with the company and allow them to help us obtain the document and have the package delivered to you. I love you and I miss more."

"Your love gives me comfort from within, And in life, it's the best I've seen. You are my world, the reason for my joy, If not for you, where would I have been! Loving you, but I am missing you.

Your Roman."
Hmmmm...... Roman?
"My love i was trying when i was writing to you that SMS, Cos one of our crew menber just die this morning here at the sea... trying trying trying...."
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:40 am

Emails the scammer sent to the victim:

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 Mark Cooper wrote:

Hello Dear xxx,
Thanks for sending me your email id, it is so thoughtful of you and I'm very happy to hear from you. You are too kind.
I'd like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from, okay. My name is Mark Cooper as you already know, my father was from Cardiff and my mother was Istanbul Turkey. I spent some time of my life in turkey studying and later moved to Australia where I attained my masters degree in Engineering. I finally moved back to the United Kingdom in 2004 and settled in West London, Fulham. I work as an Operations manager for a Cargo shipping company. I have been with the company for 12 years as the director of operations. I enjoy my job though risky because we are always at sea. I lost my wife in a car wreck five years ago. I have one very handsome son, His name is Terry and he is 9 years old now. I'm 5`11" 190 lbs with an athletic build. I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy painting which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming,
listening to music and dance to any kind of music. I am a family oriented person, love children, there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself. I am really interested in knowing more about you, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone, So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes your heart and soul happy, as the friendship I want to build with you, I want it to be like no other you have ever shared or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, love and faithfulness. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.
>Hope to hear from you soon.Until then have a pleasant day.Mark.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 Mark Cooper wrote:

Hello Dear xxx,
Glad to read your email and thanks for your sincerity. I want to let you know that we did not met by accident, but rather the will of God and am very sure God has a purpose of bringing both of us together.
I am confident you are in good health. Honestly, there is so much I want to tell you and so many things I want to ask you, I don't know where to start. I am new at this online dating thing so please understand if I am a little awkward at it. I am writing this message to you not for the fun of it, but because I want you to take some time and read it carefully. I'm going to be 54 next year January 31st. I found you on facebook while trying to access my late wife's Amanda FB account when I type the letter A your name just pumped up and I decided to drop a line for you on your facebook, today am very glad you responded. Let me start by saying that I thank God for meeting you. As you may have known, the fountain of any relationship must spring up in the heart. It is very important for me to express to you how much you really mean to me. I wish I could do this in person while looking into your eyes, but since we are physically separated by miles of
emptiness, this expression must come in the form of letters such as this.
To me, you are first of all my friend and then...... something more greater in the near future..... God willing. To be honest with you, I am really short of words here, but one thing I do know is that I have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about through chat, mail or phone, and I have a heart; a heart that is aching to see your smile. I would like to use this opportunity to say...I am delighted to have met you.
I know you will be thinking about the distance between us. Yes! Distance doesn't permit the action to be seen, rather, words convey the feelings when distance hinders. No matter the distance that separates us now, I can assure you that this gap will be bridged as we really get to know each other. As the saying goes: "True Love and Friendship knows no boundaries and no distance; miles and obstacles mean absolutely nothing in the face of friendship and love" Though miles may lie between us right now, we'll never be apart forever, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.
I just want us to start as friends and see what we can come up with,, I thank you for your understanding. I am grateful and I wish us a happy and prosperous New beginning. Here are some of my pics and I do hope you will like them. As I write to you now, my job is taking me to Australia (Sailing for a month....and I would really like us to chat and get to know each other better but if time cannot permit us, I am sure we'll continue to communicate with emails.
I sure hope to hear from you again.Mark.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.