Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

ben_j00077@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

ben_j00077@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 pm

The victim met the scammer on Tagged 6 months ago, where he was using the name Ben Williams, claims to be from Wales, UK. They chatted, using Yahoo and phone. The victim helped Ben with money to solve his problems in Africa. Ben claims he travelled there one month ago and, being there, he can not widraw money from the maschine online. For this reason he asked for the victim´s help, so he can get to use the mashinerries for one contract supposedly to start next month. Unable to get financial help there, Ben told the victim he need money to go back in UK to settle his bank account to allow him to widraw money and also he need money to pay his workers. Of course, he promised he will return the money, when he will meet the victim in person, because he love her and he want to spend his life with her. The victim sent him 2.000 dollars through Western Union. One so called friend from the scammer office received the money. Next thing the victim heared was that the 4 workers strike for not being paid when the scammer was on his way to the Airport and the workers called the immigration authorities to detain him. One barrister called the victim to tell her the scammer is detained, asking the victim to send money for those 4 workers payment, with the fake pretext that this action will convince the court to let the scammer free to go back in UK. The victim told the barrister she dont have any other money and she expect to receive her money back when the scammer will arrive in UK. The barrister became abusive, but the victim deny any money request. The scammer deleted in the meantime his Facebook, Linkedin and also his Tagged profile. The friend who received the money is also impossible to be found and the phone number he used can not be reached anymore. The victim contacted the manager from the hotel where the scammer was living in Africa, but the manager told her Ben is in holiday and she need to settle everything with him when he return.

Email address used: ben_j00077@yahoo.com

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: ben_j00077@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:53 am

Posting on the behalf of the victim:

Hi goodevening! im a victim of this BEN WILLIAMS[JAMES],Im happy i read what u post regarding him,he apply me in uk embassy for visa,but found many are victims of this fake uk visa,i went to an agency to verify same thing the agency said they know about this case ,he said the visa will stamp her not in uk they make u appointment to your embassy there he said to me for schedule when its on the data base so dont worry wait your appointment date ,but you need to pay her in uk so i doubt why i need to pay again ,so i said its scam,i told him what the agency told me,he said why you have so many doubts ,since i direct to apply u at uk embassy ,i know 2 of my friends working there to assist me he said to me,,so before your visa release you need to pay 3,500dollars. Then the person encharge David called me i need to pay ,,so i said to ben i dont have u must pay if you really love me ,,u show you are real prove to me so he said i pay half and he pay also half because he said to me he paid a lot for the application 5000dollars he paid so he force me to pay,i said dont have,then he ask me what to do,,i said cancell,so he went to embassy to cancell but then he said he paid the amount not to put hes status in bad records so they release him the visa, he send me the passport showing our names that he sponsor me for working visa to uk,,now i cant find on my mail because he deleted all hes account he open again new account on tagged name ben williams 55 skyblue long sleeves both hands on his chin smiling, now i saw hes facebook again he deleted me as friend,also i found that he open a new account linked networkupdates 6/28/2013 i saw hes picture in yellow that he is a ceo at private lender,liverpool uk,,accounting private lender,investorsince april 2000 till present,13yrs3months,private lender,investor.i told him why do u ask help u are lending money to ppl i said no response,may when he arrival africa for hes contract the company send him there they pay everything but then he cant get access so i help him with the ticket to go uk to settle everything so he said to send me the money first before others ,then go back to uk to pay workers salary plus advance also the 2supervisors to look after the contract when he come to meet me for 1 week ,now the workers strikeon hes way to airport ,i thot hes already in uk that day why no contact from him he said to arrive uk at 5am to call me let me know he arrive but then i cant wait hes call. That day at 6pm one barrister called me to tell me that my husband detain workers complain he did not pay there salary, they said hes trying to escape, not to pay them so he was detain in court now. I said that he is going home to settle hes money coz he cant get access to the online machine to widraw money i said. Yeah, he need to pay the 4 workers salary first before he can go home to uk . So i chat him but not long just few minutes he said they give him limit to use the computer, so what he said to me fine way to help him he sold hes loptop and phone watch so he has 5000 dollars now he need 3000 dollars so he can pay the workers salary then he go home. <i said sorry i m nothing. So he stop to come online to chat. Sometimes i saw them chatting with her mom, then i talk to her mom saying to find solution there in uk, i told him tell her mom to sell your belongins to have that 3000 dollars and he get mad with me. De said what kind of woman i am. His mother told me that she send him 8000 dollars before to start hes project, so now his mom has nothing else. Then his mom was operated, 3 weeks in hospital... but he dont need money cos she has account to pay its a family hospital he said, so now i can not hear from the person in the office also the barrister ,her mom phone number ringing no answer.

Phone numbers used:

- +447035957511

Number billable as universal access number
Country or destination United Kingdom
Original network provider* Open Telecom International Ltd.

- +447255263525 - no details

- +2348056247955

Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Nigeria
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Globacom Ltd

Ben´s mom elizerbethbrown +447012930205

Original network provider* Invomo Ltd
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 am

The address of Ben Williams:
323 West Bround Avenue Downtown, Wales Cardiff, UK.

Friends contacts:

- +23431230881 office

Number billable as geographic number
City or exchange location Ilorin

- his Sheraton Hotel manager in Abuja +2348055964034
Original network provider* Globacom Ltd

- barrister +2348147697086 - This telephone number is most likely a Nigeria number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist.

- uk embassy +447700050060
Original network provider* Cloud9 Communications Limited

-
barcklay bank that he want me to open account but i refuse because he said to pay open account to them in uk amount of 1500 dollars so the manager send me details to fill out on mail but i refuse. I said i dont want to send info since u know already my personal details when u apply me for visa i said, i dont have the right to recieve your money, its your money, your responsibility to do that, he said i cant do it in africa i need to go home, so if u agree please fill up send to this person your details. When i ask how much the online opening account costs he said the bank told him 1500 dollars i said no. So i helped for ticket half but it happen he was in a mess. I told him call the bank +447045721208 to help you and deduct from your money i said,so i disagree with him to pay coz i have doubt to pay that much, i ask him to pay. He promise to send the money i paid for him back to me when he is in uk, "not to worry u will be the one i send first". He told me to arrange his coming to visit me here in arrange my documents with him to get ready till december that his contract finish he come to pick me up in go home uk together. His mom telling me she need a wife for his son hes getting old,, and mom no more strength getting old. "so i hope soon ben come to take u ,so we are together soon miss you here"... Now i stop to chat with his mom also ,i saw her on cam to chat. Please post for others sake not to chat to this man.

The victim never saw any of those scammers on cam.

Pictures used by the scammer:

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 am

Email about the UK visa:

Subject: Fill and Send Back to me

This form must be completed in English.

Please follow the guidance notes carefully and complete all questions as indicated.
The UK Border Agency may take a decision on your application based on the information contained here without interviewing you.

Therefore please ensure you submit all relevant original documents.

It is better to explain why you do not have a document than to submit a false document.

Your application will be automatically refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information.
You may also be banned if you have breached immigration laws in the UK.

1.1 Given name(s) (as shown in your passport) ..........
1.2 Family name (as shown in your passport)..........
1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
1.4 Sex ..........
1.5 M arital status ..........
1.6 D ate of Birth ..........
1.7 Place of Birth..........
1.8 Country of Birth ..........
1.9 Nationality ..........
1.10 Do you hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities ..........

2.1 Current passport or travel document number ..........
2.2 Place of Issue ..........
2.3 Issuing Authority ..........
2.4 D ate of Issue ..........
2.5 D ate of Expiry ..........
2.6 Is this your first passport ..........
2.7 Please give details of any previous passports, covering the last 10 years, including where these passports are now if you have any ..........

3.1 Your full residential address and postal code ..........
3.2 How long have you lived at this address ..........
3.3 Home (landline) telephone number ..........
3.4 Your mobile telephone number ..........
3.5 Email address ..........
3.6 Contact details if different from those given in question 3.1 ..........

4.1 Father’s given name(s) ..........
4.2 F ather’s family name ..........
4.3 F ather’s date of birth ..........
4.4 Father’s place and country of birth
4.5 F ather’s nationality/nationalities ..........
4.6 Mother’s given name(s) ..........
4.7 Mother’s family name ..........
4.8 Mother’s date of birth ..........
4.9 Mother’s nationality/nationalities ..........
4.10 Mother’s place and country of birth ..........

5.1 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years ..........
5.2 Have you travelled outside your country of residence,excluding to the UK, in the last 10 years ..........
5.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country ..........
5.4 Have you been granted any UK visas in the last 10 years ..........
5.5 Have you been refused entry on arrival to the UK last 10 years ..........
5.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years ..........
5.7 H ave you made an application to the Home Office to Yes No If ‘Yes’ please provide details remain in the UK in the last 10 years ..........
5.8 Do you have a UK National Insurance number National Insurance numberif yes give Reason for getting a National Insurance number ..........
5.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences) ..........
5.10 Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences)..........

Please ensure you submit all the relevant original documents that you want the Entry Clearance Officer to see when considering your application. The UK Immigration Rules make it clear that it is your responsibility to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you
are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for the purpose and duration that you have stated. Submission of legal documents guarantee that your visa will be issued. It is your choice which documents you submit.

Further guidance on supporting documents can be found on the UKBA web pages.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

Email from the bank:

Subject: RE: ATT: Dear Online Customer:

Barclays International Private Banking, UK
Account Director:
THOMAS KALARIS
Tel: +4470457 21208
Fax: +44-705-349-1497
Reg. Office:
8 West Hal kin Street, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 8JE, United Kingdom.

ATT: Dear Online Customer:

You are Welcome to the foreign remittance / online department of Barclays International Private Banking. Barclays International Private Bank is the flagship subsidiary of financial services group Barclays International Private Banking, UK. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it serves approximately 6 million consumers and nearly 300,000 small businesses, but also has significant operations in France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and several African nations, as well as the Middle East, U.S.A and Asia. It offers standard retail services such as current accounts, savings and investments, insurance, credit cards, and online banking etc.
PREMIUM ACCOUNT:
1. Investment Pay back access.
2. Instant Credit card Issued.
3. Bank Cheque Issued.
4. Better Accessibility.
5. Internet access/ online account.
PROCEDURES /REQUIREMENTS FOR SETTING UP OF ONLINE PREMIUM ACCOUNT FOR THE TRANSFER OF Mr. Ben Williams FUNDS AMOUNTING TO (700,000.00 USD).
Fill and submit correctly the below bank account opening form.
Name:
Prefix (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.):

First name:

Middle name:

Last name:

Nickname:

Maiden name:

Suffix (Sr., Jr., II, III, etc.):

Personal
Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):

Marital status:

Spouse/significant other:

Preferred address for correspondence:
Home Work/business
Home address and phone
Address:

City:

State/province:

Zip/postal code:

Phone:

Fax:

Mobile/cellular:

Internet at home
E-mail ID:
Email password:

Home page:

Employment and business
Job title:

Company name:

Work address:

City:

State/province:

Zip/postal code:

Phone:

Fax:

Mobile/cellular:

Submit along with the bank form, a scanned copy of your international passport, driver’s license or any form of identity with your name as the bearer. The Premium account has full option banking amenities which involves having a Master Card, credit / debit balance print out and overdraft. NOTE: - The minimum deposit has to be paid before your account can be operational and the deposit belongs to you as this will be in your account before crediting the funds you wish to transfer. As soon as you provide the funds for the Account activation, we will activate it and credit your account with the sum which you have provided for the account activation and it will reflect on your account as your opening balance, You can then effect transfers to any account you nominate anywhere around the world.

Note that this fund is currently on a suspense account with this bank (Non-active account). Hence, cannot be transferred until it been deposited in an account opened with your name. To this end, an online bank account will be activated / opened in your name to enable the subsequent deposition of its exact value, so that we can proceed with the transfer of the fund. Once this account has been activated / opened, you would transfer the fund via online, to any of your designated bank account across the globe. Therefore, you are to pay an account activation fee (initial deposit) to set up the online account. Please kindly note that the initial deposit paid by you remains your money and will only be use in setting up the account before depositing the funds in its exact value. Note: Initial deposit paid by you is for the account type and it will be added and transferred along with the charity funds in its exact value.

Your new account details and online access code will be sent to you to enable you log on to your account for the transferring of your funds. High Interest Deposit Bond Whatever you're saving for, earn up to 5.25% gross / AER with our High Interest Deposit Bond. Interest rate fixed for 3 years, this is when you open our premium account. NOTE: That if you decide on closing your account, you will be able to transfer your funds along with the initial deposit you made for the account activation / opening. After which you will be given instruction on how to send the funds for the account activation. Barclays International Private Banking, UK have been assigned with the task to transfer Mr. Ben Williams fund amounting to the sum of (700,000.00 USD) to you by offering you the services of our online banking system, we are here to serve and assist you in this transfer of funds to your specified account in your location.
All banks in the United Kingdom are authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and adheres to the principles of the Banking Codes including Barclays International Private Banking, UK. To this note, clients are required to abide by the Banking policies of the British Government by making security deposit for ACTIVATION FEES. The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is the independent regulator set up by Government to look after the financial services industry and protect consumers. As soon as you fill the attached bank account opening form, we will update you with the payment details for setting up of the online account with Barclays International Private Banking, UK. I await your swift response to this email.
Yours Truly
Account Director:
THOMAS KALARIS
Tel: +4470457 21208
Fax: +44-705-349-1497

About +447045721208:

Original network provider* Open Telecom International Ltd.

About +447053491497:

Original network provider* YAC Ltd

About universal access numers - see http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1776

About Cloud9 UK numbers - see http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9444
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: ibarclays-uk.com - akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 am

The email address thomaskalaris@ibarclays-uk.com is "tailored" to looks like the genuine one - the genuine one is without the letter "i" after @. The identity of the bank representative is stolen, the real Barclay´s director named Thomas Kalaris has nothing to do with the scam.

About ibarclays-uk.com:

Domain name: ibarclays-uk.com

Administrative Contact:

Ash Astern (akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk)
+44.442071937861
23 Parsons Green Ln
London, London 1SWE CNH
GB
Creation date: 19 Jan 2012 12:40:00
Expiration date: 19 Jan 2014 04:40:00

Reverse Whois:

"Ash Astern" owns about 73 other domains
Email akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk is associated with about 82 domains - all registered under ENOM, INC., between 2011 - 2013.

The email address akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk is reported on http:/ /db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=77217 and is associated with 30 Domains - according to http:/ /www.webboar.com/whois-email/akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk. A list with some of those domains can be seen here: http:/ /www.whoismind.com/email/akolarov90@3rdrock.co.uk.html.

The phone number +442071937861:

Number billable as geographic number
City or exchange location London
Original network provider* Cable & Wireless UK

27 Domain(s) Use +44.442071937861 As Whois Phone according to http:/ /www.webboar.com/whois-phone/%2B44.442071937861.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby gulliblegirl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:59 am

Thank you so much for this relevant information. I met Mr. Ben Williams on tagged, he just message me up and ask me if I care for a caregiver job and he needs a companion for his mom and if I am interested I must have a valid passport and he is Ben Williams from Wales London. He worked as a Private Structural/Civil Engineer in one of the company in England, he was assigned to the upcoming project in Germany so he will be off in a month. He told me he is widowed and have 2 kids, a daughter and son, who schooled in New York City. I am from the Philippines, so he must know we are known for caregivers job. He offered me a salary of 1600 GBP monthly, 65 GBP as week allowance. Living in a 3rd world country I was overwhelmed with the offer, so I grab the opportunity of once in a lifetime or a few days after I think am a victim of a scam. Well as our conversation goes he instructed me to send a scanned copy of my valid passport, birth certificate and 2x2 passport size photos to benj_00077@yahoo.com and I must pay $800 as a placement fee and after a day I send him the documents and he mail me back that I have to fill in the embassy form which is the same as posted above and I stupidly filled it out and send it back to him. And a day after he mail me the following payment details:
Receivers Name: David White
Address: 6-8 Suffolk St, London SW1Y 4HG
Amount: 800$ which is 482.29 British Pound Sterling = 35916.00 Philippine Peso
That's where my doubts and worry begun to emerge, I just can't shell out that kind of money here after just knowing him for a very few days so I told him before I'll send the money I'll just have to coordinate with the proper designated authority here in our country. Thankfully I decided not to fall for this but I was able to send my valid documents to him. I felt really bad after I mentioned to him that I can't pay him because I don't have that kind of money. He told me he was just upset and disappointed with me. I still give him the benefit of the doubt after our conversation last night because I feel that, as if in a way somehow I failed him but after I read the thing he has done with others here. I don't know why someone is able to do this kind of things, I still wish somehow he is still a good man. I just hope he will stop already, when you really talk to him he said he is a God fearing person but able to do a fearless thing like this. I hope in some way my testimony will help to be able to not continue with this kind of activities and fool others. Thank you so much.
gulliblegirl
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks for your report, gullible girl. I'm sorry that you were scammed.
Can you send all emails from the scammer to our admin firefly using the email address I gave to you in Pm?
We only want his emails to you, and any of his associates to you, none from you to him, ok?
Include any documents, pictures, attachments he sent to you.

Scammers never stop scamming. They are professional sociopathic thieves, who do not care about people.
He has zero feelings for others. All he wants is your money. There is not one speck of good in him at all, and that is the truth. Scammers are pure evil. :evil:

Please also follow all of the advice in this topic to protect yourself and other victims from this scammer:
Please read this link: What to do if you are a victim of a scam
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:08 pm

The scammer met the victim on a dating site. He replaced the romance with a job scam, trying to get the victim's money.

To:
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014
Subject: FILL CORRECTLY AND SEND BACK

This form must be completed in English.

Please follow the guidance notes carefully and complete all questions as indicated.
The UK Border Agency may take a decision on your application based on the information contained here without interviewing you.

Therefore please ensure you submit all relevant original documents.

It is better to explain why you do not have a document than to submit a false document.

Your application will be automatically refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information.
You may also be banned if you have breached immigration laws in the UK.

1.1 Given name(s) (as shown in your passport) ........
1.2 Family name (as shown in your passport).........
1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
1.4 Sex ........
1.5 Marital status .........
1.6 D ate of Birth .........
1.7 Place of Birth.........
1.8 Country of Birth .........
1.9 Nationality .........
1.10 Do you hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities .........

2.1 Current passport or travel document number ........
2.2 Place of Issue .........
2.3 Issuing Authority .........
2.4 D ate of Issue .........
2.5 D ate of Expiry .........
2.6 Is this your first passport .........
2.7 Please give details of any previous passports, covering the last 10 years, including where these passports are now if you have any .........

3.1 Your full residential address and postal code ........
3.2 How long have you lived at this address .........
3.3 Home (land line) telephone number .........
3.4 Your mobile telephone number .........
3.5 Email address .........
3.6 Contact details if different from those given in question 3.1 ..........

4.1 Father’s given name(s) ..........
4.2 Father’s family name .........
4.3 Father’s date of birth .........
4.4 Father’s place and country of birth
4.5 Father’s nationality/nationalities .........
4.6 Mother’s given name(s) .........
4.7 Mother’s family name .........
4.8 Mother’s date of birth .........
4.9 Mother’s nationality/nationalities .........
4.10 Mother’s place and country of birth ........

5.1 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years .........
5.2 Have you travelled outside your country of residence,excluding to the UK, in the last 10 years .........
5.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country ........
5.4 Have you been granted any UK visas in the last 10 years .........
5.5 Have you been refused entry on arrival to the UK last 10 years .........
5.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years ........
5.7 H ave you made an application to the Home Office to Yes No If ‘Yes’ please provide details remain in the UK in the last 10 years .........
5.8 Do you have a UK National Insurance number National Insurance number if yes give Reason for getting a National Insurance number .........
5.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences) .........No.
5.10 Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences).........

Please ensure you submit all the relevant original documents that you want the Entry Clearance Officer to see when considering your application. The UK Immigration Rules make it clear that it is your responsibility to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you
are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for the purpose and duration that you have stated. Submission of legal documents guarantee that your visa will be issued. It is your choice which documents you submit.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 pm

To:
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014
Subject: Hello Dear

Woo very nice and wonderful message, please be informed that all the document you sent to me are all necessary but not all will be used for the processing i will print out all the document and take to the embassy so they decide which is best for the processing and i will get back to you later today, and in regards to your question, please be informed that day off will be necessary because all work and know play they say makes jack a dull boy and your day of will start Friday 5 pm till Sunday 5 pm and i hope you will be okay with that so that you can be able to work and round and meet some friends and also meet some friends from xxx (victim's country) so you can get more used to our culture and some other things, you will have your own personal room because my Mom leave in my house and i have 7 rooms 3 of the rooms are free and you can chose any out of the 3 to be your personal room because we all needs our privacy and i promise you will never regret working with my Mom, she's a lovely and understanding woman, i have told her about your already and she was so excited about the good news.

Thanks once again for sending me your document, i will print it now and arrange properly so i can take to the embassy, see you later when am back, thanks and have a lovely day ahead.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.